View Poll Results: How do you feel about the Rams right now?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its getting better.

70 88.61%
  • I feel the same.

9 11.39%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Is it getting better, or do you feel the same?

Rep to the first person who gets the reference in the thread title.

Do you look at the changes to the staff and think... "things have really changed and the Rams are on the upswing."

Or do you think... "I'll believe it when I see it on the field. We've heard about change before and it didn't mean anything when the season started."

Oh, and as for the thread title, I might ask the Shawphobics... "will it make it easier on you now, you got someone to blame."

radjohns is offline Registered User

Re: Is it getting better, or do you feel the same?

You say the Rams are a temple,
    Rams the highest law,
    You ask me to enter,
    Then you still give me Shaw.

One by U2

Where's my rep big boy?

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

You get a rep IOU untilI spread some around.

viper is offline Registered User

I am really quite optimistic with all of the front office and coaching changes. We needed an overhaul in both areas and we got it. It sounds like the culture around Rams Park is completely different. Now they need to cut the underacheivers and older players and bring in the new talent via free agency and the draft. I expect a marked improvement this year. Although, it is understandable that it may take some time to pull it all together.

Go Rams!!!

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I have been sniveling for years about the Rams under Georgia-Shaw-Zigmunt. Chip inherited a miserable situation, (aside from the fact that any NFL team is worth a few bucks) and from my perspective has delivered big changes in the FO.

Do I feel the same -- no. Do I feel better? Yes. Feeling better doesn't mean I expect the Rams to be a playoff team in Spag's first year, but I do expect to see improvement in the overall attitude of the team on both sides of the ball. I also expect to see zero tolerance for guys that don't put the team first. I don't see Spags putting up with any crap from players period.

For the first time in a long LONG time, the Rams have a "football guy" vs a "bean counter" at the top: Billy D. Mr D selected an up and coming coordinator perceived by more than one NFL pundit to be a hot commodity, a guy Billy knows he can work with. They are friends .. They appear to be dreaming the same dream. So far .. so good. So I'll say it again -- Yes I feel better, much better ..

mde8352gorams is online now Registered User

It definitely feels better because as Maui said, we have football people running the show vs. the bean-counter mentality that permeated the front office for so many years. Carroll Rosenbloom is smiling in heaven!

This reminds me of the Don Klosterman days when we had sensible level-headed people in charge and solid coaching on the field. We didn't always have the best players, but we were competitive.

Go Rams!

live4ramin is online now Registered User

I'm the lone antagonist so far. I'll remain in my cacoon until after the first few FA signings or trades come around. I've been here before. Same ol, same ol so far. Rah, rah, blah, blah. Bring it on. I won't emerge until spring.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -02-12-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Poor skills.
    "The horror"

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Same ol, same ol so far. Rah, rah, blah, blah.
    I can fully relate to being skeptical until after free agency and the draft, after all it takes good players to win games regardless of how good a coach might be. However, when it comes to the front office, I can't see how you can perceive it as "Same old .. Same old." Do you really regard Billy D. as just another Shawgmunt?

thoey is online now Registered User

I guess I am the "other" negative person. But it isn't really negativity. I am excited and happy with the management changes that have been made. From Devaney to Spag's, don't really know much about the assistants. But, as we all know, we are in complete rebuilding mode. That is why I chose "I feel the same" as I think it will be a long season of learning who the team is, who wants to be there, and who needs to go.

I do think we are heading in the right direction. It's just I am an impatient fan and want success right away, but I am also realistic and am pretty sure that we are years from it.
    This space for rent...

live4ramin is online now Registered User

Even Shawgmnt (sp?) got us a SuperBowl. We were desimated eventually by Martz's tunnel vision and by Lovies' cover 2 most of all. If anyone ever says "cover 2" again do like they of Monte Python and RUN AWAY.
    "The horror"

Quote Originally Posted by live4ramin View Post
    Even Shawgmnt (sp?) got us a SuperBowl. We were desimated eventually by Martz's tunnel vision and by Lovies' cover 2 most of all. If anyone ever says "cover 2" again do like they of Monte Python and RUN AWAY.
    The topic is: do you feel the same, or do you see things as getting better?
    My question was simply do you view Billy D. as an upgrade over the previous management ..

RealRam is offline Registered User

Definitely better. Fresh minds atop, one of the best new HC we could have hoped for; new culture in the works.

Promising potential. Improvement is in process for the Rams. As Maui implied, an upgrade in management.

Truth is offline Registered User

I started feeling btter when they let Linehan go. I felt even better as Haz and Ziggy departed. I have high hopes for our future.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

keith m. klink Guest

so far , everything that has been changed has been an improvement as i see it .

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I have been sniveling for years about the Rams under Georgia-Shaw-Zigmunt. Chip inherited a miserable situation, (aside from the fact that any NFL team is worth a few bucks) and from my perspective has delivered big changes in the FO.

Do I feel the same -- no. Do I feel better? Yes. Feeling better doesn't mean I expect the Rams to be a playoff team in Spag's first year, but I do expect to see improvement in the overall attitude of the team on both sides of the ball. I also expect to see zero tolerance for guys that don't put the team first. I don't see Spags putting up with any crap from players period.

For the first time in a long LONG time, the Rams have a "football guy" vs a "bean counter" at the top: Billy D. Mr D selected an up and coming coordinator perceived by more than one NFL pundit to be a hot commodity, a guy Billy knows he can work with. They are friends .. They appear to be dreaming the same dream. So far .. so good. So I'll say it again -- Yes I feel better, much better ..

here here!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast