Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Muttonheid

Thread: Getting Woolly - The Super Bowl Costume

Muttonheid is offline Registered User

Getting Woolly - The Super Bowl Costume

It's been a few weeks since I posted on here about my Get Woolly campaign. For those that read the first post will know that on it I also teased about a costume I was planning to wear for the Super Bowl. And how the inspiration for it came from a ClanRam card I was handed at the Wembley game.

Well I can happily say that the costume is complete. And as it was the ClanRam card that gave me the inspiration for this costume, you guys should be the first to see it. And here it is...

Getting Woolly - The Super Bowl Costume-img_4787.jpg

The whole costume (minus jersey) cost me roughly £80. Most of the cost was the kilt, but I managed to get a great package deal, kilt, sporran, sporran belt, belt, belt buckle, kilt pin & flashes all for £60. They only had the packages in limited tartan. As luck would have it though, my tartan was one of them. In fact they had two Stewart tartans, the Royal Stewart (red) and the Modern Hunting Stewart (green). I went for the latter as it was the same tartan I wore when I got married.

Getting Woolly - The Super Bowl Costume-img_4768.jpg

The 'sheep' costume I got from amazon for £15 as a onsie. The head part of it was a hood. But it was incredibly difficult to work with as a hood so I cut it off and decided to fashion a hat with the help of old Rams hat in the pic below.

Getting Woolly - The Super Bowl Costume-img_4627.jpg

As you can see from the pic above, the horns I made from scratch. I had intended to buy real horns and affix them to this, but I kept on getting outbid and the prices they were going for were too much for me. The horns consist of chicken wire and papier mache. I know they may not be the best looking horns out there, but they are perfect for what I need them for.

I hope you guys like it! Check out my blog if you want to know more about my Get Woolly campaign. If you do check it out though, I have one request. Keep the costume on the DL until after the Super Bowl. My mates know I'm preparing a costume but have no idea of the scale. I would like to keep it a surprise. Also, if you happen to be in the Glasgow area on Super Bowl night. My friends and I will be heading to Walkabout to watch the game, come on by. That way you'll get to see it all first hand.

Blog: muttonheid.blogspot.com
    Kilt: stores.ebay.co.uk/tartanista
    RamFan_Til_I_Die likes this.

Sauceman is offline Registered User

Re: Getting Woolly - The Super Bowl Costume

This is awesome. You are a winner.

ah think it was me that gave you the card very well done, I am glad the card inspired you

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Great job Mutton!!!!! looks awesome.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Getting Woolly - The Super Bowl Costume

Lmao that is bad ass!