Thread: Gm?

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Gm?

We obviously are getting a GM or someone to handle personal operations, but who is going to be does anyone know any candidates

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Gm?

Well, its not official yet, but things are looking good in my negotiations with the team. If all goes well, I should be holding my first press conference in a week.

Ram Dragoon is online now Registered User

WELL there will be some GM changes, Atlanta is the first to come to mind and perhaps in San Diego...not sure I'd want either of them for the Rams organization. Ownership and its direction will point the way to the future as to the GM and FO makeup. Sadly, not wanting Georgina any ill will and actually hope she recovers, the longer it takes for the outcome to resolve itself one way or the other, and the time it takes to get a new owner if that is going to be the case, it likely will be 2009, that the Rams can become a contender in the NFL.

Merlin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    We obviously are getting a GM or someone to handle personal operations, but who is going to be does anyone know any candidates
    I'm praying it's Vermiel. He could tie everyone together in a winning direction and the dude knows talent. Everywhere he goes talent is brought in. In Philly that team was built with peanuts for draft picks. With us Shaw and company became geniuses when he was aboard, only to resume reality when he retired. But most of all he's a great dude that knows how to make people feel good, and would lift our sad front office out of the mire it's in.

Unfortunately it probably ain't gonna happen. Shaw's hands are tied, and like Bernie has pointed out we're in limbo. If we're lucky someone in the family will give him the green light to get a GM in here but I know that's hoping for way too much.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Vermeil would be great, but does he consider himself too old to do the job? If the Spanos fire AJ Smith, I'd hire him without a second thought. His handling of the Eli Manning trade was just perfect and he can certainly find talent. Besides, maybe he'd hate Linehan and he'd get him fired too.

The Dolphins are probably going to fire their GM, but I don't think we need any more Dolphins on the staff. Also, i think Atlanta's going to keep their GM.