Thread: Get a grip!!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Get a grip!!

I know I said I wasn't coming back until the playoffs....but I just can't keep my mouth shut on this.

THIS PEOPLE IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! You all need to get a grip of reality! This is not an overnight fix, and if you all really thought we weren't going to have bumps in the roads then you are only kidding yourself.

Are you Ram fans?? Or are you bitter spoiled brats? This is about moving in the right direction people! The piece of crap team that was put on the field 2 years ago is gone. This team needs time to grow...coaches included.

There are way too many fans that thinks this thing turns around like the '99 season...that is something that doesn't happen every day, that was just pure magic!

We have every right to be disappointed...as it was a tough loss. But step back and take a look at the strides we have made. We are competitive again. We have a chance right now every time we step on that field. How do you think this team feels?? We are already been beaten down by losing so many players to injury. We have been tested with rookies, adversity, loyalty, heart and perseverance. We are already 500 times better than we were last year.

Again...if you are riding this train, sit back and enjoy the long ride, have a couple drinks, give a few hugs and talk sensible football. But, if you are unwilling to accept the fact that this train will be making a few stops, might hit a couple of road blocks and just might not be the smoothest or shortest ride. Then you might need to ask yourself what kind of fan am I? I hear the the Packers are having a pretty good season...I bet there is plenty of room on their train!! SEE YA, AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA!!

Now, I am sneaking out of here til WE make the playoffs this year!
    Last edited by RamWraith; -10-24-2010 at 08:15 PM.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Re: Get a grip!!

Much love Wraith! I feel your pain ...

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

It seems better than the apathy that has been going on in '07-'09. It's nice to get fired up about the season but I've kept my expectations to a minimum but improved perspective since week 1 and I've had thoughts about changing that prior to week 5 (Lions) but refraining away from them this week has got me in a lesser position of butthurt.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    I know I said I wasn't coming back until the playoffs....but I just can't keep my mouth shut on this.

THIS PEOPLE IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! You all need to get a grip of reality! This is not an overnight fix, and if you all really thought we weren't going to have bumps in the roads then you are only kidding yourself.

Are you Ram fans?? Or are you bitter spoiled brats? This is about moving in the right direction people! The piece of crap team that was put on the field 2 years ago is gone. This team needs time to grow...coaches included.

There are way too many fans that thinks this thing turns around like the '99 season...that is something that doesn't happen every day, that was just pure magic!

We have every right to be disappointed...as it was a tough loss. But step back and take a look at the strides we have made. We are competitive again. We have a chance right now every time we step on that field. How do you think this team feels?? We are already been beaten down by losing so many players to injury. We have been tested with rookies, adversity, loyalty, heart and perseverance. We are already 500 times better than we were last year.

Again...if you are riding this train, sit back and enjoy the long ride, have a couple drinks, give a few hugs and talk sensible football. But, if you are unwilling to accept the fact that this train will be making a few stops, might hit a couple of road blocks and just might not be the smoothest or shortest ride. Then you might need to ask yourself what kind of fan am I? I hear the the Packers are having a pretty good season...I bet there is plenty of room on their train!! SEE YA, AND DON'T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA!!

Now, I am sneaking out of here til WE make the playoffs this year!
    While I do agree with you about this team moving in the right direction and this team not being an ovenight fix because I have said that myself. I think you have to question what is going on in the second half. There is a bit of a pattern there. Whether it's Bradford just being off. The coaching staff not adjusting right. This team being young. All of the above maybe I dont know. I dont think I'm being out of line hoping that on the road with a 14 point lead we can finish the game. The Bucs are not a good team and maybe neither are we. We are an improved team there is no denying that. I think collapsing in the second in most of our games this year is not a good pattern. Am I proud of my team for improving? Of course I am but as a long time Rams fan I also would like us to win games where we are up double digits going into the half. We looked the same against San Diego and held on. We did the same thing against Oakland. This team for one reason or another just stinks in the second half. Am I panicing? No, because we are already doing better than I thought we would. It is however disturbing to see a team that easily could be 6-1 be 3-4 mostly due to breakdowns in the second half of games.

