Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    itsguud is offline Registered User

Re: Ginn, Jenkins, Carolina, The Draft...Pieces are coming together...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    I think I might have ESP or something.

Case 1:
    I maid a thread over a week ago saying we should trade for a DT and some people said they did not think there was one out their to trade for with in a few days the Jenkins on the trading block rumor came up.

Link to Case 1 thread:
    Trade for Interior DL help?

Case 2:
    I made a thread about us swapping our 1 with Carolina and now people are discussing that as a posibility.

Link to Case 2 thread:
    Whats the chance we swap 1s with Carolina and give them a 2nd or 3rd?

Now if case 1 and 2 happen. I will be selling my house and moving to Vegas.

Hold up RamsSB99, I wouldn't go selling your house just yet. I believe I stated this case a little before you!

Link to case 1 thread:
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/showth...307#post163307
    (check my post in that thread)

Copy of Reply to me from GC - case 2:
    defensive tackle

the reason we cant trade for a defensive tackle (which by the way is a great suggestion) is that no one wants to give up a quality defensive tackle. They are too crucial in the success of a defense. How often do you see a defensive tackle who is in the prime of his career change teams?

You werent around two years ago when i was screaming bloody murder about letting ryan pickett go. Pickett led the nfl, the entire nfl, in tackles at his position and we let him walk away and put all our eggs in the jimmy kennedy basket. That was an insane decision and we are paying the price now.

ramming speed to you and yours, keep those great posts coming,

general counsel
    Now if your jumping to Vegas I guess I should be there about a week before hand!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

And, About a week ago...

Another Option

txramsfan is offline Registered User

makes sense. Wow, making sense and Rams draft picks. Haven't been able to say that since the Orlando Pace pick.

Linehan using a smoke screen to "basically" give up a #1 and maybe in this scenario Byrd instead of Klop for Jenkins makes sense. We still get "our" pick of defense at 13 as Carolina was going offensive anyway.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    makes sense. Wow, making sense and Rams draft picks. Haven't been able to say that since the Orlando Pace pick.

Linehan using a smoke screen to "basically" give up a #1 and maybe in this scenario Byrd instead of Klop for Jenkins makes sense. We still get "our" pick of defense at 13 as Carolina was going offensive anyway.
    Since Pace? I'd have to include Aeneas, Faulk and S-Jack as draft picks "making sense".

As to swapping firsts with Carolina, I agree wholeheartedly with you, tx. Carolina's probably not going after anybody we'd want anyway.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

pickleweed is offline Registered User

hey guys, first post here.

anyone stop to think that maybe we're blowing smoke to tennessee, and not carolina? tenessee is the team needing a wideout with return abilities, and they've got a big fat DT they may want to part with. im not sure how available albert haynesworth actually is, or how high the titans are on ginn, but i think thats where the focus is. i dont intend to play amateur GM, but makes sense to me.

and the 19th pick means we could take nelson. awesome.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Wow. Jenkins in the middle, Reevis at CB and special teams and grab a DE in the second round. That would be an instant upgrade for this defense.

You can win with holes. Rams won the Superbowl with undrafted free agent Billy Jenkins , Dexter McCleon and Todd Lyght in the secondary. You can win with some glaring holes in your lineup.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by pickleweed View Post
    hey guys, first post here.

anyone stop to think that maybe we're blowing smoke to tennessee, and not carolina? tenessee is the team needing a wideout with return abilities, and they've got a big fat DT they may want to part with. im not sure how available albert haynesworth actually is, or how high the titans are on ginn, but i think thats where the focus is. i dont intend to play amateur GM, but makes sense to me.

and the 19th pick means we could take nelson. awesome.
    Welcome aboard.

But Albert 'headstomper' Haynesworth?

I really hadn't considered this. He may well be in the doghouse, and on the block too. 19th pick...we get Haynesworth and a Third? or a Second?

I'm slating the Panthers or Jags to take Nelson before 19, but there have been recenet concerns about his intelligence.

pickleweed is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Welcome aboard.

But Albert 'headstomper' Haynesworth?

I really hadn't considered this. He may well be in the doghouse, and on the block too. 19th pick...we get Haynesworth and a Third? or a Second?

I'm slating the Panthers or Jags to take Nelson before 19, but there have been recenet concerns about his intelligence.

well, we seem to be getting in the business of housing troubled players now. first little, then mcmichael, now the ricky williams rumors. so what the hell, lets get another one! id figure we swap picks with the titans, and we'd probably have to give them a second or third too. but i dont know much about the point value, or really how to value picks in a trade. so take that with a grain of salt.

im pretty sure the jags take nelson, and the panthers will take willis if he's on the board, but thats still alright. id be much more comfortable taking a cb like revis or hall at 19 than 13. and if nelson is gone i still like michael griffin at safety.

nelson is a football player, not a surgeon. he may be dumb as a brick, but if he can sniff out the ball and hit people real hard who cares? people just like to overanalyze these guys until they find something. remember vince young's wonderlic? yeah.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12