RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Ginn was Linehans skoke screen for Hall

Linehan may have used Ginn as a smoke screen for acquiring Hall. He could have acted as if Ginn was his first choice for a punt returner to try to bring down the asking price on Hall. He may have did it so KC would approach him about Hall first without him having to approach them. KC finds out Rams are interested in taking a PR in the first and ask the Rams what they would be willing to give for Hall. Instead of the Rams showing no interest in Ginn and asking KC what they would take for Hall. First one to ask what it would take loses .

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Re: Ginn was Linehans skoke screen for Hall

As plausible theory as any RamssB99. All I know is that i'm thrilled that we have a guy like Hall running for ST. Plus he gives us some solid depth at the wide-out position. As far coach Scott linehan and his staff goes, if keeps up the good work picking up quality players for almost nothing; J.hall, Draft etc. We just might have to keep him around for a little longer than I originally thought.

rampete is offline Registered User

yes, very plausible conjecture...

it may also be that linehan and zyggy will use dante hall as final incentive for the panthers to trade jenkins for our second or third and hall...just conjecture on my part, but i do remember reading just about a week ago on another site that john fox and the panthers were interested in dante hall as an upgrade for their own also-ran ST unit...

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by rampete View Post
    yes, very plausible conjecture...

it may also be that linehan and zyggy will use dante hall as final incentive for the panthers to trade jenkins for our second or third and hall...just conjecture on my part, but i do remember reading just about a week ago on another site that john fox and the panthers were interested in dante hall as an upgrade for their own also-ran ST unit...
    Very interesting RP .... and the plot thickens .... Saturday should be fun!! Wonder if they would take Byrd + D. Hall and a #4 for Jenkins? Probably not ...:x

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Honestly I don't think the two were all that related. The theory would be more plausible if we got Hall for a sixth or a seventh. But a fifth round pick for a guy who has never been more than an adequate slot receiver and who really hasn't been extraordinary in the return game over the last 2-3 years seems a bit high to me. In the end, I doubt our "interest" in Ginn played much of a role in this deal at all.

keith m. klink Guest

did you guy's ever think that the rams know that caralina wanted ginn to begin with , with linehan preaching ginn , maybe caralina will drop the price for jenkins , or maybe now caralina see's that it has to jump up a little farther to get him , which in all purposes of argument means a team moves up to get offense , and a team moves behind us , that is one or two defenders falling another spot where the rams could be . linehan can play the bluff game with anyone , he showed that side last year . saturday will bring us a few , if not many surprises .

tanus is offline Registered User

Man, I will be glad when the draft is over so we don't hear the term smoke screen in every other post.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by tanus View Post
    Man, I will be glad when the draft is over so we don't hear the term smoke screen in every other post.
    I think this post is really a smoke screen to hide how much you love the draft.

tanus is offline Registered User

Haha, I do love the draft. I just hate how much the term smoke screen is used is all. :P

NOTE: This is not an attack on the original poster, just a comment in general.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Honestly I don't think the two were all that related. The theory would be more plausible if we got Hall for a sixth or a seventh. But a fifth round pick for a guy who has never been more than an adequate slot receiver and who really hasn't been extraordinary in the return game over the last 2-3 years seems a bit high to me. In the end, I doubt our "interest" in Ginn played much of a role in this deal at all.
    i have to agree with Nick on this one,i really doubt one had anything to do with the other,although i don't think a #5 pick was to high.