Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

Several things highlighted in this article show why this game is even more of a lock for us than before and a guaranteed win.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html
    "Smoot hurt in car accident
    Vikings' Childress says CB is out with broken jaw

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Vikings cornerback Fred Smoot will miss the last game of the season because of a jaw broken in five places in a recent car accident.
    The single-vehicle crash, revealed by coach Brad Childress at his Wednesday news conference, occurred Friday evening in Smoot's home state of Mississippi. After the Vikings were eliminated from playoff contention with a 9-7 loss to the Packers last Thursday, players were given the holiday weekend off.

Childress said his information, coming mostly from Smoot's agent, Bus Cook, was "sketchy," but that he believed Smoot was recovering from surgery and out of the hospital. Smoot, whose interception return was Minnesota's only score at Green Bay, has exchanged text messages with Childress, but is unable to speak. He was placed on injured reserve so the Vikings (6-9) can use his roster spot for someone else.

Rookie cornerback Cedric Griffin, who replaced Smoot in the starting lineup last month, was also placed on injured reserve with a neck injury that kept him out against the Packers. That leaves Minnesota quite thin in the secondary for the final game on Sunday against St. Louis.

The Vikings have allowed more yards passing than anyone this year, and the Rams -- who still have a chance at a wild-card spot in a weak conference -- are fourth in the NFL in yards passing.

Childress said the team, which released veteran receiver Marcus Robinson on Sunday, was still considering how to fill out the roster. Because they're out of the playoffs, the Vikings will use the Rams game as a head start on next season, giving several young players an extended look -- especially receivers and cornerbacks with Robinson gone and Smoot and Griffin out."

bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

When someone throws up a guarantee, that means you are willing to make restitution if you are wrong. What you offering up there my man?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    When someone throws up a guarantee, that means you are willing to make restitution if you are wrong. What you offering up there my man?
    Why are you always so quick to bet against the Rams? Are you a closet Whiner fan? :P

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    Well? We're waiting.........

RamWraith is offline Registered User

man you just jinxed us.

We lose this game it falls on your shoulders!!!!!!!!!!!
    !

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    man you just jinxed us.

We lose this game it falls on your shoulders!!!!!!!!!!!
    !
    LOL you mean like the game you guaranteed to win? :P Unlike that game, this one really should be a lock. When they are treating this almost like a preseason game and giving the younger guys extended looks, it's looks to me like they've already chalked it up as a loss. Throw in the injuries and their sorry pass defense and they don't stand a chance.

I'm not worried about us winning this game at all. The only thing that worries me is that you all don't agree. Still drinking the eggnog are we?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Luckily, our boy BRM has countered the jinx by changing from "get a better draft pick" to "come on Rams, make the playoffs". We're good to go.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

I don't ever remember guaranteeing a win. I may have been over confident, but never a guarantee.

I have learned. I really try hard not to ever get cocky about the Rams or if possible ever bet on them (although it is very hard and it never seems to work in my favor). Hell, I can't even do our fun betting pool. But to guarantee...no way not me

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    LOL you mean like the game you guaranteed to win? :P Unlike that game, this one really should be a lock. When they are treating this almost like a preseason game and giving the younger guys extended looks, it's looks to me like they've already chalked it up as a loss. Throw in the injuries and their sorry pass defense and they don't stand a chance.

I'm not worried about us winning this game at all. The only thing that worries me is that you all don't agree. Still drinking the eggnog are we?

bigredman is offline Registered User

Why are you always so quick to bet against the Rams? Are you a closet Whiner fan? :P
    Who said I was betting against the Rams? How do you extrapolate that from my earlier post? (call me a closet whiner fan again, and I'll kick your butt) I'm just saying...YOU are making a guarantee...not an opinion...not a prediction...a GUARANTEE. I want to know what I can expect as a prize if you are wrong. Come on my friend. You laid your huevos on the table, now back it up!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Using logic, wouldn't betting against someone who guarantees a Rams win, mean betting for the Rams to lose? And as far as a bet goes, no way will I bet on this game. That is a guarnteed jinx. Every sports bet I have ever made has lost. I could bet that the Chargers would beat your Pop Warner team, and somehow, some way you would coach them to victory.

Everything is falling into place for our playoff dreams to come true, this is but another piece.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Now, now, let us not bring BRM's closet issues into this conversation. We can win this game if we do not let Chester Taylor look like he is a Pro Bowl running back and if we protect Marc Bulger for the first time this season.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ChickenRam_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Hi there. Have we met?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Okay, wait, wait please. Rather than going to NFL.com and/or the Vikes website, I would just want to ask here if anyone knows who their QB is likely to be for their last game on Sunday.

Veteran Brad Johnson or the newcomer, Tar(something) Jackson? That's all. Thanks.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

This could get ugly....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Okay, wait, wait please. Rather than going to NFL.com and/or the Vikes website, I would just want to ask here if anyone knows who their QB is likely to be for their last game on Sunday.

Veteran Brad Johnson or the newcomer, Tar(something) Jackson? That's all. Thanks.
    It will be Tavaris Jackson. They benched Johnson for the season a week or 2 ago.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast