RamWraith is offline Registered User

Georgia Frontiere in the hospital

Frontiere hospitalized in Los Angeles
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    12/11/2007

Rams owner Georgia Frontiere has been hospitalized in the Los Angeles area, and remains hospitalized there for an undisclosed illness.
    Team president John Shaw declined comment Tuesday, referring all queries to Frontiere family spokesman Gene Schwam.

Reached Tuesday afternoon, Schwam read a brief statement from Frontiere’s son and daughter -- Chip Rosenbloom and Lucia Rodriguez.

"Our mother has been in the hospital for some health issues, and has been feeling better," the statement read.

Schwam declined to provide any additional details.

But it is believed that Frontiere has been ill for several months, and could have some long-term health issues. Frontiere, a St. Louis native, celebrated her 80th birthday Nov. 21. She has not been seen at any Rams games this year _ home or away.

In a rare interview nearly two years ago with Post-Dispatch columnist Bernie Miklasz, Frontiere reaffirmed her plans to retain majority ownership of the Rams, saying she has no plans to sell the team. She took over the franchise following her husband Carroll Rosenbloom’s death in 1979.

"Carroll trusted me," Frontiere told the Post-Dispatch in that interview. "He left the team to me because he knew I’d never give up. And he told me to never give up. So I’m going to stick in there."

Under Frontiere’s guidance, the Rams moved to St. Louis in 1995, winning a Super Bowl title following the 1999 season and losing to New England two years later in Super Bowl XXXVI. But the team hasn’t had a winning season since 2003, and this year’s team is saddled with a 3-10 record with three games to play.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Georgia Frontiere in the hospital

'Get well soon, Mrs. G.' :\

Keenum is offline Registered User

Hopefully she'll be OK.
    Get well soon!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

loseritis..........???

itsguud is offline Registered User

Terrible question maybe, but I need to know: Who gets the team if she passes?

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Love her or hate her, this is BIGGER than football. I hope she gets well soon ...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Terrible question maybe, but I need to know: Who gets the team if she passes?
    Her shares go to Chip, I believe. And I'm not an Estate attorney, but the tax on that inheritence will be around $200M approximately. Unless, she squirreled away that kind of cash, or her estate has other marketable property to raise that kind of money, Chip may have to sell off a significant portion of his shares to raise the money to pay the taxes. And, as I understand it, first right of refusal goes to our current minority holder (his name slips my memory at the moment). That purchase would reverse the roles between he (would-be majority holder) and Georgia's estate (would-be minority holder).

To take it one step further, our current minority holder (please, someone help me with his name) has no ties to L.A., and therefore no ties to Shaw or Zygmunt. Would he keep them around, or show them the door?

I wish for Georgia a full recovery, but these are questions that some are thinking about right now.
    Last edited by HUbison; -12-12-2007 at 11:53 AM.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

jquarando is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post

(please, someone help me with his name)
    Isnt it Kroenke?

Stan Kroenke.

Six years ago Stan bought 40% of the St. Louis Rams, who went out and won him a Super Bowl after the '99 season

E Stanley Kroenke
    Net Worth: $1.8 billion
    Source: Retailing, sports, real estate
    Self made

Marital Status: Married, 2 children
    Hometown: Columbia, MO
    Education: University of Missouri, Bachelor of Arts / Science
    University of Missouri, Master of Business Administration

With wife Ann, who inherited big Wal-Mart stake from father, James (Bud) Walton (d. 1995), who cofounded retail chain with brother Sam. Stan made money as a real estate developer, including shopping centers anchored by Wal-Mart stores. Also owns more than 1 million acres of ranch land. Sports fanatic owns stakes in pro football's St. Louis Rams, basketball's Denver Nuggets, hockey's Colorado Avalanche.

E. Stanley Kroenke
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search

Enos Stanley "Stan" Kroenke (born 1947 in Columbia, Missouri) is an American business entrepreneur who is listed in the Forbes 400 as one of the richest people in the world. His wealth is estimated to be about $2.1 billion and based primarily on real estate. His wife, Anne Walton, is a Wal-Mart heir.

Kroenke obtained a Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science and a Masters of Business Administration from the University of Missouri. He founded the Kroenke Group in 1983, a real estate development firm that has constructed numerous shopping centers and apartment buildings. Since his marriage to Walton, he has been in the special position to develop many of the plazas near Wal-Mart stores. He is also the chairman of THF Realty, an independent real estate development company that specializes in suburban development. He founded this corporation in St. Louis in 1991.

Kroenke is a known and powerful sports mogul. As the head and owner of Kroenke Sports Enterprise, he has been co-owner of the National Football League's St. Louis Rams since their relocation to Missouri in 1995. In 2000, he became full owner of both the National Basketball Association's Denver Nuggets and the National Hockey League's Colorado Avalanche, purchasing the team from Charlie Lyons' Ascent Entertainment Group. In 2002, he partnered with football legend John Elway and Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen to become co-owner of the Arena Football League's Colorado Crush. He continued to grow his sports empire in 2004, when he purchased National Lacrosse League's Colorado Mammoth and Major League Soccer's Colorado Rapids from Phil Anschutz.

Kroenke Sports Enterprise also owns Pepsi Center in Denver and co-owns Dick's Sporting Goods Park in Commerce City, Colorado, which was built by his development company. In 2004, Kroenke launched the Altitude Sports and Entertainment cable channel, a direct rival to Fox Sports Net Rocky Mountain, and the current home to all games of Kroenke-owned Denver teams. Kroenke recently formed TicketHorse, a ticket company that provides in-house sales for all of his teams.

Kroenke recently became a substantial investor in English football club Arsenal FC; Arsenal and Colorado Rapids currently have a technical link-up. On April 5, 2007, it was confirmed that Granada Ventures, a subsidiary of ITV plc, had sold their 9.9% stake in Arsenal Holdings plc to Stan Kroenke's KSE UK inc.[1] and on April 12 Arsenal confirmed Kroenke controlled a total of 10.22% of the club. Kroenke then bought a further 1.97% of the club taking his total stake up to 12.19%.[2] However the club board have expressed skepticism that a bid would be in its best interests.

Rambos is online now Registered User

I never knew that Dez thx!

onslaught11 is offline Registered User

He owns the Denver Nuggets and the Colorado Avalanche and the Colorado Crush along with Colorado stuff.

I see in the future (if he become majority shareholder) the Denver Rams or maybe the Colorado Spring Rams or just the Colorado Rams.

May not happen but you never know what his agenda will be.
    Last edited by onslaught11; -12-12-2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Added observation
    We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I doubt that Denver can support two teams like NYC can, so I doubt that we'd move there.

Rambos, I love your pic and sig!

Get well soon Georgia, while I wish you'd clean house in the front office, I wish it was you who were doing it!