Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Will51 is offline Registered User

This game might be our most important yet.

If we dont beat carolina this week we would be crawling into our bye week at a dissapointing 3-5, seattle already holds a steady lead in the division and if they beat oakland and we lose to carolina we could slowly watch our division title slip away. Winning would do alot, it would allow us to go into the bye with major confindence and with a .500 record. oakland has been rolliong and i dont see seattle beating them soundly. Hopefully shurmur finally realizes that this team is not an elite team that can sit on a lead and he hears all the media critisizing him. maybe this will teach him how to drive the nail in the coffin after we get a lead. Its obvious our recievers are not the greatest but alot of teams around the league have mediocre receivers, there is a reason we payed sam the millions we did and that is to move the ball and make his receivers better. so everyone needs to step up and come out with a win at the ed!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: This game might be our most important yet.

crawling into our bye week at a dissapointing 3-5
    3-13
    2-14
    1-15.....

....yet 3-5 after half a season with a rookie QB is a "disappointment"?

I don't know, maybe I'm too lenient, but I can't see 3 wins in half a season as disappointing at this point.

Having said that......yea, we better beat the Panthers.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

It seems some might be a bit spoiled at this point, after a couple wins? It's kind of funny, because we are a few plays away from being 5-2 or 6-1. Many blame it on Shurmur. Others blame it on various happenings ...

So, what would people be saying if we are 6-1? Considering, the majority thought before the season we were lacking "talent" all across the board and would win 5 or 6 games at most?

Seems perspective is lacking here ....

This is an important game that we need to win, but it's no different than the rest ...

Contrary to popular belief, the second half schedule is also winnable as the first half schedule. We're competitive, and will probably be in every game minus significant mental breakdowns or a huge rash of injuries ...

San Francisco, Arizona, Seattle, New Orleans, Denver, Kansas City, all mediocre teams to slightly above average teams at this point ...

Atlanta is a tough one, but we'll have it at home ....

Losing sucks, but to expect us to be 5-2 or 6-1 is crazy ....
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -10-27-2010 at 11:15 AM.

im not being selfish or being spoiled, bottom line is we have a pretty good team this year and goin into the bye week 4-4 does not seem like us fans are asking for to much. i dont care about previous years, this a new team, new qb, new defense, time for some winning

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Every game is a must win in the NFL that is why it is frustering to see the rams squander oppurtunities

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

I was checking out the Panthers forum. Most people there do not feel good about this game. I posted there to so lets see what their replies will be.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -10-27-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: No links.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The Rams are playing with house money, so I won't view any one loss as catastrophic at this point.

That said, I think there is a major opportunity this week to end the first half of the season and go into the bye week on a high note. That would likely have a carry-over effect into the tough second half schedule, so it would be a shame not to capitalize on the opportunity and to have to wait two weeks to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The Rams are playing with house money, so I won't view any one loss as catastrophic at this point.

That said, I think there is a major opportunity this week to end the first half of the season and go into the bye week on a high note. That would likely have a carry-over effect into the tough second half schedule, so it would be a shame not to capitalize on the opportunity and to have to wait two weeks to play again.
    Agreed, I think going in 4-4 into the bye week before playing *****. Has a complete opposite and extreme effect of losing this one. Keeps us in the division race, keeps everybody in a good mood, and we will probably come out firing in all cylinders against the niners.

mde8352gorams is online now Registered User

Exactly, we're exceeding most of the expectations on the site as well as the NFL analysts. Yes we'll hopefully win and go into the bye with a good attitude. As I said in another thread yesterday, we have to crawl before we can walk and walk before we can run, but we're getting there fans need to be patient. Just being competitive each week is a real great feeling and makes me proud to be a Rams fan once again. Think how Cowboy and Vikings fans are feeling right now.

Go Rams and win on Sunday!

shower beers is offline Registered User

It seems like each week is the "most important game". I wonder when we'll have a "not so important" game?

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    It seems like each week is the "most important game". I wonder when we'll have a "not so important" game?
    Week 17 ? When we are 11-4 playing seattle? Oh wait that might have homefield implications

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

First of all, forget about "pre season predictions". They mean nothing. Obviously, many fans expected very little at the start of the season, but expectations change- and fairly so- if a team shows it can compete consistently, which the Rams have shown. It is therefore a bit disingenuous to suggest fans should deal with losses easily because we didn't expect much to begin with". Sunday's loss was horrible. We gave a game away that was there for the taking by playing despicable 2nd half football. I don't look at this season as "playing with house money". We've demonstrated we can stay in games and even win a few here and there. That's what I expect for the remainder of the season, and I won't apologize for it.

Secondly, you are what your record says you are. All the "if's", "and's" and "but's" don't change anything. "We could've been 5-3 or 6-2 is the worst kind of cheat. We are competitive but have not demonstrated we are good enough to seal the deal. 3-4 is a pretty accurate barometer of what we currently are as a team- some good, some bad.

Thirdly, this IS a VERY important game. This is the easy part of our schedule on paper, with 3 road games in a row later in the season and facing a mediocre opponent in Carolina at home we must win this- no two ways about it.

I feel the OP is mostly accurate with his assessment.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Anyone disapointed with a 3 and 5 start simply has no grasp on the competitive level of this current team.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

Quote Originally Posted by Roy G. Biv View Post
    Anyone disapointed with a 3 and 5 start simply has no grasp on the competitive level of this current team.
    Ill be extremely mad if we are 3 and 5. This team has talent and can compete so i expect them to do so

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Based on the way this team has played so far this season, I'll be very upset if we don't beat Carolina. We've been competitive and in position late to win every game but one. I don't see anything wrong with changing expectations on the fly, so to me, this is a big game. We win and we stay in the hunt at 4-4, we lose and we fall into a hole at 3-5.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast