Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Get It In Your Heads!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, guys. Honestly, already, enough talk about how we're going to be terrible in the regular season due to the poorly played "dress rehearsal" pre-season game. This is getting ridiculous...Marc Bulger is absolutely correct, "Who cares?". He's right...NO ONE should care, especially us Rams fans out there. Bulger is reassuring as I quote from Bulger... "If we were playing Denver here and we didn't score, then let's talk about it," said Bulger. "But it's the preseason. Who cares? I'm not worried about it and I don't think the rest of the guys are."

Guys, I totally understand why some of us are frusterated with the poor plays of Bulger and the rest of the Rams, but like I've been preaching since the 1st game...I'd rather lose it all here, and do miserable, show everyone we're awful, and come to the regular season shining. Who is going to remember a winning record in pre-season? Well...I guess the Texans fans, but other than them, no one should really care at all. It's enough already! We're going to be fine for Denver, everything is going to workout smoothly.

Bulger is our starting quarterback, it's that simple. We always talk about how good he is, and his numbers don't lie. But, now some of us are turning our backs to him because of not scoring in any pre-season games? Come on now guys! Let's have more faith than that! We got to start working during mid-season if he isn't doing good AT ALL! That is when I'll start worrying. Until then, guys come on, let's stop worrying about Bulger, he's not worried, why should we be?

Ok...Once more...DON'T WORRY!!! I UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU GUYS MEAN, BUT REMEMBER...IT'S WHAT? PRE-SEASON!!!!!!!! :x

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

illini_ram is offline Registered User

Re: Get It In Your Heads!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be fine and dandy if they actually come out and look good in regular season. So far they haven't shown much except not executing well enough to get the job done.

I don't care if they don't win preseason games, I would just like them to look good loosing,,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by illini_ram View Post
    That would be fine and dandy if they actually come out and look good in regular season. So far they haven't shown much except not executing well enough to get the job done.

I don't care if they don't win preseason games, I would just like them to look good loosing,,,,,,
    No one looks good losing! lol

RealRam is offline Registered User
    Keep your shirt on, V6.

I agree about the fact that some of us are "frusterated" because we look bad at times during these pre-season games. Critical, disappointed, worried, what-have-you.

Rest assured, however, over 95% of the Clantroops here are well aware of the difference between Pre-season and Regular season games, what the indicators are in terms of player performance, error tendencies and learning curves from new people, from rookies and from coaches; the gel factor, et cetera x3.

That is, essentially, what the pre-season is all about.

I appreciate your calm and coolness in light of the overall Ram results thus far during these EXHIBITION games. Nevertheless, sometimes ... even after winning one of these PS battles, the coaches, the veterans and some fans, yes sir, they KNOW, they know ... that the team played lousy, that there were too many mistakes, that they could have, and should have, performed better as preparation for the regular season.

Keyword: preparation. Prepare to perform! :r

As true professionals, particularly the veterans, these PRE-SEASON GAMES ARE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. How do you think the rookies look at these games? Rookies and/or seasoned vets, they know that their contributions and plays are being scrutinized from the sidelines, from the coaches upstairs in the booths, and from what the film reveals, that ever playing movie titled 'What Have You Done For Us Lately?' Pre-season, along with Training Camp is, in effect, the gauge that determines whether or not they are going to make the team.

True, as you pointed out from Bulger's comments, usually players and coaches realize that the 'August NFL Tournaments' really don't mean much with respect to actual accomplishments on the field. That is, accomplishments or failures as told by the scoreboard and all the stats numerals. It is, afterall, pre-season.

But don't be fooled. The moral of this exhibition games saga/story is this: fans, don't be fooled -- EITHER WAY!

Here, for example, is what I see as an experienced, knowledgeable view of today's defeat to KC (taken from the 'Rams/Chiefs: Post-game Impressions' thread). Calm, cool and collected yet objective and without losing faith or worse, "turning his back" on the Rams.

I don't care about the score, what I do care about is effort. From what I have read it doesn't seem like this was a total team effort.

Quote:
    You couldn't expect the Rams to really dig deep into their playbook to try and help themselves into some more success on the field. So in that respect, a disappointing showing tonight is perhaps not quite so disappointing.

True, but they need to finish the job. I can't believe that this first team offense has failed to score a TD in three games. Vanilla or not, you need to show something. It just looks like they need more time to get in sync, and time is running out. -- RAMMAN68
    It just looks like they need more time to get in sync, and time is running out. -- RAMMAN68
    V6, see why there really is a sense of urgency? No one in the Rams organization (nor in the Clan, for that matter) is panicky. It's just that we need to start showing some teeth, muscle and doability as means of being prepared, again, not for the sake of the exhibition scoreboard, but for the time when the first kickoff whistle blows to begin the 2006 Rams Regular Season.

Are we R-E-A-D-Y for some football?!?
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-27-2006 at 10:49 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i agree its not so much losing the preseason games its at least lets look good doing it,i also am concerned with the its doesnt matter now, the game s dont count attitude,its very hard to turn it on and turn it off just because the games start to count and just because certain guys arent playing is not an excuse either,we may not have them for the broncos game either.the rams need to remember 'How you practice is how you play the game', so these games do matter and right now its looks like we need improvement on both.

supachump is offline Registered User

Well, I dont really care about the score so much in the preseason. BUT! What I do care about is seeing improvement from preseason game 1 and game 3. We are not seeing that.

As a team and as individuals, we seem to be taking steps backwards. Not forwards. That is the purpose of pre-season in my opinion, to work out the kinks and get better. We aren't doing that.

This, in my opinion is cause for some alarm. Not enough to freak out over, but it is extremely disappointing to see things not improving.

Pre season does matter. The score may not. But the play of the team and as individuals does.

