Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Get him someone who can catch the ball

Angry Get him someone who can catch the ball

Get him someone who can catch the ball .......................... for ferks sake!
    ramsbruce likes this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Get him someone who can catch the ball

Yeah that was rough. He didn't have time to make the throws as it was. Givens had a nice deep reception but gave up early on another. The only time I saw Quick on the field I believe was when Sam heaved it up and Peterson came down with it.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Givens not only gave up on one that would of been at least pass interference, he fell on another play. Danny dropped two passes that were tough catches but that should of been caught and jesus did the line look bad.

With Danny likely out 4-6 weeks let's hope Quick, Givens and Pettis can step up.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Well we have two 1s...and a boat load of Cash....

Im thinking GJ85(Jennings), Mike Wallace, or Keenan Allen in Horns next season...

Sam Bradford endorses this message...
    ManofGod likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Get him someone who can catch the ball .......................... for ferks sake!
    Watch the language Dez, you're breaking your own rules.
    I would like to request lifting the foul language rule within the ClanRam Chatroom if that's cool with you.

Anyways, with Danny out for a few weeks, our young receivers will have their hands full but the silver lining in that is they'll be able to develop chemistry with Bradford more. Rest easy Rams, we're gonna have a heckuva field trip in Miami.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Well we have two 1s...and a boat load of Cash....

Im thinking GJ85(Jennings), Mike Wallace, or Keenan Allen in Horns next season...

Sam Bradford endorses this message...
    I'll happily take Dwayne Bowe too!
    THOLTFAN81 and ManofGod like this.

THE DREAM TEAM

thoey is offline Registered User

Not sure how y'all are saying Danny will be out 4 weeks. Hearing broken collar bone.
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Not sure how y'all are saying Danny will be out 4 weeks. Hearing broken collar bone.
    Broken collarbone = 4-6 weeks.

THE DREAM TEAM

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Really depends on the severity of it. I'm hoping it's not too bad, which makes 4-6 weeks about right.

MB10HOF is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I'll happily take Dwayne Bowe too!
    You've got to me kidding me on this right? C'mon! Analyze the tape!! We're talking about a guy who gets knee-trembles every time a defense even shows press coverage. Dude cannot take a hit and come away with the ball. Every single one of his touchdowns this season has come as a result:
    1. Based on loose coverage (I might post a link to this, it would be too long). Anytime the safety comes down to help out with this loose coverage- primarily in 2 deep safety looks- Bowe's gonna break out of his route to avoid contact or drop the football. This is patented in what I've seen from him, and it shows every week in the tape. Take a look.
    2. Blown coverage. He's their only target, and teams can tend to overthink their schemes. Most noticably this year in the Buffalo game. They started playing backed off schemes after going up big. On top of that, Wannstedt is freaking notorious for shying away from man to man coverage in matchups with "big time" receivers. If it's me, it's simple. You challenge Bowe with a good sized corner and you tell you're safety to watch the rest of the field because Bowe won't have a grab all game.

Dwayne Bowe is a glorified Brandon Gibson.
    Last edited by MB10HOF; -10-05-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MB10HOF View Post
    You've got to me kidding me on this right? C'mon! Analyze the tape!! We're talking about a guy who gets knee-trembles every time a defense even shows press coverage. Dude cannot take a hit and come away with the ball. Every single one of his touchdowns this season has come as a result:
    1. Based on loose coverage (I might post a link to this, it would be too long). Anytime the safety comes down to help out with this loose coverage- primarily in 2 deep safety looks- Bowe's gonna break out of his route to avoid contact or drop the football. This is patented in what I've seen from him, and it shows every week in the tape. Take a look.
    2. Blown coverage. He's their only target, and teams can tend to overthink their schemes. Most noticably this year in the Buffalo game. They started playing backed off schemes after going up big. On top of that, Wannstedt is freaking notorious for shying away from man to man coverage in matchups with "big time" receivers.

Three 1,000 yard seasons, and a 2010 campaign in which he amassed 72 receptions, 1,162 yards, and 15 TD's, yeah I must be out of my mind!... Sigh.

Dwayne Bowe is a good route runner, (suspect hands), but a playmaker and game breaker. Myself and about 500 other fans on this forum would happily take Dwayne Bowe today, or in 6 months.
    Last edited by sosa39rams; -10-05-2012 at 02:23 AM.

THE DREAM TEAM

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    I don't understand why Steven Jackson isn't getting more looks in the passing game?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I don't understand why Steven Jackson isn't getting more looks in the passing game?
    Because Jackson is too busy staying in to pass protect. With the injuries to the Rams OL, Fisher and Schotty are doing all they can to give Bradford time, hence why the RBs aren't running routes too often

md8
    md8 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MB10HOF View Post
    2. Blown coverage. He's their only target, and teams can tend to overthink their schemes. Most noticably this year in the Buffalo game. They started playing backed off schemes after going up big. On top of that, Wannstedt is freaking notorious for shying away from man to man coverage in matchups with "big time" receivers. If it's me, it's simple. You challenge Bowe with a good sized corner and you tell you're safety to watch the rest of the field because Bowe won't have a grab all game.

I'm surprised you're not a defensive coordinator, since teams obviously haven't figured out how to stop him. In 2010 he lead the league in receiving TDs, and was 7th in receiving yards. On a team with no other receiving threats for defenses to worry about (2nd best WR had 213 yards).

Bowe is most likely top WR to leave his team next year IMO, and who I'm hoping we get. Yes, he does struggle with drops sometimes, but so have other good WRs and not many WRs are perfect. He'd be a huge upgrade for our redzone offense.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

What can Bowe bring to the table that Quick can't? I'd much prefer Greg Jennings or a top-flight rookie to him. Between Kendricks and Quick, we have all we need in the red zone. They might not be producing as of now, but would Bowe really be any different?

Also, let's not forget that Bowe had the benefit of the league's best rushing attack in 2010. That'll make any WR's job much easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast