RamWraith is offline Registered User

Give Miami a 7th--what the hell!

FINS LOOKING TO TRADE CHIDI

Word out of Miami is that the Fins are trying to trade disgruntled defensive end Chidi Ahanotu, who left the team on Wednesday in a dispute regarding his playing time or, more specifically, lack thereof.

The team's leverage in this regard is relatively low, but there could be a contending team who'd be willing to give up a seven, since if he's released after October 19 he'll have to pass through the waiver system.

Ahanotu left Wednesday, didn't return Thursday, and was ruled out for Sunday's game.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Give Miami a 7th--what the hell!

We have Little, Jackson, Hargrove, Flowers, and Fisher. If Ahanotu is mad about lack of playing time in Miami, how's he going to feel in St. Louis?

If we really want him, why not wait until he's released and try to sign him off waivers? There wasn't any interest in him in the 2004 offseason after he was let go by the *****, nor was there any offseason interest in him in 2003 after the Bills let him go. In both cases he was signed close to the start of the season.

I'd rather take my chances with our guys and then maybe adding him off waivers rather than trade a pick for a guy very few have been interested in.

With them we are the 27th ranked defense, 28th against the run and 19th against the pass. We have forced 2 turnovers and 4.5 sacks among our ends. I think we could find a little playing time for a guy that already knows the system, has 4 pressures, a sack and a couple of tackles all playing in about the span of 60 minutes. I would take my chances on the guy, I liked what he brought to St. Louis the last time he was here.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    We have Little, Jackson, Hargrove, Flowers, and Fisher. If Ahanotu is mad about lack of playing time in Miami, how's he going to feel in St. Louis?

If we really want him, why not wait until he's released and try to sign him off waivers? There wasn't any interest in him in the 2004 offseason after he was let go by the *****, nor was there any offseason interest in him in 2003 after the Bills let him go. In both cases he was signed close to the start of the season.

I'd rather take my chances with our guys and then maybe adding him off waivers rather than trade a pick for a guy very few have been interested in.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'd prefer to let our younger guys get some experience so we can see what they're made of. How are these guys supposed to develop if their playing time is being taken away by vets being brought in? Furthermore, who do you cut to make room for Ahanotu?

Don't even get me started on cuts Nick *LOL*. I have a whole list of names that are dead wood, starting with Marmie.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

No way we bring in Ahanotu. It just doesn't make sense with 5 DE's already on the active roster.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think our D-Line is pretty much set for the year. We still have Brian Howard, too, don't we?

(what happened to that guy?)