Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Scares me

what really scrares me is what is going to happen after this all comes to an end (which it will) someday.

St. Louis is not noted for its love for football as it is for baseball. The Dispatch ran a poll a couple weeks ago and got only a 45% approval rating for Martz.

I have been to St. Louis for games before we were good, and it wasn't a pretty picture. St. Louis has now become spoiled and spoiled fast...what will happen in the lean years??

valerius is offline Registered User
    I hope we have grown a little, but you never know. Out here in Baltimore, less than 1 year from a super bowl title, there are morons calling for Billick to be fired because their offense sucks and they only barely made it into the wild card (sound familiar?). No matter what, there will always be the clueless who think anything less than 19-0, with all games scoring over 40 points and allowing under 2 points per game is failure. Ya gotta love your team regardless. No booing unless they are not trying (see NO Saints, Randy Moss, and Gary Templeton). However, sure am gonna enjoy this super bowl win!! Be there for the conf game on 1/27!

DaddoRam is offline Registered User
    Ah, don't worry about "bandwagoners" too much. After we win it this year, there'll be more, and it's a sign of respect not only for the level of our play but the good people behind it. Many people in the region probably didn't pay too much attention to the Rams until they started winning, but that's OK...most people don't take it as seriously as we do. :wiseman:

RAMSWIN is offline Registered User
    I can't stand bandwagon jumpers either but what really ticks me off are people who accuse me of jumping the bandwagon. That means there are far to many bandwagon jumpers out there.

I've been a Rams fan since I was 8 years old (25 years now). I cryed like a baby when they lost to the Steelers in '80 and I cryed like a baby 20 years later when they won it all. I looked stupid as hell but I didn't care.

I suffered through numerous QB changes (remember Dieter Brock?) and being the worst team of the 90's. But I was always loyal to my Rams. Truth is, win or lose I will love this team till the day I die. If that sounds corny, too bad. I call it passion.

TO THE BOWL BABY!!!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Question worst team of the nineties?

Hey now, don't overexaggerate too much. The Rams weren't the worst team of the 90's, the Bengals were :nerd: , thanks to our breakout year in 99.

:shield:

harkin-9 is offline Registered User
    Bud, I have yet to see anyone in here who finds nothing but fault with the Rams. They are a great team with an awesome offense. The defensive improvemnt has been staggering.

BUT, I have been a Ram fan since the days of Arnett and Meador, I know how truly lucky we are to have this great core of excellent players. When I bemoan Martz's complete lack of understanding on the value of turnovers, or I complain about Warner's tendency to throw dumb passes under pressure, it's because I want the Rams to WIN.

Martz has one of the most imaginative minds in football, but his time management skills and lack of respect for punchmouth defense and how the Rams react to it are a liability I don't wished to see cashed in by a less-deserving team because they 'match up' better.

Warner is the most accurate passer Ive ever seen, but he still doesnt have half the field saavy of Joe Montana. A few of the NFC teams know that if you pressure him hard and shadow a db over the middle, he'll throw you INTs.

The defense is night and day better over last year, but I want to see them make a stand in the red zone late in the game if we're in a close one (and we will be). When a Tampa LB puts a helmet to the back of a Rams receiver, or Faulk is punched in the neck after the whistle, I want the Rams to punch back two-fold.

I want to see the Rams DOMINATE a tough defense (Tampa, Philly, Bears, Steelers, Ravens) because I know they can if they use their heads as well as their talent. This is something they have not done yet (the Dolphins D was not as good as was thought at week 2).

In short, I want them to get another ring. They can if they play their game and not let anyone take advantage of the weaknesses mentioned above.

bud4wiser is offline Registered User

view from the sidelines

Harkin,

A view from the sidelines is NOT always as clear as the view from the "fanzone".

I think some of the comments about Mr. Martz are misdirected because the entire staff bears the responsibility for many decisions.

And in any event, usually there are competing influences for attention to any given coaching decision.

Like a chess game, many moves look stupid to a casual observer, I think coach Martz tries to see the "whole match" and is acting accordingly.

Please see my very first post....coaches corner?

WHAT???

Side lines...what gives with that??

ram3057 is offline Registered User
    I have ALWAYS been a RAMS fan for as long as I can remember. This is truly a great time for us. The RAMS won the Super Bowl on my birthday two years ago, and that is one wish that I always wanted to come true. All I ever wanted was the RAMS to win the big one. It happened, and it looks like it will happen again.

True fans always remain true.

RAMS fans are a special breed.

Always
    A
    RAMS
    Fan

Always a Rams Fan............

Rex Allen Markel

RealRam is offline Registered User

Talking Positive thinking...

To me, this is one of the best threads in the best Rams site. Thanks J-Ram.
    :cool:

We all know it though we can't always bear it: criticism, negative criticism --even from within-- is part of being successful. It is innate and unavoidable. That's what leadership, particularly when triumphant-- is all about.

Thank goodness the St. Louis Rams are AT THE TOP of the league right now. THEY are the LEADERS, THEY have recently won a SB, are one of the best NFL teams e-v-e-r put together, were the first to sport emblem on helmets, etc. x3...

