Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Givens sock is on the rise!

  1. #1
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,343
    Rep Power
    75

    Givens sock is on the rise!

    11 catches for 92 yards... it was not easy sledding out there today. But he made some really clutch catches in this game. He's getting better every week!


  2. #2
    citr92's Avatar
    citr92 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,327
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    what kind of socks are those?

    seems like an anti gravity sock...i like that

    socks that will never fall down

  3. #3
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,502
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    He's progressing terrificly. Like I said before (others have said it too), he reminds me so much of Jeremy Maclin. Hopefully Danny returns soon, because we have yet to see those two on the field together for most of the game.
    Rambos and Haste like this.


    THE DREAM TEAM

  4. #4
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,343
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    Ha ha I'm just so pumped right now!!!

  5. #5
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    He's progressing terrificly. Like I said before (others have said it too), he reminds me so much of Jeremy Maclin. Hopefully Danny returns soon, because we have yet to see those two on the field together for most of the game.
    they have only played 3 total games together.

  6. #6
    Tampa_Ram's Avatar
    Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bat Yam, Israel
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,957
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    givens the next holt??? i cant be the only one who sees this
    Rambos and SportsDude like this.


  7. #7
    rNemesis's Avatar
    rNemesis is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nassau
    Age
    29
    Posts
    764
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    Kid has all the tools to be something truly special. Speed and soft hands plus the ability to run all of the routes

  8. #8
    Haste is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    He really showed that he can run multiple routes today!

  9. #9
    shower beers's Avatar
    shower beers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,045
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    He's absolutely right. Look at those bad boys!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-12-02 at 8.08.34 PM.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	3251
    RamsSB99 likes this.

  10. #10
    39WillRunYaOva's Avatar
    39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    Him and Sam are really on to something these past couple weeks,it seems like all of a sudden Jeff and company have learned that he can run more than the 9 route,he has become a more complete receiver and its shows.THe chemistry is growing every game and this is a great sign especially for next year,if Quick can become a starter next year we will have Givens and QUick on the outside and Amendola in the slot.That sounds good to me,and we get Gibson and steve smith out of here and get 2 replacements for them.Im loving what im seeing from Givens

  11. #11
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    Him and Sam are really on to something these past couple weeks,it seems like all of a sudden Jeff and company have learned that he can run more than the 9 route,he has become a more complete receiver and its shows.THe chemistry is growing every game and this is a great sign especially for next year,if Quick can become a starter next year we will have Givens and QUick on the outside and Amendola in the slot.That sounds good to me,and we get Gibson and steve smith out of here and get 2 replacements for them.Im loving what im seeing from Givens
    we still could use another big time WR.

    1. Mike Wallace
    2. Chris Givens
    3. Danny Amendola
    4. Brian Quick
    5. Austin Pettis

    sounds much better than Givens, Amendola, Quick and Pettis. Especially when you consider the likelyhood that Amendola gets hurt. God would I be happy to have 3 legit receiving threats and maybe even 4 if you consider the fact Kendricks is starting to come on.
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.

  12. #12
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,343
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    Nick Wagoner

    Danny Amendola out because of a foot injury, Bradford needed someone to step in and make plays in the passing game. The answer came in the form of someone you might not expect.

    Known for his ability to make plays with the deep ball, rookie wideout Chris Givens worked underneath routes for most of the day and finished with a career high 11 catches for 92 yards.

    While that performance will severely hamper Givens’ eye popping yards per catch numbers entering the game, he certainly wasn’t complaining.

    “I just went out there and took advantage of all the mismatches and go out there and run the plays Coach calls,” Givens said. “I’m the type of athlete who’s going to go out there and give it all he’s got each Sunday, and that’s what I did.”

    Never was that more evident than a huge play Givens made on the team’s final possession in overtime. On third-and-3 from the Rams 48, Bradford fired to Givens but it was on his back hip and Givens extended to make a huge catch for 6 yards and a first down to keep the drive alive.

    “He’s come a long way and I’ve said it every week, I think he’s gotten better each week. I think he showed it today,” Bradford said. “I don’t know what his numbers were but that catch essentially won us the game. If he doesn’t make that then we probably don’t convert. It was third down so we probably had a shot on fourth, but just to keep the drive alive with that catch, it was outstanding.”

  13. #13
    39WillRunYaOva's Avatar
    39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    we still could use another big time WR.

    1. Mike Wallace
    2. Chris Givens
    3. Danny Amendola
    4. Brian Quick
    5. Austin Pettis

    sounds much better than Givens, Amendola, Quick and Pettis. Especially when you consider the likelyhood that Amendola gets hurt. God would I be happy to have 3 legit receiving threats and maybe even 4 if you consider the fact Kendricks is starting to come on.
    Oh i completely agree but i dont think we will make a move like that to trade for wallace.I think this regime plans to build through the draft but i do think we should trade for wallce or sign Greg Jennings.That would upgrade this corp greatly,so we arent starting players like Gibson lol.

  14. #14
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,844
    Rep Power
    168

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    We've seen him have success as a deep threat, so yesterday it was nice to see he can also be a chain mover when needed.

  15. #15
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,277
    Rep Power
    109

    Re: Givens sock is on the rise!

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    We've seen him have success as a deep threat, so yesterday it was nice to see he can also be a chain mover when needed.
    Danny who?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chris Givens
    By sosa39rams in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: -10-30-2012, 10:21 PM
  2. Givens in a Hurry to Help
    By Rambos in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-16-2012, 06:03 PM
  3. Rams rise to challenge ..
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-02-2009, 12:05 PM
  4. Rams On The Rise ...
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -08-18-2007, 11:23 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: -03-10-2006, 09:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •