Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: This game will define Spags.

Last week the ultimatum came down that if the Rams didn't go 2-2 over the next 4 games it was the end.

Now they must win (or be close to winning) or the coach and GM must be fired.

Why not just demand they make the playoffs or it proves the rebuilding is a failure and the team needs to implode again? You know you don't want to say it but you'd love to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    How many negative post were there in 1999-2002? From anyone. Its not negative to tell the truth.
    Ah the old "I'm not a jerk because you can't handle the truth" argument. Go take a college philosophy class and learn what the truth actually means.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

This game won't define anything for Spags or Devaney. They are not building to win this year, hence no wasting of money on talented but troublesome FAs. They are rebuilding from the ground up to develop a tradition of year after year of solid playoff caliber football, that is not dependant on superstars. As much as I hate the Patriots, they have done it right, and it appears we are going that route as well. While the growing pains are rough and sometimes, like last week, downright painful to watch, if people can't see the difference they are blind.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    With the record of this team over the past 5 years, the level of talent we currently have, the absolute train wreck the FO has been for over a decade, I just don't see how this one game will define/evaluate Spags. The wheels didn't come off the buggy in one or two seasons, and we all know that it takes considerably longer to fix the problem than to create it. Get off Spags' back.
    This game is fairly critical for Team Devaney. Outside of the Washington game this season, Spagnuolo and this team have not been able to respond adequately or effectively to adversity. If they continue to be unable to make adjustments, then yes, they should be replaced by somebody who can.

And we should quit pointing to Shawmunt. This team, this roster, is far more the making of Team Devaney than their predecessors. It is on them to field a competitive product. Also 2 minor notes: the NFL does not brook 5 year rebuilding plans, and our 40,000 in attendance "sellouts" with thousands of giveaways are money losers in the short and long run. If this team gets absolutely punked on Sunday, the hot seat needs to be trotted out.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Birdbrain View Post
    It'll be a good test.A win will mean they're on the right track.
    I agree with the Bird, this is a good test to see how he comes back from a schlackling like Detroit gave us.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

BEER is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    With the record of this team over the past 5 years, the level of talent we currently have, the absolute train wreck the FO has been for over a decade, I just don't see how this one game will define/evaluate Spags. The wheels didn't come off the buggy in one or two seasons, and we all know that it takes considerably longer to fix the problem than to create it. Get off Spags' back.
    Sorry pall, It starts with the headcoach. You guys dont get it, I want Spags to step it up! To me it looks like the OC coach runs this team.
    Last edited by BEER; -10-15-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    This game won't define anything for Spags or Devaney. They are not building to win this year, hence no wasting of money on talented but troublesome FAs. They are rebuilding from the ground up to develop a tradition of year after year of solid playoff caliber football, that is not dependant on superstars. As much as I hate the Patriots, they have done it right, and it appears we are going that route as well. While the growing pains are rough and sometimes, like last week, downright painful to watch, if people can't see the difference they are blind.
    They took a first round, second pick overall, paid that money and made him a right tackle.? Avery, Chris Long? <<<<< I like both but................they are worth 3rd round picks.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Ah the old "I'm not a jerk because you can't handle the truth" argument. Go take a college philosophy class and learn what the truth actually means.
    Truth is common sense! Your born with it. But some people have to take classes for it. LOl. Were talking football son. Not philosophy.

If the Rams lose 0-72 this week and then go on to win the rest of the game this season, make the playoffs and win the Superbowl, should Spags be fired because he lost this week when it all was riding on the line?

Truth is common sense! Your born with it. But some people have to take classes for it. LOl. Were talking football son. Not philosophy.
    Truth is how YOU see it. It is truth that you don't know the first thing about football. I'm sorry if you don't want to hear the truth. I'm strong enough to tell people the truth even if they aren't strong enough to hear it.

See how that works?

Last week the ultimatum came down that if the Rams didn't go 2-2 over the next 4 games it was the end.

Now they must win (or be close to winning) or the coach and GM must be fired.

Why not just demand they make the playoffs or it proves the rebuilding is a failure and the team needs to implode again? You know you don't want to say it but you'd love to say it.
    Dude Im a Rams fan. What do you want me to do, sing cum bi ya?

some people just can't help themselves. It must just be your nature.

Truth is how YOU see it. It is truth that you don't know the first thing about football. I'm sorry if you don't want to hear the truth. I'm strong enough to tell people the truth even if they aren't strong enough to hear it.

See how that works?
    We dont see eye to eye. So what.... We both like the Rams. We can agree on that. I hope.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

You think Chris Long should have been a third round pick?

Alright folks, move along, nothing to see here.

Truth is offline Registered User

Sorry pall, It starts with the headcoach. You guys dont get it, I want Spags to step it up! To me it looks like the OC coach runs this team.
    Ah yes, It's all the HC's fault. I forgot. You probably were one of the people that wanted Vermeil to be replaced after the '98 season. Wait, were you even a fan of the Rams then?? More knee-jerk reaction.

Did the coaching staff make some mistakes against Detroit? Absolutely. However, you're conveniently forgetting the games before. This team is young, and there are going to be growing pains. I want to see how they respond to the whoopin' they took last week. I'll wait until seasons end to evaluate the staff.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast