Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    52
    Posts
    2,717
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Why are you always so quick to bet against the Rams? Are you a closet Whiner fan? :P
    Hey - just because he wears a skirt, dances around in a belly dancing outfit, and lives in California doesn't mean he likes ANYTHING San Francisco....

    Wait. I just read what I wrote. Skirt, belly dancing....Hey, Randy...you live a LONG drive from the bay, right?


  2. #17
    Benedict Arnold's Avatar
    Benedict Arnold is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    bigredman is not a traitor. Just because someone goes against that which he supposedly stands for does not make him a traitor. Monetary gain is always more important than allegiance. It worked for me.

  3. #18
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    I cringed when I read the "guarantee"....

    Guarantees are nearly always a recipe for disaster. Also, I find it amusing that even a fan of a 7-8 team will get cocky when the timing is right. LOL!! But listen, this IS the 2006 Rams we're talking about! We still have a really sh*tty defense, remember? ...and no, I'm not a closet whiner fan. Closet Charger fan maybe, but Whiners? uh, no. This is NO lock. We should win this game, and comfortably, but with our porous defense, anything can happen. How quickly we all forget... The Redskin game wasn't exactly a blowout. Remember, if not for a lucky (some would say "skillfull") punch out of the ball late in the game, we probably lose that game. If we did lose, would some people be so quick to declare this game a "lock"? I don't think so. The Vikings have a pretty good run D, but admittedly, a horrible pass D, which just got worst from the loss of Smoot. But we are in their house, and nobody likes to lose in their own stadium. Remember, the Skins offense isn't all-world, but they moved the ball pretty well against us. No reason to think the Vikings can't do the same. Also, the Vikes have nothing to play for, and we may be playing for a playoff spot. That doesn't always work in the favor of the team that is "trying" to win. The Vikings will have nothing to lose, so they'll play loose and free. We've had "must wins" this season against the Hawks and Cardinals, at home, and didn't get it done. So, let's not celebrate just yet. We ain't that good.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  4. #19
    RamFan_Til_I_Die's Avatar
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,163
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I cringed when I read the "guarantee"....

    Guarantees are nearly always a recipe for disaster. Also, I find it amusing that even a fan of a 7-8 team will get cocky when the timing is right. LOL!! But listen, this IS the 2006 Rams we're talking about! We still have a really sh*tty defense, remember? ...and no, I'm not a closet whiner fan. Closet Charger fan maybe, but Whiners? uh, no. This is NO lock. We should win this game, and comfortably, but with our porous defense, anything can happen. How quickly we all forget... The Redskin game wasn't exactly a blowout. Remember, if not for a lucky (some would say "skillfull") punch out of the ball late in the game, we probably lose that game. If we did lose, would some people be so quick to declare this game a "lock"? I don't think so. The Vikings have a pretty good run D, but admittedly, a horrible pass D, which just got worst from the loss of Smoot. But we are in their house, and nobody likes to lose in their own stadium. Remember, the Skins offense isn't all-world, but they moved the ball pretty well against us. No reason to think the Vikings can't do the same. Also, the Vikes have nothing to play for, and we may be playing for a playoff spot. That doesn't always work in the favor of the team that is "trying" to win. The Vikings will have nothing to lose, so they'll play loose and free. We've had "must wins" this season against the Hawks and Cardinals, at home, and didn't get it done. So, let's not celebrate just yet. We ain't that good.
    See that was what this thread was supposed to start: discussion on the game. Not, OMG you said the G word...we're all gonna die....aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

  5. #20
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    I sure hope the Rams don't look at this game as a lock. There's only one kind of game the Vikings may have on their minds come Sunday, if the Giants lose Saturday night and put the Rams in position for a playoff spot. Its called;


    SPOILER

    Don't think they wouldn't want to keep us home for the playoffs? Ask the UCLA BRUINS how they felt about beating the Trojans in a meaningless game to them....
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  6. #21
    RamFan_Til_I_Die's Avatar
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,163
    Rep Power
    69

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    I don't recall saying the Rams can waltz in there and get an easy win. The Rams will be playing their asses off, and with our potent offense and the injuries to an already depleted Vikings secondary, the cards are definitely stacked in our favor. Bulger will have a huge day racking up mass yardage against whoever it is they put back there.

