theodus69 is offline Registered User

The Garcia Factor

If memory serves me well and it probaly doesn't, But didn't Garcia usually have a field day on our past defenses? i'm thinking he did. So it's possible and I never thought this for a minute ,but we could be 0-3.......................that would really suck!
    I'm not liking my thought process right now!!!!!!!

I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

suhpr3me is offline Registered User

Re: The Garcia Factor

Wrong.

Garcia 1-9 all-time vs. Rams Updated 9/19/07
    News: Jeff Garcia has not had much success versus the Rams over his career, winning one of nine games against them. In those contests, he has passed for 1,574 yards, nine TDs and 11 INTs. He has not beaten St. Louis since a 37-13 win for San Francisco on Oct. 6, 2002. That said, the Rams rank fourth in pass defense with 149.0 yards allowed on average this season but have yielded three passing touchdowns this year. Garcia and the Bucs host the Rams in Week 3 action.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Holy Grail monte, I was way off. Must have grouped him with Montana & young by mistake.............No , My mistake. thanks for the info!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

blood85 is offline Registered User

We'll come after Garcia, he better be ready.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

With Garcia you can't take his performance against the Rams with Frisco too seriously. Its a team sport and the Whinners where not that good as a TEAM. Now its a new team which fortunately isn't that good, but better then the whinner of resent pass. Not good to underestimate Garcia or Tampa. With coming up short in the last game, the Rams can't afford to over look anybody

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    If memory serves me well and it probaly doesn't, But didn't Garcia usually have a field day on our past defenses? i'm thinking he did. So it's possible and I never thought this for a minute ,but we could be 0-3.......................that would really suck!
    I'm not liking my thought process right now!!!!!!!
    What you probably remember about Garcia when he was in San Fran, was watching him dart out of the pocket when a play broke down, and just when you thought we had him he would escape and complete a pass to keep a drive going. I too, was unaware of the win / loss ratio, and am surprised we did that well against him. Jeff is a heady and tough QB, he doesn't have a cannon, but his mobility certainly makes up for a lot. One thing in our favor is Jeff isn't getting any younger and probably has lost a step or two. We have good speed at both DE positions, and youth and power in the middle. Hopefully JH will find a way to get cliff Ryan on the field more to take advantage of his considerable skills for a rookie. We also have great speed in Bartell and Wade either of which can provide pressure in blitz packages. This should be a fun game to watch -- outrageously fun if we win. If Goldberg can hold up at RT, and Barron has gotten more confident after the switch to LT, we ought to be better at protecting Marc. To me the biggest question going into Tampa is: Can we run-block well enough to be two dimensional? If we can just keep them honest with the run, Bulger should be ok. Special teams could really provide a boost as well, as homefield advantage has more to do with disrupting an opposing team's offense, than anything else. Ok -- I've blabbed enough ...
    GO RAMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

In fairness to Garcia most of his games against us came when we were the best team in the NFL.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

True, and between Garcia being with a new team and us starting an entirely new secondary since the last time he played us, the old stats wouldn't tell us. I wouldn't be surprised if there are only one or two defensive starters left from the last time he went against us.