Maybe the reasons are all the reasons you mentioned above. However in my opinion progress is also shown by not making the same mistakes in games over and over. As far as coming out in the second half and taking it to teams, well that is one thing we have not improved on in any way what so ever. It seems this team goes into the half with a lead thinking the game was over and comes out in the second half with lackluster efforts. This team needs to learn how to put team away not hold on for wins. Seven games into the season this is one thing this young team has not had a handle on.

I still believe this team is a 5 or six win team but maybe to just show up and run a team off the field in the second half would be nice.

Week one vs Arizona we went in to the half 10 to 10. We scored 3 points the rest of the game to lose 17-13.

Week 2 @ Oakland we went into the half up 7-3. We were outscored 13-7 in the second half to lose by 2.

Week 3 we went in with the lead and actually played well in the second half for the first time this year. We actually put the Skins away.

Week 4 vs Seattle we went in 10-3 and finished 20-3 actually putting the Seahawks away.

Week 5 @ Detroit we actually missed the plane for this game.

week 6 vs San Diego we went in 17-3 and held on thank to S Jax 20-17. Once again not really doing much in the second half.

Week 7 @ Tampa we go in up 17-6 and dont show up in the second half to lose 18-17.

Yes we are young yes we all expect some growing pains but I do expect them to play an entire game the same way they play in the first half. How can this team so many times do the exact same thing in the second half of games? Im not doom and gloom and my expectations are not sky high but is that too much to ask for some consistancy from the first half to the second half of games???

I'm proud of the direction we are headed but as a long time Rams fan I think I'm entitled to give my two cents whether thats all its worth or not.
    Just Fix It

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I agree that we're moving the right direction but the continued second-half failure of the offense to show up cost the Rams this game. Either its a conscious decision to sit on a lead, which I doubt, or its an inability to come out with new wrinkles in the second half which I'm happy to go with.

Unless something is done about this second-half malaise, we won't be moving in the right direction quite as quickly as we hoped.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

We're moving in the right direction in a macro sense, especially regarding the on field talent, but we're also repeating the same mistakes we repeated all of last year, especially among the coaches, which is just A TEENSY BIT FRUSTRATING for a staff that is supposed to be "learning" on the job.

I'm not seeing a whole lot of "learning" out of Spagnuolo and Shurmur (especially Shurmur) and I'm rapidly running out of patience and wanting to see if somebody else can "learn" (or even better, already know.)

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I took the 900 mile trip to Tampa to see this gut wrenching loss ( one in a long list of games I've attended only to be disappointed). Several observations- some obvious and some that simply need repeating:

1) Bradford is gonna be good, but he was not sharp today, misfiring on a number of throws and didn't appear to be on the same page as his receivers.

2) Speaking of receivers, these guys flat out stink. Not one guy outside of Amendola is worth his weight out there. Blast me all you want for being negative- it's the truth as I see it. Robinson? Gibson? Garbage. Gilyard? Slow in picking up the offense and now he's hurt. Unfortunately, this is who we must live with because of the injuries to Avery and Clayton. There's a reason many of these guys were castoffs- they're not long term NFL caliber solutions. No one is capable of stretching the defense and therefore Bradford will only be so effective.

3) Three weeks in a row this team couldn't get anything going offensively in the 2nd half, The Lions game was a butt-kicking from start to finish. In the San Diego game, we got conservative. And today, we just flat out stunk and couldn't get anything going. Three games, three different reasons for ineffectiveness, which is scary. Jackson did his share- everyone else must take a long hard look in the mirror and start playing 4 full quarters of football.

4) We must put away the "this is a long process" card. Yeah, I know this is a work in progress and improvement has been shown. When you beat respectable teams like Washington, Seattle and San Diego, you reserve the right to blast the Rams for not being able to seal the deal vs.Tampa Bay- who stinks, by the way, yet they're 4-2.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Coming into the season, and looking at the schedule, my minimum win requirement was three. I would be very happy with four and above. To have 3 wins after the first 7 games, i will take that.