Thread: GM question

eauclare is offline Registered User

GM question

This is not a thread about who the new GM should be. I've already gone on record as saying I want Reese.

The bigger question is if Shaw is leaning toward getting one, shouldn't he do it ASAP. BY bringing someone in very soon, you allow the new GM to get a handle on evaluating the current roster. Who needs to be resigned and who needs to be let go. Furthermore, the combine is in February and FA begins in late February or early March.

The new GM needs to have time to build his structure or game plan prior to these events. Now Shaw may be waiting to see if he will have a new HC, but does that really matter. He mentioned that either the current or new HC will no longer have final say in draft decisions. So then why wait on a coaching decision?

The only reason to wait is if he has a current GM in mind. A successful GM will probably not leave unless the Rams offered him a lot more money, which I doubt.

Get a guy in soon that can establish a structure with Sofitil and the current scouting department. Don't bring somebody in at the final moment and then have him have to make rush decisions to get up to speed.

If Shaw is serious about this, a new GM should be hired within the next month.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: GM question

Marty Hurney is under contract with the Panther. Have to wait until he is free..

Rams appointed Tony Softli Vice President/Player Personnel. I think we have a handle on our roster. Softli also might get the GM job.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Marty Hurney is under contract with the Panther. Have to wait until he is free..
    Marty Hurney should be happy, the Panthers finally won a home game after more than a calender year. The win was against the whiners, but I guess it counts anyway.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

The win was against the whiners, but I guess it counts anyway.
    Is that the same whiners team that has beaten us the last 4 of the last 5 times we played them, that would be a yes.

Marty Hurney should be happy, the Panthers finally won a home game after more than a calender year.
    You act like his team never won in the past...

When Marty Hurney assumed general manager duties in Carolina, the Panthers were coming off a 1-15 season. Five years later, Carolina's 49 victories rank seventh in the National Football League.
    Last edited by Rambos; -12-04-2007 at 09:11 PM.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Is that the same whiners team that has beaten us the last 4 of the last 5 times we played them, that would be a yes.

You act like his team never won in the past...

When Marty Hurney assumed general manager duties in Carolina, the Panthers were coming off a 1-15 season. Five years later, Carolina's 49 victories rank seventh in the National Football League.

Yes but I'm not saying we are good, and I don't care that much for our front office. Besides I was taking a shot at the whiners, that's always fun.

John Fox & the Panthers on the other hand finally won a home game after over a calender year. A front office and coaching staff who bring in David Carr and now Vinny T at QB and haven't gotten Steve Smith any WR help. Let's just say I'm not sold on bringing that kind of stuff here.

The past??????? Aren't all you guys saying what have you done for me lately? Well what have Fox and the Panthers done lately. Not much.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Well what have Fox and the Panthers done lately.
    That is true...same can be said about Linehan sad but true.

Your right I missed that shot on the whiners my bad