THOLTFAN81 is online now Registered User

Glazer: "Shocked" If Fisher isn't Rams coach in next 48 hours

Per Jay Glazer

I'd be shocked if Fisher isn't Rams new coach in next 48 hours. He's at rams complex mtg w Bradford and others

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Glazer: "Shocked" If Fisher isn't Rams coach in next 48 hours

Glazer is taking for granted that Fisher will be impressed with Bradford. What if he isn't?

FestusRam is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Glazer is taking for granted that Fisher will be impressed with Bradford. What if he isn't?
    I think he's thinking more along the lines that Fisher is already meeting with multiple members of the Rams organization. I'd say were obviously in the lead for him as of now, and hes just doing a little tour to make sure he makes the right decision.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

There is that possibility, but Bradford is sharp, a hard worker, tough as nails, and has the full confidence of his teammates. I don't see much chance that Sam would be a deal breaker.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

As I see it, the meeting suggests there may have been some truth to Mike Silver's comment that Fisher liked but didn't love Bradford. This seems like the kind of meeting you have when you want your franchise QB to win the head coaching candidate over, dispersing with one of the last remaining hurdles before Fisher agrees to join the organization. Given that Bradford seems to be an intelligent, likeable, and dedicated player, I would be shocked if he didn't win Fisher over in this meeting.

RamSoup is offline Registered User

hey guys,
    i have just a random thought, what do u guys think the chances are that fisher would ask bradford if he was willing to restructure his contract if needed to free up more money?
    im aware we already have one of the highest free cap space, but we need to bring in as many free agents we can, not only this offseason but next offseason as well, and being "the rams" it will take some big contract offers to get good players to come to our losing franchise.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I would be shocked as well!!!

Bradford will kill it! Come on guys have you ever once heard Bradford come off anyway, other then professional. I really think this is Fisher request to tell Sam that he is 100% behind him and to not read into any reports that that he's not.

I think Sam is a big reason why any coach would come to the Rams.

Fisher handed picked Rams GM: Rams Reportedly Close to Landing Lake Dawson of Titans according to a tweet from Will Carroll of SI.com
    Franchise QB in Sam
    Cap room plenty
    High draft picks, could be a ton of picks
    Soft division in the west
    Owner that is silent, not a media freak
    A lot of young talent in place already
    Expectations are not through the roof

Again today sometime we will hear it all but official IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I really think this is Fisher request to tell Sam that he is 100% behind him and to not read into any reports that that he's not.
    I hope Fisher doesn't believe Bradford's ego to be so fragile that he has to request a meeting - before he's even accepted the job, mind you - to assure Sam that a Twitter report about how Jeff feels about Sam isn't accurate.

To me, the more logical conclusion is that Fisher just wants to meet Bradford in person, talk to him, and see what kind of QB he'd have for at least 2012 should he agree to come to the Rams. I anticipate Bradford will make him a believer, as he comes off as an intelligent and level-headed person in the interviews we've all seen.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I hope Fisher doesn't believe Bradford's ego to be so fragile that he has to request a meeting - before he's even accepted the job, mind you - to assure Sam that a Twitter report about how Jeff feels about Sam isn't accurate.

To me, the more logical conclusion is that Fisher just wants to meet Bradford in person, talk to him, and see what kind of QB he'd have for at least 2012 should he agree to come to the Rams. I anticipate Bradford will make him a believer, as he comes off as an intelligent and level-headed person in the interviews we've all seen.
    Fisher has already meet Bradford he interviewed him at the combine... what is strange is that Fisher was impressed with Bradford. Then that report comes out that he's not.

But here is all you need to know about Fisher's likely destination: Atop his list of priorities is the presence of a franchise quarterback. Despite the Rams' listless 2011 season, I'm told that's just how he sees Sam Bradford, who Fisher interviewed and liked quite a bit at the 2010 NFL Scouting Combine.
    Knowing that he and VY had such a bad relationship I would think he wants a clean slate.... Just guessing...

macrammer is offline Registered User

I think Sam and Jeff will be discussing their respective offensive philosopohy's. What Sam feels is needed to increase offensive output and of course, through this conversation does a bond develop and the two can see themselves making this team into the package they both want.

I see Sam as a good kid that is a winner and I bet this meeting is a home run for both and we see Fisher decide Rams Ram Rams

richtree is offline Registered User

good news to hear about the assistants that would be coming from the Saints too

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Fisher has already meet Bradford he interviewed him at the combine... what is strange is that Fisher was impressed with Bradford. Then that report comes out that he's not.
    Okay, so he liked him in a 15 minute Combine interview, but fast forward to now, and he probably wants a more in-depth discussion with him now to see what he'd be committing to by joining the Rams. Either way, I doubt Fisher called the meeting so that he could personally dispel Twitter comments to Sam. I'm sure they have much more important things to discuss, and again, I would hope Sam isn't insecure enough to let that kind of stuff bother him.

snackdaddy is offline Registered User

All things are pointing to a done deal. He toured the park, wants to talk to the QB, Rams are interviewing his friends for the GM position. Plus, the Rams seem to be a team that can be built on. They have all the key positions with either a proven commodity, or a rising young player; QB, RB, MLB, RDE, LDE, SS, CB. The biggest problem is the offensive line.

I know I might be in the minority, but I'm not sold on Saffold for the future LT. I think we should draft Kalil for LT and move Saffold to RT. J. Smith is rapidly approaching bust status, but the bench might be where he can figure things out. If not, his days might be over soon. We need some interior linemen on both sides of the ball.

SLSG is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by snackdaddy View Post
    All things are pointing to a done deal. He toured the park, wants to talk to the QB, Rams are interviewing his friends for the GM position. Plus, the Rams seem to be a team that can be built on. They have all the key positions with either a proven commodity, or a rising young player; QB, RB, MLB, RDE, LDE, SS, CB. The biggest problem is the offensive line.

I know I might be in the minority, but I'm not sold on Saffold for the future LT. I think we should draft Kalil for LT and move Saffold to RT. J. Smith is rapidly approaching bust status, but the bench might be where he can figure things out. If not, his days might be over soon. We need some interior linemen on both sides of the ball.

I feel the same way, but instead of Kalil who I do like a lot, I would still trade down and acquire more picks and look at LT Reiff or the OG from Stanford. The Rams could fill a few more holes by trading down and still get a top tier O-lineman. I am beginning to think OG's are the key after watching the Saints. When the OT's get beat, QB's can step up in the pocket, when the interior line gets beat, you're hosed.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    I think Sam and Jeff will be discussing their respective offensive philosopohy's. What Sam feels is needed to increase offensive output and of course, through this conversation does a bond develop and the two can see themselves making this team into the package they both want.

I see Sam as a good kid that is a winner and I bet this meeting is a home run for both and we see Fisher decide Rams Ram Rams
    Speaking of philosophies. Have you noticed Kroenkes preference to interview defensive coaches this week.? He did mention he thought a lot of the Patriot model, so its should come as no surprise, he is looking for the next Belichick.