RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Given these players and all healthy build the line you think will be best in 2009.

If these were the players on the Rams roster next year project the starting 5 and their positions that you think would perform the best if all the players were healthy.

Players Name / Height / Weight / Age they will turn in 2009
    Orlando Pace 67 325 34
    Andre Smith 65 339 22
    Alex Barron 67 315 27
    Jacob Bell 64 295 28
    Richie Incognito 63 318 26
    Mark Setterstrom 64 314 25
    Brett Romberg 6'2 298 30
    John Greco 64 314 24
    Adam Goldberg 67 318 29
    Roy Shuening 63 310 25
    Nick Leckey 63 302 27

Re: Given these players and all healthy build the line you think will be best in 2009

This is not about who you think they will play but what line you think would perform the best given the players and everyone healthy in 2009.

My Line would be:
    LT - Orlando Pace 67 325 34
    LG - John Greco 64 314 24
    C - Richie Incognito 63 318 26
    RG - Mark Setterstrom 64 314 25
    RT - Andre Smith 65 339 22

This was tough because I thought about leaving Barron in and putting Andre Smith at G. But I decided I like Setterstrom better then Barron. Setterstrom always seemed like a good tough run blocker and a smart football player. Greco seems like the same type of player. I don't think Bell is as big our physical as the rest of these players. IMO this could be a road grading OL and would fit the profile of what Devaney has been saying bigger more physical players.

This years starters that I left out:
    Alex Barron 67 315 27
    Jacob Bell 64 295 28
    Brett Romberg 6'2 298 30
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -12-21-2008 at 08:21 PM.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: Given these players and all healthy build the line you think will be best in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    This is not about who you think they will play but what line you think would perform the best given the players and everyone healthy in 2009.

My Line would be:
    LT - Orlando Pace 67 325 34
    LG - John Greco 64 314 24
    C - Richie Incognito 63 318 26
    RG - Mark Setterstrom 64 314 25
    RT - Andre Smith 65 339 22

This was tough because I thought about leaving Barron in and putting Andre Smith at G. But I decided I like Setterstrom better then Barron. Setterstrom always seemed like a good tough run blocker and a smart football player. Greco seems like the same type of player. I don't think Bell is as big our physical as the rest of these players. IMO this could be a road grading OL and would fit the profile of what Devaney has been saying bigger more physical players.

This years starters that I left out:
    Alex Barron 67 315 27
    Jacob Bell 64 295 28
    Brett Romberg 6'2 298 30
    Hum you don't see Bell putting back on weight and being a starter?
    :ramlogo:

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I see Bell being the starter again. My line would be...

Pace - Bell - Rookie - Greco - Smith (or any other rookie we draft).

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I see Bell being the starter again. My line would be...

Pace - Bell - Rookie - Greco - Smith (or any other rookie we draft).
    The post was given the players specified only, who would you have at what positions. So with that said what would your OL be? Who would be your center? Based on what you think would be the best performing OL. I agree Bell could comebback and be the starting Guard. It is intersting that you think Incognito would not make the OL. We both agreed Barron would not be a part of our 5 OL starters. I really like Setterstroms ability and potential if he comes back healthy. Its tough to project the best OL for this group of players IMO. There are several players that have shown flashes of good to great play. But there are not a lot that are sure fire picks to have a good or bad season. Pace next year could be good or horrible as well IMO. His age is catching up with him he is not as good as he used to be.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    The post was given the players specified only, who would you have at what positions. So with that said what would your OL be? Who would be your center? Based on what you think would be the best performing OL. I agree Bell could comebback and be the starting Guard. It is intersting that you think Incognito would not make the OL. We both agreed Barron would not be a part of our 5 OL starters. I really like Setterstroms ability and potential if he comes back healthy. Its tough to project the best OL for this group of players IMO. There are several players that have shown flashes of good to great play. But there are not a lot that are sure fire picks to have a good or bad season. Pace next year could be good or horrible as well IMO. His age is catching up with him he is not as good as he used to be.
    I just don't think that Cogs should be a part of this line. He's always getting hot headed and causing dumb penalties. Which is why I excluded Barron as well. Incognito almost cost us a game! We cannot have that kind of attitude on this squad.

Greco played pretty well at right guard. I think he will snag the starting spot come next year.

Pace is a hit or miss. He may come back for one good season, thus moving the rookie to right tackle. If Pace's age does sneak up on him and forces him out of the starting line up, you could say that the rookie will play LT and Barron will be plugged in at RT.

The reason I excluded Setterstrom is this guy cannot stay healthy. He's a good player! He may end up being our center or right guard next year. If he can stay healthy that is.

We will have some good depth though.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Left to right

Orlando Pace
    Jacob Bell
    Brett Rhomberg
    Jon Grecco
    Andre Smith

IzzyHigh1212 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I just don't think that Cogs should be a part of this line. He's always getting hot headed and causing dumb penalties. Which is why I excluded Barron as well. Incognito almost cost us a game! We cannot have that kind of attitude on this squad.

Greco played pretty well at right guard. I think he will snag the starting spot come next year.

Pace is a hit or miss. He may come back for one good season, thus moving the rookie to right tackle. If Pace's age does sneak up on him and forces him out of the starting line up, you could say that the rookie will play LT and Barron will be plugged in at RT.

The reason I excluded Setterstrom is this guy cannot stay healthy. He's a good player! He may end up being our center or right guard next year. If he can stay healthy that is.

We will have some good depth though.
    Arguably, Incognito's been our best offensive linemen this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Left to right

Orlando Pace
    Jacob Bell
    Brett Rhomberg
    Jon Grecco
    Andre Smith
    I find your line fairly conservative you must be a Republican.

No, I think that would be a fairly good line with the players given as choices. I could see some people debating that Greco should be replaced with Incognito. The one thing I think this line would do is reduce the penalties by not having Cogs and Barron on the line.