(Not to even mention the confidence that strong play gives a team. These guys are probably not feeling that confident right now. and that is a bad thing for their psyche when the real season starts. We have seen this team struggle with confidence in previous years. I dont want that again!!)

Personally, I'm a little tired of people trumpeting that preseason doesnt matter.
    Last edited by supachump; -08-27-2006 at 12:04 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i am glad theres other fans who see this like i do,it seemd this team has a major lack of urgency to improve with the season about to start.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The message shouldn't by any means be don't worry, but rather don't overreact. To not be worried in even the slightest would be foolish. We watched a line underperform, a running game stall because of it, defensive blitzes fall short, a quarterback still unsettled at times. I don't see anyone realistically saying we're going to be terrible (RW and I completely mocked those in the chat who made such doom-and-gloom predictions after the first half), but there are things that need to be addressed. The preseason doesn't mean much in general, but by the game three mark, it doesn't mean absolutely nothing either.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Nick, you summed it up nicely in your last sentence about how we should not panic, yet it should mean something.

That is the quandry that we find ourselves in. Vanilla or not, we need to be executing the plays that are called. These may not be the flashiest plays, but they obviously are part of the playbook and thus should be executed properly. So far this has not happened. All is not lost though. I did jokingly ask if it was time to panic on the running game yet in chat during the second half. However, I was baiting to see what others might say.

Yes, it is preseason and the W's don't add to our regular season results. However, I am perplexed about Bulger's lackadaisical attitude. As EldFan put it, I would expect more of a competitive spirit out of Bulger. I hope that he is just calming everyone's fears and that things will improve as the first unit receives a majority of the snaps in practice and the real game plan is in place.

Keep the faith Clan!!!
    Last edited by SFCRamFan; -08-27-2006 at 01:32 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

rammiser is offline Registered User

It's amazing that no one thinks the offensive strugles and Bulger's struggles last night were because of Holt and Bruce being sidelined. Bulger even said it himself that it didnt help having those two out of the game. If some of you want to blame someone dont blame Bulger blame incognito for getting a penalty call on a td pass to Curtis. I'm sorry v6 is right it's just preseason. There is no trophy and no reward for playing great in pre-season. Not to mention the starters havnt really been that bad. I think they have played well and are ironing out a new system. I'm not going to judge them untill we play Denver, after that I'll know what to expect.
    Just Fix It

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    It's amazing that no one thinks the offensive strugles and Bulger's struggles last night were because of Holt and Bruce being sidelined.
    Did that contribute to the problem? Of course. Were the offensive struggles solely because Holt and Bruce were sidelined? Absolutely not. Holt and Bruce don't man a position on the offensive line.

It's something to consider, just like everything else. You can sit here and say not to worry because it's the preseason, but I think we can both agree that our coaches need to take a different approach.

vicsportsaddict is offline Registered User
    I think that hope is the last to die and it was really only pre season so who knows but maybe future will show his better side and next game will be our game.I really beleive in it

As true professionals, particularly the veterans, these PRE-SEASON GAMES ARE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. How do you think the rookies look at these games? Rookies and/or seasoned vets, they know that their contributions and plays are being scrutinized from the sidelines, from the coaches upstairs in the booths, and from what the film reveals, that ever playing movie titled 'What Have You Done For Us Lately?' Pre-season, along with Training Camp is, in effect, the gauge that determines whether or not they are going to make the team.
    Last edited by Nick; -08-27-2006 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    V6, see why there really is a sense of urgency? No one in the Rams organization (nor in the Clan, for that matter) is panicky. It's just that we need to start showing some teeth, muscle and doability as means of being prepared, again, not for the sake of the exhibition scoreboard, but for the time when the first kickoff wistle blows of the 2006 Rams Regular Season.

Are we R-E-A-D-Y for some football?!?
    True, but on the other hand. That whole KC defense could've had the same mentality as Bulger...Who cares? And then we could've scored, looked great and all that. But meanwhile, it didn't mean anything to KC anyways, and then we go to Denver, and look like crap. This whole thing can be totally reversed, I mean we were what 3-1 in pre-season last year? Look at how great we did during the regular season. I'm just saying, I think if we lose all four or win all four, it doesn't really prove anything until the real games actually start. I'd love to hear that Bulger looks great every game, but I'd rather save up the sweet stuff for the regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I mean we were what 3-1 in pre-season last year? Look at how great we did during the regular season. I'm just saying, I think if we lose all four or win all four, it doesn't really prove anything until the real games actually start.
    Many of the responses in this thread have said we don't care about wins and losses, yet you keep bringing up preseason record as if that's what we're concerned about. Why?

Look at these responses:

I don't care if they don't win preseason games, I would just like them to look good loosing
    It's just that we need to start showing some teeth, muscle and doability as means of being prepared, again, not for the sake of the exhibition scoreboard
    i agree its not so much losing the preseason games its at least lets look good doing it
    Well, I dont really care about the score so much in the preseason. BUT! What I do care about is seeing improvement from preseason game 1 and game 3. We are not seeing that.
    Yes, it is preseason and the W's don't add to our regular season results.
    No one cares about the record in preseason! We care about how the team looks while playing.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

The team dont look perfect no doubt, but cmon dont you think some people are going overboard? Its like a freaking memorial for the 2006 season around here before it even begins.Nick addressed the issues in the after thoughts post and hit it all right on the head. There is plenty to work on. This is a brand new coaching staff and there is alot to do. I am very confident that it can be done in the next couple weeks. By the time Denver roles into town the boys will be as ready as they are gonna be. If the execution is horrendous and the team does not look good then I will post about how concerned I am. Seriously, people already have been talking about how this is not a playoff team??????What a joke.
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -08-27-2006 at 05:37 PM.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast