Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Getting excited

vanillasue is offline Registered User

Getting excited

For next April's draft - A mistake this year to give up a second round pick when we could of had DeAndre Hopkins (tearing it up in Houston) and kept our second pick and maybe got Eddie Lacy. No more trading up - here is what we need to do next year.

Fire Scottemheimer and hire an offensive mind from an organization like NE/Denver/NO/GB

2014 Draft
    1st Round (first pick) Jake Mathews, Tackle, Texas A&M
    Trade second pick back and pick up another 2nd or 3rd

1st Round (second pick) Cyril Richardson, Guard, Baylor or
    Gabe Jackson, OG, Mississippi State
    2nd round -
    Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington or Michael Dyer, RB, Louisville
    2nd round - A CB or Safety
    3rd round - A CB or Safety

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Re: Getting excited

I'd go
    1: Brett Hundley QB UCLA
    1B: Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
    2: Ka'deem Carey RB Arizona
    3: Ed Stinson DT Alabama
    Randart likes this.
    Kyle Fuller at 13!!!!!

SportsDude is offline Registered User

Stacy has looked like the man so why would we spend any more high picks on RB's? We are definitely getting a SS in the 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Also, craig dahl still sucks.

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    For next April's draft - A mistake this year to give up a second round pick when we could of had DeAndre Hopkins (tearing it up in Houston) and kept our second pick and maybe got Eddie Lacy. No more trading up - here is what we need to do next year.

Fire Scottemheimer and hire an offensive mind from an organization like NE/Denver/NO/GB
    I wonder if Josh McDaniel is available
    Nick and Bar-bq like this.

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=vanillasue;474372]For next April's draft - A mistake this year to give up a second round pick when we could of had DeAndre Hopkins (tearing it up in Houston) and kept our second pick and maybe got Eddie Lacy. No more trading up - here is what we need to do next year.
    2014 Draft
    1st Round (first pick) Jake Mathews, Tackle, Texas A&M

2nd round -
    2nd round - A CB or Safety

What, no QB? We either need to draft one or start shpping FAs.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Fire anyone responsible for this horrid offense.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Why do we need to draft a QB so early? Draft a QB in the 4th/5th round to backup Bradford. Bradford will be back next year, calling it now.
    HUbison likes this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

We won't be drafting a QB, at least not early. Like it or not Sam will be the QB for the Rams next year. We'll be plugging holes on the defensive side of the ball while allowing the offensive seeds we planted to continue growing. Don't be surprised to see a DT, CB or S early in the first round. Maybe even an OLB.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Wouldn't mind investing our two 1st rounders with O-line. The ***** did it and look where they are now. Providing quality pass protection and run blocking will help tenfold whoever's under center in 2014. I noticed whenever we run the 11 personnel/empty trey no-huddle approach, Bradford has a tendency to throw it short because of the lack of quality pass protection. Jake Matthews is primed to be drafted by us at this point.

♪ R.I.P. Nujabes ♫
    Your beat still laments the world

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Flippin' Ram View Post
    Wouldn't mind investing our two 1st rounders with O-line. The ***** did it and look where they are now. Providing quality pass protection and run blocking will help tenfold whoever's under center in 2014. I noticed whenever we run the 11 personnel/empty trey no-huddle approach, Bradford has a tendency to throw it short because of the lack of quality pass protection. Jake Matthews is primed to be drafted by us at this point.

Let's take a bigger look at the Rams o-line. Jake Long has been so so at best. Do we keep him around next season? I say 8-9 million for an above average LT is not a bad signing. Chris Williams, Wells, and Dahl will be off this ballclub by next season due to age, contract, and overall play. I love Harvey Dahl but let's face it we need an upgrade. You can fill Wells spot with Barret Jones, now we have 2 guard spots to fill in. I think Barksdale has played exceptional and deserves to be our RT of future. Fisher has never taken an olineman early in the draft so logic says he will not next season. One would hope that Fisher/Snead defy their trends to soldify our line.

Is there any legitimate Mike Iupati type guard prospects in this upcoming draft?

Agrajag is offline Registered User

I don't think they have a choice but to shop free agents for at least a back up to Clemens now. If they can find a better long term backup to Bradford than Clemens then mission accomplished.

To me, they're in a different position from seasons past. Sure, they still have a lot of positions that can be upgraded, but the holes have been patched in such a way that they can pick the best player available.

In the first round, I think a team should always be looking for a player that can significantly change their game, so I look to defense first. But in the end, if the Rams or Redskins finish bad enough to be in a position to select Jake Matthews, they would be silly not to.

Honestly, if they can find another tackle like Brockers, who's a good fit for the four man front, then they really ought to go for it. If Louis Nix was available to them, they'd be crazy not to go for it. At corner I like Johnson but I have to wonder if Jenkins' head will ever catch up with his feet and I've never been a fan of Finnegan. So if there's an excellent corner to be had in the first round, they need to jump on that. And to me, another position that could have a dramatic effect on what the team can do is at free safety. Finally, we suffer against the run with Quinn, but upgrading at defensive end makes just about as much sense as upgrading at quarterback, for now.

Update

2014 Draft
    1st Round (first pick) Jake Mathews,Texas A&M OT or Lewan Michigan OT

2nd round -
    2nd round - Johnny Manzel QB Texas A&M

citr92 is offline Registered User

johnny will be a bust imo, not by his first year, but when defenses get used to him...just watch

rather have someone like derrick carr or someone who doesn't throw prayers 2-3 times a game, will not fly in the nfl

though i like the rest of those picks

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Let's take a bigger look at the Rams o-line. Jake Long has been so so at best. Do we keep him around next season? I say 8-9 million for an above average LT is not a bad signing. Chris Williams, Wells, and Dahl will be off this ballclub by next season due to age, contract, and overall play. I love Harvey Dahl but let's face it we need an upgrade. You can fill Wells spot with Barret Jones, now we have 2 guard spots to fill in. I think Barksdale has played exceptional and deserves to be our RT of future. Fisher has never taken an olineman early in the draft so logic says he will not next season. One would hope that Fisher/Snead defy their trends to soldify our line.

Is there any legitimate Mike Iupati type guard prospects in this upcoming draft?
    Im confused about all the post regaring Jake Long and his demise. The guy came out the same time as Chris Long.... Jake is being portrayed as a 30 year NFL Vet that has his last days behind him.

If there's any position that breeds tenure in the NFL, Oline is one place where people can thrive much longer than at other positions.

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    johnny will be a bust imo, not by his first year, but when defenses get used to him...just watch
    Thats what they said about Joe Montana - Manzel is Magic and will be a good 2nd QB in case Bradford gets injured plus they can weave some plays in for him to change things up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast