Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: Get a lead, go into a shell.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Amazing people are blasting Gibson but not Fells, who dropped a potential TOUCHDOWN!
    He also had a San Fran player draped over him, and Bradford didn't do him any favors on the pass.

    Yeah, he should have hauled that in, but I'm not sure he would have taken it in even if he caught that.


  2. #17
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,480
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Get a lead, go into a shell.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Yes, damn that man for trying to make a play when we actually throw the ball downfield ...
    If you don't think Gibson deserves criticism for not advancing upfield on two very makeable first down receptions, then I have no idea what to say. Extending the drive by converting very easy first downs is the very definition of making a play, and Gibson failed twice to do that.

  3. #18
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Get a lead, go into a shell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If you don't think Gibson deserves criticism for not advancing upfield on two very makeable first down receptions, then I have no idea what to say. Extending the drive by converting very easy first downs is the very definition of making a play, and Gibson failed twice to do that.
    Criticism yes, but there are many, many, many worse contributors to this game than Gibson's inability to advance. WR's of all skill level make this same mistake from time to time ...

    If Sam doesn't overthrow Danny by 5 yards when he was streaking wide open, we win this game too ...

    What's the excuse there?

  4. #19
    Major30's Avatar
    Major30 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    california
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Get a lead, go into a shell.

    Agree, Gibson needs turn and put his head down to get the first down on those plays. It is so frustrating to see him hesitate and give up ground thinking he can juke his way into a big play.

  5. #20
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,480
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Get a lead, go into a shell.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Criticism yes, but there are many, many, many worse contributors to this game than Gibson's inability to advance. WR's of all skill level make this same mistake from time to time ...

    If Sam doesn't overthrow Danny by 5 yards when he was streaking wide open, we win this game too ...

    What's the excuse there?
    No excuse. There were plenty of things that contributed to the Rams losing this game, and plenty of blame to go around, including Gibson.

  6. #21
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Get a lead, go into a shell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No excuse. There were plenty of things that contributed to the Rams losing this game, and plenty of blame to go around, including Gibson.
    Agreed, I am calming down. Hopefully have some interesting perspective tommorrow ...

    Losing is hard ....

  7. #22
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,627
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Get a lead, go into a shell.

    We can blame everybody who played today for something, but the bottom line is, Spagnuola's philosophy is what ultimately costs us games.

  8. #23
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: Get a lead, go into a shell.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    We can blame everybody who played today for something, but the bottom line is, Spagnuola's philosophy is what ultimately costs us games.
    Agreed here too, I think it affects the offensive and defensive side of the ball ...

  9. #24
    MACD is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Get a lead, go into a shell.

    Gah points are so hard to come by. Bradford was perfect in the first drive, and we were inside the five with a first down, then "holding" and we were lucky to get 3. One little holding penalty...

  10. #25
    Guam rammer's Avatar
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Guam
    Age
    45
    Posts
    842
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Get a lead, go into a shell.

    It did seem like gutless playcalling after our last TD. But seriously, this game showed we do need a playmaker for Sam.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. A Lead Blocker: What A Rush!
    By r8rh8rmike in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: -08-20-2009, 04:08 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: -12-23-2006, 05:30 PM
  3. PaRamFan48 Chistmas '99
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -03-18-2006, 11:18 PM
  4. Inside Info News Flash On Rams New H.C.
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: -01-21-2006, 09:14 PM
  5. Todd Shell to be named Rattlers coach
    By DJRamFan in forum ARENA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-04-2004, 04:37 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •