jquarando is offline Registered User

Game plan for next week

I just called up Scotty l and told him how to stop the whiners next week. I told him to simply stack up 8 or 9 in the box and make them one dimensional. Simply put, make Alex Smith win this game. None of their receivers should scare us to much especially if Alex is only getting 2 or 3 seconds to make a play. D.Jackson isnt going to blow by Hill so stack up the box Haslett so we can stop hearing about the almighty Frank Gore.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Re: Game plan for next week

After watching the game last night, I would agree. Take away Gore and make Smith beat you. He was completely stymied last night until the Tard D went soft on that last drive. Haslett needs to blitz his butt off, make Smith throw before he wants to. He'll toss a few int's, for sure. Of course, I believe that's what they'll try to do to us. After what they'll see in game film from the Panther debacle, the Rams passing game wouldn't scare anyone.

Yes, take away Gore, and force them into passing. Even if they get open, there's a really good chance they'll drop it anyway. LOL!!! Especially Jackson. I see he hasn't changed a bit.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

maineram Guest

Maybe the Rams could hire that sideline camera guy from the Patsies !!!!!!!!!

I heard he's looking for work.

Maine -

tecckd Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jquarando View Post
    I just called up Scotty l and told him how to stop the whiners next week. I told him to simply stack up 8 or 9 in the box and make them one dimensional. Simply put, make Alex Smith win this game. None of their receivers should scare us to much especially if Alex is only getting 2 or 3 seconds to make a play. D.Jackson isnt going to blow by Hill so stack up the box Haslett so we can stop hearing about the almighty Frank Gore.

wow! It looks like jquarando just figured out how to be a defensive coordinator...I don't think so.

Reasons why:

1. Arnaz Battle - Bartell is not ready to be out on the island...against anyone...they will throw to him all day.

2. Frank Gore - he will find a way to get through our D-line, and even though we have the box stacked, they are still picking up yards. We NEED better play out of front 4.

3. Screen plays - pushing the box and getting back field penatration every down does not equal success, this play can blow that up.

"Simply put" stacking the box is not the only answer. The rams are going to have to find creative ways to get to Alex and make him throw the ball before he wants to. In the Monday night game he looked uneasy when his #1 option was not there. If we just shove 8 in the box every time it will slow the run BUT it will let him go to the guy he wants to just about every time. The rams need to bring some heat (which did not happen against Carolina) and put on good coverage against his recieving options. If they can do this, along with better play out of the D-line, the Rams Defense will look much improved from Game 1.
    Last edited by tecckd; -09-12-2007 at 03:57 PM.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I agree, Arnaz Battle will kill you. Did you forget they have Vernon Davis?

They've got some men on that receiving core.

We've got our hands full.

jquarando is offline Registered User

I understand that they have a good set of receivers as all teams do but i think you are missing the point of my post. The point was that I want alex to win this game and in order for him to do that he must execute to these guys. I dont want him to get comfortable handing off to gore. I want alex to beat us and if he does hats off to him. If we take away the run the first half our offense(hopefully up by 21 at half) will put alex into a situation where he HAS to get the ball to these guys. That my friends is when our defense can do what it is truly, truly designed to do. Its so simple and thats why i called up jim and scott and told them what to do.

jkramsfan Guest

game plan is to score more points than the niners and win the game,at this point it needs to be one game at a time until this team gets rolling.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Keep Smith in the pocket, take his timing away. AAAH!!! Gore doesnt scare me...we've got the best run D in the league! You'll see it this week.