    The Vikings can try to play spoiler all they want, it isn't gonna happen.

  7. #22
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I don't recall saying the Rams can waltz in there and get an easy win. The Rams will be playing their asses off, and with our potent offense and the injuries to an already depleted Vikings secondary, the cards are definitely stacked in our favor. Bulger will have a huge day racking up mass yardage against whoever it is they put back there.

    The Vikings can try to play spoiler all they want, it isn't gonna happen.
    ...I certainly hope you're right. Everything points to a Ram win, but the way things have gone at times this year with our guys, you just never know. I honestly believe the game will be meaningless by the time the Rams take the field Sunday. ...just a feeling.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  8. #23
    ramsanddodgers's Avatar
    ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,276
    Rep Power
    51

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    I never guarantee anything, but I did lay all my mock bucks on the line this week!

    I'd like to see the SeaSquabs lose and us win for another tie for 1st even though the Squabs win by virtue of head to head....

    RnD

    GO RAMS!!

  9. #24
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,312
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I don't recall saying the Rams can waltz in there and get an easy win. The Rams will be playing their asses off, and with our potent offense and the injuries to an already depleted Vikings secondary, the cards are definitely stacked in our favor. Bulger will have a huge day racking up mass yardage against whoever it is they put back there.

    The Vikings can try to play spoiler all they want, it isn't gonna happen.
    I am always the optimist when comes to our RAMS. I am also a realist, wise enough to know when we really don't have much of a chance to win. This game ahead of us not only am I optimistic, I'm convinced that this is a SURE win. That strong feeling/confidence hasn't happened once this season. Well I have it. Our RAMS will win this game EASILY.

    Playoffs?

  10. #25
    ChickenRam_Til_I_Die Guest

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die
    See that was what this thread was supposed to start: discussion on the game. Not, OMG you said the G word...we're all gonna die....aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die
    I don't recall saying the Rams can waltz in there and get an easy win.
    My goodness, I haven't seen backpedaling like this since my Uncle Daffy entered the backstroke in the Olympics!

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Bulger will have a huge day racking up mass yardage against whoever it is they put back there.
    The Vikings can try to play spoiler all they want, it isn't gonna happen.

    That's what I thought you said. As Uncle Daffy says; "If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, its RamFan_Til_I_Die flip flopping on RamClan again!

    By the way, I admire that bigredman fellow. Very secure in his masculinity, and I'll be danged if he isn't always right!

  11. #26
    bigredman Guest

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Arnold View Post
    bigredman is not a traitor. Just because someone goes against that which he supposedly stands for does not make him a traitor. Monetary gain is always more important than allegiance. It worked for me.
    Who said anything about money? You know what I want!


    Like that powdered wig...where can I get one?

  12. #27
    norcalramfan Guest

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    Nothing is guaranteed! havent you been watching the previous fifteen games. I said it earlier this season , just keep me entertained thru december and so far they have met my expectations. GO RAMS!!

  13. #28
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,584
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    Hmm, not sure if I missed something in this thread with regards to the Saturday night game between Redskins and Giants ... but don't we have to FIRST 'GUARANTEE' THAT ONE!?!
    Last edited by RealRam; -12-28-2006 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Format

  14. #29
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,584
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    Giants defeat Redskins in their last regular season game. GRRRRRR! We pack our bags.

    Oh, why couldn't we have FIRST GUARANTEED THIS ONE?!? :\


    Just kidding. Let's learn and prepare for next year.

    Starting tomorrow Vs. Vikings. GO RAMS!

  15. #30
    BigDaddyPace Guest

    Re: The game vs the Vikings is guaranteed win

    As long as Jimmy Kennedy keeps on getting knocked off the ball 5 yards on the snap and our tackling sucks then this game is about as far away from being a lock as Travis Fisher is to being a good CB. The Rams have allways got good production out there offense this season and it has never guerenteed us a win. The recipee for beating the Rams is very simple and has proven to be effective. RUN THE BALL DOWN OUR THROAT AND KEEP HOLT,BRUCE,CURTIS,BULGER,AND JACKSON ON THE SIDELINES. Not brainsurgery. Given our horrid run defense, everygame can be a potential struggle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •