Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: This game will define Spags.

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    How many negative post were there in 1999-2002? From anyone. Its not negative to tell the truth. I want to see how Spags handles this team after a game like the Lion game. Thats all. My socalled negative post have been WHAT? Get rid of Bulger, Get rid of Martz, Get rid of GM, we cant draft. MMMMMMmmmm what one was I negativly wrong about?
    Your negativity is a shotgun blast. The fact that a few pellets might hit something worth hitting doesn't change the fact that you are constantly aiming at the whole team.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and pure negativity. Shame you don't know the difference.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Truth is common sense!
    Truth- Conformity with fact or reality.
    So let me point out some truths

Spags will not get fired after this game.

This team has improved this year and is much more competitive.

This game is no more important then any other game we play this year.

Your posts are by a wide margin, about what is "wrong" with the team. They are really annoying.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Sorry pall, It starts with the headcoach. You guys dont get it, I want Spags to step it up! To me it looks like the OC coach runs this team.
    How would you have ever gotten even the slightest impression that Shurmur has any effect or bearing what-so-ever on defensive preparation and playcalling? That is just a ridiculous statement with no "truth" behind it, it is a a blind accusation to make a point, but fails for lack of any credibility.

And as far as Shurmur calling plays on offense...well, that was the job he was hired to do. That common sense thing you talk about, well, I think it would say that he should be the one doing it if it is his job.
    Last edited by berg8309; -10-16-2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: wrong word

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

What am I looking for? Glad you asked.

After finally getting that taste of losing out their mouths they go to Detriot and get embarassed. Sunday's game versus San Diego is all about effort in my opinion. Do our RAMS overcome that huge slap back into reality and put their noses back to the grindstone? Or does the slide down the hill continue?
    In my opinion win or lose is important but just as important is how they win or lose.

GO RAMS!!!!

live4ramin is offline Registered User

In defense of beer, you guys are right, the man IS trying. You can see it in his eyes, unlike Linehan, or George W. Bush, or Bud Wilkinson, Spags' light looks on.

It looked like the team turned off the lights in the Lions game, and we haven't seen that lately. It was the paralysis of fear. Pure D old p.a.n.i.c., and that's coaching, not talent.

If our team is that thin, then we're uncoachable.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -10-16-2010 at 07:40 PM.
    The break, don't bend offense.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

It is rare that one game defines anyone. Exception is Mike Jones with "The Tackle" - that one game defined the career of Mike Jones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsfan1957 is offline Registered User

I totally agree!

macrammer is offline Registered User

For me personally, the jury is still out in regards to spags ability to be a successful HC in the NFL. Having said that, I believe this game really will not determine his success or non-success as a HC. I am happy to see the improvements weeks 1-4. I never had any expectations that we would be a playoff team this year. Simple expectations are to improve over last year while being consistently competitive on the field. So far so good. A better assessment can come at end of year and take into account all that the man had to deal with upon signing with Rams to be the HC. We will get waxed at times this year but overall I would say success will be if we can recover and be more consistently competive while building for tomorrow.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'll be concerned if we go 2-14 and each game is a blow out. The truth of the matter is we aren't a very good football team. Spags is working with what he's got. We lost our only consistent offensive player [Clayton] other than Steven Jackson for the year. We are also starting a rookie QB and even though I think he's going to be great down the road, he is still a rookie who will be making plenty of mistakes. How can that be Spags' fault? Another solid draft and a few key FA acquisitions will make a huge difference for this team whether Spags is here or not. Personally, I think we need to give the guy a chance simply because the players love him. Have we seen any outbursts (and I'm speaking about last year too) so far with Spags at the helm? No. The players want to play for him. That in itself has to give us some patience as fans. It sure as hell wasn't like that with Linehan (e.g. Torry Holt outburst on Linehan).

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

You have the right name...Beer, because you obviously drink too much. Clueless, absolutely clueless
    Barry Waller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123