NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

This game finished haslett

As if there were ever a doubt about whether Jim Haslett is the man to run this club next year, today should erase all doubt. Holding a 17-7 halftime lead at home over a 2-11 club that was missing its starting quarterback, only to fall on your face tells you all you need to know.

As General Counsel so astutely pointed out on another thread, several things happened today which were nothing short of mind boggling. The first and the most obvious is the Rams staff's inability/unwillingness to be creative in the 2nd half and prevent the offense from completely collapsing. To be fair, they DID go for it on a couple of 4th down situations today, but for the offense to rack up a grand total of 95 yards in the 2nd half is a disgrace. Secondly, what in the world is Jim Haslett challenging a touchdown call from the one yard line for with only one timeout in his pocket? Befuddling. If you win, it's 3rd and 1 from the 1 yd line- hardly worth the risk/reward. Of course he lost the challenge and killed the last time out.

And the thing that has me almost beside myself with rage is the Rams drive after Seattle tied the game. For a coaching staff to not be able to best utilize its talent in this situation is an abomination. Was Jackson hurt? Why wouldn't you try to involve your best back in a tie game at home?Why would you call two pass plays (incompletions) to Darby and Fells- two guys who fell off the scrap heap, when you have Jackson, Holt, Avery, Burton etc.? Just a gutless display by both Haslett and Al Saunders, if you ask me. And speaking of Saunders, I cannot believe this guy helped us win a Super Bowl. Watching the Rams offense, this guy looks like he couldn't be chief of a one man Indian Tribe. What a joke.

I should have known better than to think we could get a win today.

RANDYRAM Guest

Re: This game finished haslett

I totally agree 100%

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: This game finished haslett

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I should have known better than to think we could get a win today.
    This seems to be a reoccurring theme for all of us....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...