GreatCowGuru is offline Registered User

The GCG speaks of the preseason!

My children:

It has been a long time since I grazed into these pastures, yet today I feel moo-ved to come to you. I have read what you have written about the Rams/Titans game. Many of you have said things that have me wishing that the Lord of the Rams would reappear.

Let me get to the meat of the issue. You are upset that the Titans put the Rams through the meat grinder. As LOTR would say, I question your status as fans.

I remember as a young calf how my beloved Rams performed one preseason. The very first game, the Rams were corralled by the lowly faders. Yes, those black hole dwellers beat the Rams. ON NATIONAL TELEVISION.
    The very next pre-season game, we marched onto soldier field, and were mauled by the Bears. Of course, by this time, every true Rams fan was certain that we would be the very first team in history to go 0-16.

What made it even worse is that we had lost one star the team hoped to have, and when he went down, so did the promise of the entire season.

What sorrowful days to be a Rams fan. It was like waiting in line at the slaughterhouse. All true Rams fans had given up all hope, and only the foolish waited for the grilling the Rams would face during the regular season.

Doomsayers were more common than cow patties in the field, and just as aromatic. The only ones who dared trample on them were the foolish.

Call me one of the foolish. Back in 1999, I was enamored by the power of cheese. Yes, for some reason, bovine interest in football has always gravitated towards the Packers. However, after watching one Rams game, a preseason game in which they were treated like hamburger, I realized that the Rams were truly USDA Prime. The Rams had lost thier first two preseason games, no one had hope for the team, yet there were those you could not tip over. Some of those fans were outstanding in thier field.

Others were ready to stampede right out of the gate. I wished them luck. Others seemed like they were branded to the Rams.

My children, that was 1999. The Rams had sucked for a very long time. No one had high expectations, yet I remember we won some kind of trophy that year.

I believe I am saying that those who are crying over a preseason game need to be quiet and chew the cud of reality.

More cowbell to each of you,

The Great Cow Guru

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: The GCG speaks of the preseason!

This has nothing to do with this one particalur pre-season game. This about the fall and decline of the Rams as a franchaise ever since we caught lighting~in~a~bottle and won Superbowl XXXIV. 30 years ago, Rams Head Coach George Allen was fired after just losing 2 pre-season games. Rams once again has the reputation of being losers (COW CHIPS). That has to change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

There's no comparison to the 1999 Rams and this squad. This was just a practice game, but it does reveal some glaring issues.

As we say in the golf game, the Rams have a LOFT issue.

Lack-Of-Freakin-Talent.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I don't expect the Rams to be world beaters this year, and a preseason game, particularly the first couple, is hardly a measure of a team but it can give one a feel for the direction the team is headed. Subject to change, of course.

I'll wait until I see a replay of the game, but even if it is as bad as the doomsayers make it out to be I'll wait until the REAL season is underway before I start to despair over our team.

For now, I'll just act like I lost an electron.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Truth is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatCowGuru View Post
    More cowbell to each of you,

The Great Cow Guru

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Ah, here we go again. I forgot, you must look at the Rams' World through Rose-Colored glasses, refrain from stating the obvious of what's wrong, do not criticize any player or coach- especially Haslett, and only speak if you have something positive to say or you are not a real fan. Damn, I missed football. Let the summer end and Football begin!!!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I think she wants milked.

Well, I tell you what, I'm not milking her.

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's milking a philosophical cow.

GreatCowGuru is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I think she wants milked.

Well, I tell you what, I'm not milking her.

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's milking a philosophical cow.

Ferter, that is udderly ridiculous.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Ah, here we go again. I forgot, you must look at the Rams' World through Rose-Colored glasses, refrain from stating the obvious of what's wrong, do not criticize any player or coach- especially Haslett, and only speak if you have something positive to say or you are not a real fan. Damn, I missed football. Let the summer end and Football begin!!!
    So the hopeful Rams fans are looking through rose colored glasses. Then what color are you and Ferter looking through Black? I dont think anyone has told you you cant criticize players or coaches. I think people are telling you it's a little recockulous to call the season a tragedy after 1 pre-season game.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    So the hopeful Rams fans are looking through rose colored glasses. Then what color are you and Ferter looking through Black? I dont think anyone has told you you cant criticize players or coaches. I think people are telling you it's a little recockulous to call the season a tragedy after 1 pre-season game.

Nah, we were being negative last season too- not that the 3-13 record would have anything to do with that...

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Nah, we were being negative last season too- not that the 3-13 record would have anything to do with that...

I was negative last year too. I was calling for Losehans head but not during pre-season. Makes no sense at all to say that what happens in pre-season dictates what happens in the regular season.
    Just Fix It

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatCowGuru View Post
    Ferter, that is udderly ridiculous.
    Likewise is your portrayal as the momma cow guru.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser
    Then what color are you and Ferter looking through Black? I dont think anyone has told you you cant criticize players or coaches. I think people are telling you it's a little recockulous to call the season a tragedy after 1 pre-season game.
    I'm quite certain you will find that I have made no statements about the season being over or a tragedy after 1 preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I was negative last year too. I was calling for Losehans head but not during pre-season. Makes no sense at all to say that what happens in pre-season dictates what happens in the regular season.

I think the fact that it looked like a complete continuation of last season is a great source of concern.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

I'm afraid I recaptured that electron which I had lost... now I am neutral again instead of being positive....
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

deleted. wrong thread, sorry.