I don't have a problem with "bandwaggoners." Can't beat us?, join us.
    Walk-ins welcome. But don't rock the boat -- that means you're not rowing. :evil:

Ram since 1966, age 13. Like many Clan Warriors, I've seen the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Coincidentally, not knowing where the L.A. Rams had come from, my "2nd team" were the Cleveland Browns because of their uniforms. My passion, however, were the Rams just as they are today. Haven't had a so-called 2nd team since I was in preparatory school (HSchool) in Chihuahua, Mexico.

I'm glad to be a Ram ever since. I do not agree with the bawling and griping of some fans or press people when one's team is so successful. They either are immature (need the attention inside/outside the stadium) or don't hold the concept of team loyalty and/or respect high enough.

Point: must be positive. We ought to consider ourselves fortunate indeed to have such a classy team, a truly winning team these past few years. Hey!, the Rams are comprised of so many GOOD GUYS this year! No Terry Glenns or T. Owens in here!

We have a real class act going on. Let's appreciate and enjoy it!

Like the ClanRam website, the Rams cannot be taken for granted.

Rams Rule.
    Last edited by RealRam; -01-14-2002 at 03:15 PM.

WELCOME BUD

Jorge very welcome for the thread...

Couple things that bug me in this world

#1 - taking things for granted
    #2 - dissing the Rams

We as fans have waited way to many years for this one...enjoy it while it lasts, and remember what it feels like when you loose :confused:

majorram is offline Registered User
    Its been great to read all the posts, I'm pretty new to this board but I DAM pleased I've found it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True RAM FANS

I've been a Rams fan since they first appeared on British TV way back in 1984 and boy on those lean years you can imagine the highlights we saw , ABOUT 2 minutes long.......at the end of the programme.
    but I just kept thinking Next year it will be different and in 95 I thought here we go 4-0 only for them to fall 7-9. I still thought one day!!!!!!!!!

So when 99 came this was like a dream come true, stood in the sports cafe in london watching our team go for SB honors and I tell you there was a few tears spilt when we won but what the hell......

This is a great time for us guys, it won,t last forever I'm just enjoying it while it lasts!!! Having the best team in the league

:lid: GO RAMS AND FINISH THE JOB

joeramfan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Yikes!

I agree, I also started to love this team in the early 70s,and going to Canton was a big thrill for me this summer.Seeing two guys I grew up watching going to the Hall.I also got the sattelite tv so I can catch the guys every week.I cant recall a better RAMS team ever,so lets get ring #2 and the rest should fall into place for us.Tired of the smash mouth?Well maybe yes when it comes from others who were not here in the 90s,but I catch myself doing it to,but I feel that I earned the right to be criticle of my team.
    Originally posted by Fargo Ram Fan
    Yep..everybody LOVES to hate a WINNER. Who gives a damn what the press and the rest of the league think or say. This aint no POLLY ANNA world my friend. When ya find yourself on the top 'o the mountain, EVERYONE wants to knock you off. Im not sure how long many of you have been RAM fans...but Ive been there since the early 70s. This team only SUCKED for a few years. Thats the reality of this game...NOBODY dominates EVERY YEAR. The RAMS were among the NFLs BEST teams thru the 70s and 80s. I grew up enjoying a winner nearly every year,maybe not a title,but ya knew they were a contender.Yes the 90s were rugged but WERE BACK!! Hell,I bought a DSS system in 95...JUST TO SEE MY RAM GAMES!! Believe me...I suffered during the 90s,but I hung in there. Now Im extremely PROUD of these guys BUT I am equally FRUSTRATED at times. I guess thats the nature of things. We strive for PERFECTION. Weve seen this team be ULTRA DOMINANT at times and so SELF DESTRUCTIVE at other times. They are capable of SO MUCH. I just want those 4 RINGS ala Joe Montana and co...I just dont recall those 9er teams ever being so sloppy. NO HARM INTENDED...after all...WERE TALKIN ABOUT A GAME. Now lets cheer these guys on to ring #2!!:angryram: :shield: :angryram:

bud4wiser is offline Registered User

Coaching coaches

Sometimes coaches can appear really slow to react to situations that seem obvious to fans because their attention and focus is on matters on the sidelines that fans are unaware of.

This is why I continue to support Mr. Martz and his staff most of the time. Obviously, things that go wrong during a game need to be addressed as quickly as possible.

Fans, should understand when these changes are not made quickly it may be because other matters of greater importance are being tended to.

Recently, kick-return coverage schemes have been changed. Many fans thought that a single player assignment change was all that was needed.

Talent in the RAMS organization doesn't end with the player roster.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Coaching coaches

Originally posted by bud4wiser
    Talent in the RAMS organization doesn't end with the player roster.
    Excellent point Bud.

There's definitely more than meets the eye! Even the eyes of millions of spectators watching from the bleachers and on TV. Coaches usually know what they're doing and the best way to prove that is by the results posted in their respective W-L columns.

Again, it is just great to see the RAMS are doing superbly ...sights set on achieving another Super One. Very soon!
    Now let's get those Packers atta the way! :evilram:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast