Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 22 of 22
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Getting excited

  1. #16
    citr92's Avatar
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,407
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Getting excited

    Quote Originally Posted by vanillasue View Post
    Thats what they said about Joe Montana - Manzel is Magic and will be a good 2nd QB in case Bradford gets injured plus they can weave some plays in for him to change things up.
    haven't seen bradford throw a prayer just because without looking

    manziel plays like it's madden....the nfl not
    RAM29JACKSON likes this.


  2. #17
    Yodude's Avatar
    Yodude is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The State of Confusion
    Posts
    1,034
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Getting excited

    haven't seen bradford throw a prayer just because without looking
    What does that even mean?

    manziel plays like it's madden
    Not that I'm advocating the Rams drafting Manziel (although I wouldn't mind as long as it's not in the first round), but do you even follow college football? Because if you did, you'd know Manziel completed 68 % of his passes last year. This year his completion rate is 73 %. Hardly the numbers of someone just "playing like it's Madden".
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

  3. #18
    RAM29JACKSON's Avatar
    RAM29JACKSON is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Age
    49
    Posts
    205
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Getting excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    What does that even mean?



    Not that I'm advocating the Rams drafting Manziel (although I wouldn't mind as long as it's not in the first round), but do you even follow college football? Because if you did, you'd know Manziel completed 68 % of his passes last year. This year his completion rate is 73 %. Hardly the numbers of someone just "playing like it's Madden".

    considering college success isn't on par with the pro's its a valid thought...look at Tebow.

    Manziel is just another jock thriving from the spread...by and large that still in no way translates to pro success for a QB ...last year was the shock value of the option. Wont happen again until all the pansy anti- defense rules are in place and flag football is the norm

  4. #19
    citr92's Avatar
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,407
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Getting excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    What does that even mean?



    Not that I'm advocating the Rams drafting Manziel (although I wouldn't mind as long as it's not in the first round), but do you even follow college football? Because if you did, you'd know Manziel completed 68 % of his passes last year. This year his completion rate is 73 %. Hardly the numbers of someone just "playing like it's Madden".
    a few games i've seen manziel, mainly in highlights

    he'll run away from pressure, back and fourth, and then when he runs out of room, he's had some no look passes....and they worked, mainly cause the A&M receivers were really good at three flags up...

    won't work in the nfl, and especially not the rams

    and yes, die hard SC fan

    i don't follow CFB as a whole (thanks NCAA for killing hope i have for fair play)
    as much as i used to anyway

    but it's the way he's completing these pass, nfl guys can't scramble for ages every down and just hurl one up there and expect his receivers to always come through, NFL DBs will see to that
    Last edited by citr92; -10-26-2013 at 12:13 AM.

  5. #20
    Yodude's Avatar
    Yodude is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The State of Confusion
    Posts
    1,034
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Getting excited

    Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    a few games i've seen manziel, mainly in highlights

    he'll run away from pressure, back and fourth, and then when he runs out of room, he's had some no look passes....and they worked, mainly cause the A&M receivers were really good at three flags up...

    won't work in the nfl, and especially not the rams

    and yes, die hard SC fan

    i don't follow CFB as a whole (thanks NCAA for killing hope i have for fair play)
    as much as i used to anyway

    but it's the way he's completing these pass, nfl guys can't scramble for ages every down and just hurl one up there and expect his receivers to always come through, NFL DBs will see to that
    I'm not saying he's going to be a star in the NFL (not saying he won't either). Just pointing out that he's much, much more than a "Madden player" as you put it.

    The highlight plays you refer to a far from a majority of his passing plays, they're just the plays that make the highlight reels. Most scouts agree that he has excellent accuracy on short and intermediate passes. The questions are regarding his size and arm strength. Keep in mind he's only a sophomore.

    You may be right, he could very well flop in the NFL...but to predict that at this point is kind of premature in my opinion. He's running way less this season than last year and the consensus is that his skills at reading a defense are much improved over last season. I guess we'll see what happens.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

  6. #21
    Mikey's Avatar
    Mikey is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,171
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Getting excited

    1st- Matthews or Lewan
    1st(b)- HaHa Dix
    2nd Gabe Jackson - G
    3rd Carr or Fales

    Matthews or Lewan could step in and start at RT until we part ways with Long. He isn't signed to a huge amount of guaranteed money or very long term. Dix is a huge need and Jackson will step in and start right away. Carr and Fales are talented with huge upside, sit for a year or two behind Sam and at worst they are a solid backup. At best if Sam isn't retained after his contract is up have a chance to play.

  7. #22
    citr92's Avatar
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,407
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Getting excited

    Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post
    I'm not saying he's going to be a star in the NFL (not saying he won't either). Just pointing out that he's much, much more than a "Madden player" as you put it.

    The highlight plays you refer to a far from a majority of his passing plays, they're just the plays that make the highlight reels. Most scouts agree that he has excellent accuracy on short and intermediate passes. The questions are regarding his size and arm strength. Keep in mind he's only a sophomore.

    You may be right, he could very well flop in the NFL...but to predict that at this point is kind of premature in my opinion. He's running way less this season than last year and the consensus is that his skills at reading a defense are much improved over last season. I guess we'll see what happens.
    he just doesn't wow me, i'm not impressed much by a quarterback with good speed that can run for a bunch of yards cause everyone is trying to defend the pass and it's practically a free first down

    not a very strong arm imo and if he thinks he can do the same thing in college he'll get hurt like RGIII
    also he's a RS soph so he's draft eligible

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. How Excited Am I?
    By QUINNtessentialTruth in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -01-17-2012, 03:57 PM
  2. Get Excited
    By RamsFanCK in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -10-02-2011, 11:49 AM
  3. Is Anyone Excited Yet ??
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: -09-12-2009, 06:54 PM
  4. im so excited!!!!!!!!
    By 07McCarthy in forum Under 18s
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -12-25-2006, 01:32 AM
  5. Not excited for
    By RamsFan16 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: -03-11-2006, 01:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •