throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: This game was won in April

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

Re: This game was won in April

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    No one is smitten here. We're no different than you. We see talent.

Keep in mind every corner gets beat, especially rookies. Sure he gambles but he is learning while he gambles and at the same time he is making plays.

I disagree on the second pick. It was a great play. One that a lot of corners don't end up making. One thing you overlook is this kid can catch. And he can catch on the run. He had great hands.

If you are not trying to spoil the party....then don't. No one is crowning him anything. We know he is a rookie. We know he is still learning. We know he gambles. But he's a playmaker. No freaking doubt on that. I also disagree about the tackling. He has made some good text book tackles. You seemingly only see the bad or the mistakes. This kid has more upside than any rookie corner we have had in years. Maybe ever.
    Actually, I've watched just about every snap of every game and I've seen his "good" plays and the bad. He is not a good tackler, not by any stretch. I agree he has skills, and I said that. But his gambling will pay off at times, and he'll cost us points on the other side. He just needs to gain experience and know when to gamble and when to back off. But you have to agree that he focuses in on the QB too much and gets burned badly at times. Yes, he's a rookie and should learn, and if he does, which I believe he will, he'll be a good one. ...and yes, he has good hands. Read my whole post and see if I don't disagree that the kid is talented, I just think it's a little early to hand him the "next greatest" back trophy.

Go ahead now, have your party.

Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Actually, I've watched just about every snap of every game
    Yeah, well big deal, so have I. But you know what, it does not make either one of us a definitive authority on anything.

He is not a good tackler, not by any stretch.
    For arguments sake I'll give you that. But I never said he was. I said I've seen him make some text book tackles. Certainly he's not LB or S caliber in the tackling dept but then he's a CB not a LB or S.

But you have to agree that he focuses in on the QB too much and gets burned badly at times.
    Yeah he's been burned. Does he focus on the QB too much? I don't know. How much is too much? I have read that he studies alot of film. If he sees tendencies on film that translate to what he sees on the field then I would say no. I think he has a lot of smarts and excellent instincts to go with that talent. Taking all that into account I really think it's too early to say it's too much. It would be nice to hear what the coaches have to say on the matter. I'm sure they have some good thoughts. Maybe they've been holding him back? Maybe he was free lancing? Maybe they are turning him loose? Maybe they give him more help so he can take advantage of what he is seeing? Interesting stuff in my mind and I don't think ("too much focus on the QB") blanket statements are in order.

I just think it's a little early to hand him the "next greatest" back trophy.
    And once again I agree but at the same time I don't read of anyone here that is doing that.

Go ahead now, have your party.
    Nah, screw it. You ruined it.

Lately it seems no matter what I post, be it criticism or props, somebody has to pick it apart. I truly felt the kid won the game for us and I wanted to give him some props is all.

Rambos likes this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

He's obviously a gambler, (hence his 4 kids by 3 women). But that's neither here nor there.

At this point, I liken him to Dre Bly. Though Dre' did make a Pro-bowl after he left St. Louis, I see multiple Pro-bowls in Jenkins' future, provided he keeps his head on straight, for the most part.

His tackling will improve, though the greatest cover corner of all time (Primetime) was never known to be a good tackler either.

So I guess my point is, all he has to be is, good enough.

Absolutely no qualms about his selection, and in fact, am elated to have him here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12