View Poll Results: Give Linehan and the FO a grade as of today, as they rebuild.

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

12 25.00%
  • B

33 68.75%
  • C

3 6.25%
  • D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Give Linehan and the FO a grade as of today.

Grade them for the new coaching staff, signings of free agents, to the overall direction of the team. Consider any quotes you have read from players, sports writers and the national media. Or just use your gut.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Give Linehan and the FO a grade as of today.

I give them a B.

I like the players who have been acquired, and I think they allowed the right players to leave, for the most part.

My criticisms are:

1. I'm concerned about the DT position. While I understand that they didn't want to get into a bidding war for Pickett's servies, it seems his price was not that high in the open market. Without him, I'd like to see a veteran signed, as I don't want to devote another high draft choice to the position.

2. I would have liked to have seen the O line depth addressed to some extent by now. Perhaps that will be an issue for the post-June 1 FA market.

coy bacon Guest

I gave them an A.

The reason is that all things considered I think they've done a good job considering that they're new to the job, had a lot of holes to fill, and filled them.

The work's not done yet but you can't fix all of the problems in a month, and they're moving in the right direction. I like what I've seen so far.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'll give a B also. I tend to agree with The Sporting News about lip service with special teams. Baker is coming off his best season ever as a P and the Rams go out and sign Turk. Baker is 27, Turk is 37 and coming off a season missed with a groin injury. When the Rams offense was clicking, we could have had the winner of the 9-10 year old Punt, Pass, and Kick contestant punting. However, if the Rams want to be a known a little more as a defensive team, a punter is essential.

rampower is offline Registered User

a B. Mainly due to hasletts hiring, bruce's resinging and chavous/witherspoon. lost a few though, I think this d will improve but not as much as we might hope for.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I will give them an A.

From the beginning I was sure the FO was going to hire a Defensive HC, I thought it was a no brainier. The fact that we ended up with the best of both worlds is great. They both seem to be on the same page, Linehan joking with Haslett, if it’s OK to get an offensive player in FA.

Maybe I'm reading too much into some of the quotes from the players, but it just seems like the players are ready for change. I’m not knocking Martz I will always like the guy, but even the great Pat Riley of the show time Lakers wore out his welcome, sometimes it just gets old for the players and they need a fresh voice.

I always knew coaches like Parcells, could influence players to come play for him, I did not see these two guys having such pull, that has to say something for them as coaches. The Rams FO was truly a mess, and probably not the best place to work but they have given Rams park new life.

The signing of Spoon to me is the best I have seen here in a long time, the guy is in his prime.

As much as Haslett wanted Arch they did not over pay, as much as we thought Bruce might not be here. They had a plan and knew he would, at the right price that is cap friendly.

I can’t wait to see the draft and see this defensive line up and play! I can’t say that I have wanted to watch this defensive play in years I can’t wait! And I say that after we hired a Offensive HC go figure.
    Last edited by Rambos; -03-27-2006 at 03:02 PM.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

basically everything has been going great since the loss of Martz, I give an "A."

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

theodus69 Guest

I'm thinking that the O-line should have been addressed, but Hopefully it will be taken care of in the draft or on June 1st. But all in all, a good start for Linehan and the boys in Linehanland. B+

RealRam is offline Registered User

"TODAY" is March 27: ...B+.

:clanram:
    Last edited by RealRam; -03-27-2006 at 06:14 PM.

Aries51 is offline Registered User

I also say B+.I really like the attitude and positive vibes coming out of Rams Park right now.Good signings so far and hopefully we pick up another LB and a couple of servicable OL before it's all said and done.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

bigredman Guest

I voted a B....I want to see what the end result is this coming season.

RamsFan16 Guest

I give them an A. I'm not worried about the DT position. There in the NFL the coachs will figure it out.

majorram is offline Registered User

I voted B, I'm with AV on this, the DT concerns me especially with small LB's we have...I would like to see the Rams sign Jackson, and not spent another high draft pick on the positon....we will see!!!

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I gave them a C.

I wanted to give them a D. Things could always be worse and there is still much left to prove, however, they have been average, so a D seems unfair based solely on what they did with the punter position.

ForEveryRamThatEarnsRegard

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I give them a B-. Great signings on the defensive side of the ball. Good backup QB signing.

We need to add more line depth on both side of the ball and we need a big fat NT to add to the rotation. I'm also reserving a higher grade for after the draft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast