Thread: Getting Woolly

Muttonheid is offline Registered User

Getting Woolly

Hey Clan Rams! How goes things?

This is my first post on here. Sorry it has taken me this long to post something on here, I was handed a card for this site at Wembley, I forget from who (sorry again), and have just got round to posting something. But there are a few things I wanted to chat about. Firstly...

What an incredible season it was for the Rams during 2012! Sure it ended sooner than I'd hoped. But I got to see them play for the first time, in Wembley. I was 'Featured Fan of The Week' on the Rams official website that week. And the Rams beat the *****! So that made up for it a little!

I've been really impressed what Jeff Fisher and Les Snead have done in shaping these Rams into what they are today. I can't wait to see how they handle things in the upcoming draft and free agency. I'm expecting big things! If 2012 taught me anything, the Rams are a team to be reckoned with. They're on the road to greatness. And it made me realise how much of a fan I am.

So much so that I've decided to do something this season to show how much I believe in this team and how well I believe they will do this season. I'm going to 'Get Woolly'. On the 31st of December 2012 (the day after our 2012 season officially ended) I shaved my moustache that I have sported for a while now and have vowed not to shave or get my haircut again until the Rams make it to the Super Bowl. I've decided to 'Get Woolly' for the Rams.

One last thing before I go. I've taken some inspiration from the artwork on the ClanRam card and have designed a costume of sorts. Which I intend to wear at a Super Bowl party next month. It's not fully complete, I'm still waiting on a few pieces coming in. But when it's complete I'll post the pics up for your approval.
    Last edited by HUbison; -01-07-2013 at 11:04 AM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Getting Woolly

Welcom to the Clan!

I have to admit, your thread title immediately made me think of Bull Durham ("Women get weary! They don't get "wooly"!)

Looking forward to seeing the costume!

ramstiles is offline Registered User

It was probabley Dez who was handing the cards out at wembley

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Welcome to the Clan!!!!

I would "get wooly" with you but i know my wife wouldn't allow it

TorontoRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Muttonheid View Post
    Hey Clan Rams! How goes things?

This is my first post on here. Sorry it has taken me this long to post something on here, I was handed a card for this site at Wembley, I forget from who (sorry again), and have just got round to posting something. But there are a few things I wanted to chat about. Firstly...

What an incredible season it was for the Rams during 2012! Sure it ended sooner than I'd hoped. But I got to see them play for the first time, in Wembley. I was 'Featured Fan of The Week' on the Rams official website that week. And the Rams beat the *****! So that made up for it a little!

I've been really impressed what Jeff Fisher and Les Snead have done in shaping these Rams into what they are today. I can't wait to see how they handle things in the upcoming draft and free agency. I'm expecting big things! If 2012 taught me anything, the Rams are a team to be reckoned with. They're on the road to greatness. And it made me realise how much of a fan I am.

So much so that I've decided to do something this season to show how much I believe in this team and how well I believe they will do this season. I'm going to 'Get Woolly'. On the 31st of December 2012 (the day after our 2012 season officially ended) I shaved my moustache that I have sported for a while now and have vowed not to shave or get my haircut again until the Rams make it to the Super Bowl. I've decided to 'Get Woolly' for the Rams.

One last thing before I go. I've taken some inspiration from the artwork on the ClanRam card and have designed a costume of sorts. Which I intend to wear at a Super Bowl party next month. It's not fully complete, I'm still waiting on a few pieces coming in. But when it's complete I'll post the pics up for your approval.
    Post photos of your costume and BW and AW (before wooley and after wooley). If you're from Ireland or Scotland someone may try to shear you in the Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by ramstiles View Post
    It was probabley Dez who was handing the cards out at wembley
    He had an amazing leather jacket on! I was quite envious. I've been itching to get a decent leather or varsity jacket of the Rams for years now!

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoRam View Post
    Post photos of your costume and BW and AW (before wooley and after wooley). If you're from Ireland or Scotland someone may try to shear you in the Spring.
    I got a major piece of the costume yesterday, still waiting on a few more bits but it's almost completed!
    I'm taking pics everyday tracking the growth of the woolliness. I'll be putting them together at the end of the year into a stop motion film. But check my blog for updates, I'll be updating it every week.

muttonheid.blogspot.com

As for the shearing, I do happen to live in Scotland, near Glasgow & if anyone even attempts to shear me they'll get a 'Glasgow Kiss'. Something Rams are renowned for. Hehe
    Last edited by Muttonheid; -01-08-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    I would "get wooly" with you but i know my wife wouldn't allow it
    You don't have to do it to my extreme of course, perhaps if you only grew a beard, stache or even just your hair, that may appease your wife.