VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Give Spags credit if you want...

But the turnaround is all on our new mascot. (Why didn't we do this a long time ago?)

And a question for you knowledgeable types...why is Setterstrom on the PUP list instead of IR, (and what's the difference)?

And C), I'm officially going on record here - we do not need a 1st or 2nd round WR next year. In addition to Clayton and Avery, we have Curry, McRae and Onobun, AND, with any luck, (which looks to be turning), a healthy Alexander next year. We need Sett back, another stud OG, and some LBs.

And D), where does the question mark go, before or after the parenthesis?

(Anybody else up for the game Sunday)?

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Re: Give Spags credit if you want...

I would agree? lol

injuried reserve you cant come back till next pup list you can

before

and yes lol

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Excellent post!

(but don't forget A & B if you call out C & D)
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

We don't have McRae, he was released from the practice squad a while ago. And no offense to these guys: Curry, Avery, Amendola, Alexander, and Clayton but I definently dont think it should stop us from drafting a receiver in the first round. I would guarantee you if we had a true #1 (Justin Blackmon, I guess) we would have won 2-3 more games this year.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

We need a great wide reciver. Leave the D alone!

Dread Lord is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    We don't have McRae, he was released from the practice squad a while ago. And no offense to these guys: Curry, Avery, Amendola, Alexander, and Clayton but I definently dont think it should stop us from drafting a receiver in the first round. I would guarantee you if we had a true #1 (Justin Blackmon, I guess) we would have won 2-3 more games this year.
    You do realize Alexander is better than most of wr coming out this year (maybe not better that AJ) and the last years draft ?

He would've been first round, early second if it weren't for his knee issues.

I've read a lot of you guys aren't big fans of Avery, "we should have picked Jackson" , "we should let him go after this season" ...Ask yourself who throw the ball to Jackson and who to Avery?Michael Vick and McNabb vs Bulger.

I can't wait for the next season.Bradford arm strength, accuracy and Every speed.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Lord View Post
    You do realize Alexander is better than most of wr coming out this year (maybe not better that AJ) and the last years draft ?

I've read a lot of you guys aren't big fans of Avery, "we should have picked Jackson" , "we should let him go after this season" ...Ask yourself who throw the ball to Jackson and who to Avery?Michael Vick and McNabb vs Bulger.

I can't wait for the next season.Bradford arm strength, accuracy and Every speed.
    Don't get me wrong, I basically love every WR there. But really there is a reason we are 7-8. We are so ineffective at times on offense its ridiculous. I really think every WR we have will be better next year but what makes you think they will be too? Avery has been nothing but injured since he got here. You cant bank on a guy who has had 5 knee surgeries. Gibson and Clayton are average receivers, basically 3's on any other team. Then we have Amendola. He does it all and is a great slot receiver. We need someone who can play on the outside like Alexander and can be a WR who can stretch the field. Once again, I love all of our WR's but they have costed us games this year. I am pulling for them all and maybe we will be fine with just them, but it seems like 95% of the CLAN want a #1 and there is a reason for it.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Lord View Post

And yet Danario goes entire games without catches. Those knee issues are huge. It's all speculation as to where he might have gone if he never had any of those knee surgeries, but if any team had sincerely thought he was a first round talent, he would not have gone undrafted--bad knees not withstanding.

Also, while I supported picking Avery over Jackson, I was disappointed in his sophomore campaign. He's not a real big guy, and he's not an automatic first down in the hands department. That means we need to see the big play potential that we haven't seen since his rookie year.

In the meantime, I don't know how anyone can look at our roster and not see a need at receiver. Yes, we have some guys with potential, but right now we can't stretch the field and we don't produce many big plays. We don't have any stars. Our best are cast-offs--undrafted, traded away, signed off of practice squads. I enjoy rooting for them. I would like to see them succeed, but I don't see any of them as particularly dominant players at their position (except Amendola in his role as a returner).

Dread Lord is offline Registered User

@sosa39rams
    All rams fans should be happy we are 7-8 and have a chance to make a playoff.I know, I know we could won way more game.All those close lost game were at the beginning of the season when Sam was making a rookish plays.

I really think every WR we have will be better next year but what makes you think they will be too?

Sams maturity and confidence.Compare games from beginning of the season to last few games.Huge difference.

You cant bank on a guy who has had 5 knee surgeries

DX has made a huge difference when he got significant touches.I believe we are 3-0.
    And he is undrafted free agent so he will be dirty cheap.If we hit with him It will be huge for us, if don't it didn't cost us much.

If Avery cant stretch the field with his speed i don't know who can.

I wouldn't mind drafting WR, but I think with our current wr depth we should try them out next year, and fill other holes with current draft.If we make the playoff this year we are gonna be drafting in 20s, and by that time top 2 WR will probably be off the board.