Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    WestSideRamsFan Guest

Angry Go Away Slop.....

Enough of this SLOP crap. AV you disappoint me because you gave us your word that there would be no mention of it until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. And people let me get this through your head, with all our injuries LINEHAN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I am not supporting Linehan but i get sick of people blaming him all day and and making sign up sheets for this SLOP organization. Good calls were made today and we simply didnt have the luck or players to win it. If SLOP wants any respect they need to stick to their word first before expecting Linehan to his.
    Last edited by Nick; -10-07-2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Removed a borderline personal attack

Rams4Life is offline Registered User

Re: Go Away Slop.....

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRamsFan View Post
    Enough of this SLOP crap. AV you disappoint me because you gave us your word that there would be no mention of it until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs. And people let me get this through your head, with all our injuries LINEHAN IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE. I am not supporting Linehan but i get sick of people blaming him all day and and making sign up sheets for this SLOP organization. Good calls were made today and we simply didnt have the luck or players to win it. If SLOP wants any respect they need to stick to their word first before expecting Linehan to his.
    Feel how you want to about Linehan, but Rich Brooks only got 2 years because he lost his players. Sure looks to me like the same thing is happening with Linehan. The SLOP is his way of venting, i guess. It doesn't bother me and i'm beginning to sway that direction myself if this circus continues...
    Last edited by Nick; -10-07-2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Removing a borderline personal attack from the quoted post

WestSideRamsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Life View Post
    Feel how you want to about Linehan, but Rich Brooks only got 2 years because he lost his players. Sure looks to me like the same thing is happening with Linehan. The SLOP is his way of venting, i guess. It doesn't bother me and i'm beginning to sway that direction myself if this circus continues...
    Im sorry but i dont think a way of venting is an excuse to break a man's word. How i grew up a man is only a man when he sticks to his word.

Rams4Life is offline Registered User

Im sorry but i dont think a way of venting is an excuse to break a man's word. How i grew up a man is only a man when he sticks to his word.
    O.K then. Sorry

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Really? When you were growing up your understanding was that, to become a man, one had to refrain from breaking gratuitous promises made under an assumed name on internet message boards relating to a children's game played by grown men for ungodly amounts of money?

Interesting.

I always thought being a man had more to do with what one does in his actual life, but I guess I underestimated the importance of internet message board decorum in this particular equation.

Can you ever forgive me?

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

Wow what a cop out.

How is it a cop out? I've already explained my decision to bring back SLOP at length. Am I required to repeat myself merely because WSRF didn't bother to read my previous posts?

SLOP has actually become an interesting social experiment. I find the visceral reaction to a facetious mock-political campaign to be fascinating.

Where else but on the internet will total strangers get so mad about one semi-anonymous person's opinion of a football coach?

Truly fascinating.

The true cop out comes from the Linehan supporters. All any of you do is try to disprove my points. Not once have I read a single cogent reason why Linehan, as a first-time Head Coach with an 8-13 record, deserves a third year to the exclusion of the potential hiring of a proven Head Coach.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -10-08-2007 at 01:44 AM.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

SLOP doesn't bother me so much these days, I have a feeling it's going to be academic in any case barring an 11 game streak of mythical proportions.

It emerged with scant justification last year, if anything, it has more grist to add to its mill this year, so its return was inevitable.

What I would say is that all of those 'proven' head coaches required time to reach that lofty state and I'd wager it was more than a couple of seasons. Linehan, in this injury plagued annus horribilis, deserves at least another shot at showing us what he can do with a team that isn't crippled beyond all recognition.

That's one cogent reason, there are others. You either accept the premise for the reasons proffered or you don't.

I'm not apologising for him either, take one look at that damn injury list and tell me a coach who could survive that.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The true cop out comes from the Linehan supporters. All any of you do is try to disprove my points. Not once have I read a single cogent reason (that I will accept) why Linehan, as a first-time Head Coach with an 8-13 record, deserves a third year to the exclusion of the potential hiring of a proven Head Coach.
    Fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm avoiding the point again.
    Imagine that... the backspace and delete buttons work on my keyboard too!

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    What I would say is that all of those 'proven' head coaches required time to reach that lofty state and I'd wager it was more than a couple of seasons. Linehan, in this injury plagued annus horribilis, deserves at least another shot at showing us what he can do with a team that isn't crippled beyond all recognition.

That's one cogent reason, there are others. You either accept the premise for the reasons proffered or you don't.
    When I ask that someone give me a cogent reason to keep Linehan, what I'm seeking is a reason to KEEP HIM, not a reason to EXCUSE HIM for poor performance.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

The true cop out comes from the Linehan supporters. All any of you do is try to disprove my points. Not once have I read a single cogent reason why Linehan, as a first-time Head Coach with an 8-13 record, deserves a third year to the exclusion of the potential hiring of a proven Head Coach.
    Trying to turn the argument around against the people who support Linehan is fascinating also. There have been some convincing points made by some of us, they are still valid even though you don't accept them. Truly fascinating.

I don't agree with the "copout" statment on either side. There have been valid points on both sides.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

All I'm asking for is for someone to provide examples of positive qualities that have been demonstrated by Linehan and that can be presented with some form of objective data. If all you can say is "he needs more time," or "two years isn't enough," or "the injuries have taken their toll," you're not making any headway.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

When I ask that someone give me a cogent reason to keep Linehan, what I'm seeking is a reason to KEEP HIM, not a reason to EXCUSE HIM for poor performance.
    Ah AV as tempting as it is to indulge in a little word-play where we can fence over the nuances, I have a feeling it'll be poorly received .

Suffice to say that I may have anitipated your point when I stated I wasn't apologising for him and that there isn't a coach in the NFL that could survive that damn list.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Imagine that... the backspace and delete buttons work on my keyboard too!
    Weee, what fun we can have!!

Perhaps people would be more willing to provide you a single cogent reason why Linehan deserves a third year if they thought there was actually a chance you'd accept it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast