RamWraith is offline Registered User

Glad we didn't mess around

The one sore spot I have about this off season is not making a run at L. Bentley, but the one thing I am not sorry about is that we did not enter the sweepstakes with Hutch from Seattle. I had a conversation with someone else about why I wanted Bentley over Hutch and I stated things were going to get way too drug out. And it would be too much of a waiting game. Now the Vikings have pretty much hosed themselves of the top tier free agents and might even lose out on Hutch. All that money and you can't spent it LOL
    If we would have got involved in the Hutch crap, no way would we have had a chance at Witherspoon, even if we had a bunch more money to spend.

A little tidbit
    -----------------

Vikings | Hutchinson's fate delayed
    Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:39:25 -0800

Gregg Bell, of the Associated Press, reports the future fate of Seattle Seahawks transition free agent OG Steve Hutchinson will be decided by an arbitration process. That will delay the Sunday deadline, March 19, for the team to match an offer to Hutchinson by the Minnesota Vikings. The NFL Players Association said Friday, March 17, that the league has filed a claim on behalf of the Seahawks contending a clause in the offer sheet Hutchinson signed with the Vikings last weekend circumvents the league's labor contract. The clause in question would guarantee Hutchinson the entire contract sum if Hutchinson is not the team's highest-paid offensive lineman. NFL spokesman Michael Signora confirmed that the NFL had filed the case. Richard Berthelsen, general counsel for the NFLPA, said the union will argue against the Seahawks' and league's claims. "They say the clause circumvents our collective bargaining agreement. It is our belief that it does not," Berthelsen said. Berthelsen said the union's interpretation of the issue is that the clause is permitted by the CBA because it is a "principal term" of the agreement.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -03-17-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Glad we didn't mess around

Now the Vikings have pretty much hosed themselves of the top tier free agents and might even lose out on Hutch. All that money and you can't spent it
    Wow never even thought about that great point RamWraith

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You also have to wonder - does Hutch want to play in Seattle?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The one sore spot I have about this off season is not making a run at L. Bentley
    If it makes you feel any better, Bentley was born and raised in Cleveland, went to Ohio St. and said he was going to Cleveland as soon as possible.

Nobody but the Browns had a reasonable shot at him anyway.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Yeah, Bentley seemed like the happiest player I've ever seen wearing one of those uniforms. And I'm glad we didn't tie all our money up waiting to see whether the Hutch deal would come to fruition.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I think we will be just fine with the addition of a solid back up OT.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey