View Poll Results: How do you feel about the Rams right now?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Its getting better.

70 88.61%
  • I feel the same.

9 11.39%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Re: Is it getting better, or do you feel the same?

After 36 years as a Ram fan, I would say at best I am cautiously optimistic. I would like to see a few games first. Although there have been pluses that's for sure.

"The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Agreed MoonJoe. I am also cautiously optimistic; exited about our future prospects under this leadership. i guess that as much as anything, I am more confident in the current staff from top to bottom and am willing to be patient for another year or two while we rebuild...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

The brain trust is forming...I am just waiting to see how they make changes with the team before I stock some special champaigne

its just WAY to early to say anything about this coaching staff

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    its just WAY to early to say anything about this coaching staff
    Exactly, I think alot of us were fired up about Scott Linehan & Jim Haslett and what they would bring to the table.

Here's the flip side:

The thing that has me optimistic is that we brought in a DC instead of an OC to run our team.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I'm also cautiously optimistic right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm elated that the bean-counter / liar, uh, I mean....lawyer types are out of the picture and real football people are making the football decisions.
    But even though I'm not from the "show-me" state, I want to see what direction they go in the draft and FA, and then get into some games before I feel giddy about this whole thing.

I like the fact that we have a defensive minded guy in there now, but I'm a little leary about some of the other coaching positions. It seems that there's a lot of guys now in positions they've never held before. That could be a good thing, or it could be a disaster. Our coaching staff looks more like a college staff rather than an NFL staff. Not many "older-experienced-well known-established" guys as positional coaches, if you know what I mean. ...but like I said, maybe that'll be a good thing. Some of the old retread coaches should go to pasture.

Only time will tell how this all unfolds. But, I can say that I'm more excited and anxious about this offseason as any I can remember.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RockinRam is offline Registered User

The coaching staff could be a big bust next year, who knows? But I seriously doubt it. I trust Spags to bring in guys that he trusts and is confident about their coaching.

The only question mark I have is the signing of Viking's ST's coach Paul Ferrero and putting him in as our LB coach.

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

It's getting better.

If we hadn't changed management but just coaching staff/got some new players and high expectations I would feel the same. But we finally got rid of the failures at the highest levels in our organisation, finally! I believe we have more competent people in charge now and we can expect decisions to improve leading to improvements on the field too, in time.

Besides.

It has made it easier on me now I've got someone to blame (Linehan/Shaw/Zygmunt take your pick).

A-Web is offline Registered User

I don't think anybody is alone in feeling positive and or negative at the moment. Protagonist or Antagonist. Giddy or cautious. It is going to happen. We have seen coaching changes. We have seen personnel changes, we have seen free agents, and drafts, and Depth Chart rearrangements. We have seen healthy and injured, and one thing comes out the same thus far. We STILL failed. Year after year, for quite a while now. It hurts, and it's bad.

I personally feel at this point, that we have a coach "Capable" of delivering the much needed change to this team, and the ownership to do so. Does that mean it's going to happen? Not necessarily. Just like Linehan (I never liked him. He didn't seem to be the kind of guy who could command a team. More like a little pansy who you could boss around once you got to the fifth grade) was going to bring change. Just like Haslett came in, and was going to be a big "change". We have gotten our hopes up, been "rooster" teased, and then let back down again.

We know what the team is capable of, and we see it starting, but will it happen? We all will find out. At the moment, I see everything going right, but until the Free Agency passes, and then the draft, followed by the preseason, I don't think any of us will know exactly how we feel.

Shall we return to this subject after each interval? Post FA, Post Draft, During and Post Pre-Season?

A-Web is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    The coaching staff could be a big bust next year, who knows? But I seriously doubt it. I trust Spags to bring in guys that he trusts and is confident about their coaching.

The only question mark I have is the signing of Viking's ST's coach Paul Ferrero and putting him in as our LB coach.

I have read on the philosophy if you may, of Spags and his coaching squad. Spags believed, and went on the belief, that he needed coaches that could work together. When applied thoroughly, this meant that he for the most part picked coaches and assistants with whom he had personally worked with and saw potential in, or who were only a single coach removed. This meaning that say Spags were to hire you, and he had worked with you for 4 years on another team, and now you come to the Rams as a X-Coordinator. Then, he is looking for a B-Coordinator, and doens't exactly know anybody specific that is go for the job. Well, he trusts you, and you and a few other coaches already hired have worked with Joe Doe, and can vouch for his credability and knowledge. This is how the gateways opened.

There are no coaches on the staff that haven't worked with one another at this point through any number of common denominators. This should make everyone work together as a single coaching unit, and should help out with conversation and chain of command. When somebody has a feeling or opinion, it will most likely be shared and listened to, because they all know each other through something.

I like the philosophy, and ST isn't exactly the thing I would fret about. All the coaches should have enough collective knowledge to balance out a single person if in fact they are slightly underqualified at this point. I think Spags personally would level out the field on any defensive portion at this point, and I have confidence in our offensive units as well.

Spyederman is offline Registered User

I would have to say the coaching staff is an improvement simply because you could see the players had no respect left for Linehan. I don't think they had much more for Haslett. Spags will demand their respect and I think he'll get it. Cleaning out upper management should help tremendously by getting rid the mess that was our front office.

rampower is offline Registered User

Things are getting better. But I will feel a lot better after we see some excelletnt personnel decisions.

Not looking for a quick fix, but I hope we lay some foundations so that we can be competative/playoffs in 2010.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    I guess I am the "other" negative person. But it isn't really negativity. I am excited and happy with the management changes that have been made. From Devaney to Spag's, don't really know much about the assistants. But, as we all know, we are in complete rebuilding mode. That is why I chose "I feel the same" as I think it will be a long season of learning who the team is, who wants to be there, and who needs to go.

I do think we are heading in the right direction. It's just I am an impatient fan and want success right away, but I am also realistic and am pretty sure that we are years from it.
    I agree with everything you have said except I am not so sure we are that far away,I think with the addition of some good players this could turn around rather quickly,maybe not in 1 season but by the second,the reason I say this is because I think we have some talented players who haven't shown that and now with the addition of GOOD coaches there play will improve couple that with a few FA's and a good draft and the Rams could be in the mix.

blood85 is offline Registered User

Let's continue the overhaul. Bring in the new players that will make this team stronger. Changes have already taken place at the Top, let the momentum carry on to the players and other personnel.

BEER is offline Registered User

Wow! and I thought I was a bad guy on this site.. 9% think its the same! Not in my eye.

We are in a rebuild and it is 100, no sorry 99% positive.

Shhhhhhhhhhh. "Silently saying EX Bulger"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast