throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BEER is offline Registered User

This game will define Spags.

I hate to say it but I have too. If were not close or near close to winning this game agisnt the Chargers,,, I have to look at Spags as not the person to take the Rams in the right direction. That could be Devany as well. It just seems to me that Spags, in interviews, he just doesnt know much. He always tells the media to refresh him, that his not sure. It bothers me. I really, really, hope im wrong and he puts his stamp on this organization.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: This game will define Spags.

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    I hate to say it but I have too. If were not close or near close to winning this game agisnt the Chargers,,, I have to look at Spags as not the person to take the Rams in the right direction. That could be Devany as well. It just seems to me that Spags, in interviews, he just doesnt know much. He always tells the media to refresh him, that his not sure. It bothers me. I really, really, hope im wrong and he puts his stamp on this organization.
    What? One game is going to be Spags fate? We already won two games and one was against a very good Redskin team wasnt it? The Lions game was a disaster but this team has improved. Have you not seen how hard this team has played in four out of the five games this year? They laid an egg in Detroit but they had a chance to win all four of the previous games. I have to dis-agree with you on this and say Spags and Devaney are both putting this team in the right direction.
    Just Fix It

berg8309 is offline Registered User

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

One game? he's coached 21 games, but this one game, the 6th game of the season, is the defining moment of his career? Yes, the Lions game was bad, but basically you are just saying "well those two wins where they played really,really well don't count" give me a break.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

People wanted to see Spags and this team improve, well they have already won twice as many games as last year haven't they?!

And the part about him not knowing much... well the man is too busy actually doing game planning and scouring game film to look up little nonessential facts like how many pairs of sock Shaun Hill wears to bed at night the media likes to dig up.

Steve Spagnuolo knows more about football than you or me or Nick or AV or Mel Kiper Jr or Bernie Miklaz or Jim Thomas. Sure he may not know how many yards after catch Calvin Johnson has had in every third week of every other year or how many points he is projected to get in a PPR FFL, but you can bet your bottom he knows how to coach up defensive backs how to at least stay competitive with an elite talent like that, and how to gameplan to limit his damage.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You don't "hate to say it" at all. If you did, then you WOULDN'T constantly post negativity.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I couldn't disagree more.

This coming game is an opportunity, an opportunity for this team to define itself. Coach and coaching is only one of the four big aspects of winning. The "team" includes all four, offense, defense and special teams which is about execution, and coaching (game plan, adjustments, preparation and intensity/energy).

It's about the team.

I hope they acquit themselves and play tight and tough, and don't looking inept and unprepared.
    Semper Fi!

Birdbrain Guest

It'll be a good test.A win will mean they're on the right track.

Truth is offline Registered User

With the record of this team over the past 5 years, the level of talent we currently have, the absolute train wreck the FO has been for over a decade, I just don't see how this one game will define/evaluate Spags. The wheels didn't come off the buggy in one or two seasons, and we all know that it takes considerably longer to fix the problem than to create it. Get off Spags' back.
    Last edited by Truth; -10-15-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

You can't blame the coach. He's a good coach. He's doing the best with the pieces he has.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
    It'll be a good test.A win will mean they're on the right track.
    Agreed, but a loss does not mean they are on the wrong track.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

This game will NOT define Spags. Some of us need to recalibrate our expectations. The reality:

1. Although improved, we are still not a very good football team.
    2. We have very little depth at multiple positions.
    3. The lack of receivers due to injury and other factors will limit the effectiveness of both Bradford and our offense as a whole in a number of games.
    4. Forget winning the NFC West. This shouldn't even be a topic of conversation. It starts with improvement, then winning occasionally, then winning consistently then being a playoff contender. We're not there yet.
    5. Although we can hope, expect potential ugly games vs. Atlanta, New Orleans and yes, San Diego. Maybe we'll surprise in one or two of them, but I'm not betting my house on it.

We can be positive while still being realistic.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -10-15-2010 at 01:27 PM. Reason: spelling

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    No Worries, you are wrong

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

While I agree that we must temper expectations with a realistic awareness of how much better SD are than The Rams at this point- the result of years of good drafting & honing a roster to suit a system that's been in place for a while- I do think another beat down that has coaching contributions like the onside kick, unimaginative RZ playcalling, keeping SJ in till the pointless end,etc, would be worrisome to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You don't "hate to say it" at all. If you did, then you WOULDN'T constantly post negativity.
    How many negative post were there in 1999-2002? From anyone. Its not negative to tell the truth. I want to see how Spags handles this team after a game like the Lion game. Thats all. My socalled negative post have been WHAT? Get rid of Bulger, Get rid of Martz, Get rid of GM, we cant draft. MMMMMMmmmm what one was I negativly wrong about?

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    No Worries, you are wrong
    At least you get it. I hope I am wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast