MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

good article on Saunders and his offensive philosophy

Although this article stems from Al's tenure with the Redskins, it has significance for us regarding his philosophy, and the length of time it takes to learn his offense. The good news is that here in St Louis Al's starting QB and backup QB are way ahead of the learning curve as opposed to Mark Brunell and Jason Campbell. Add to that Torry's knowledge and Orlando Pace's. In Washington it appears at least part of the O-line and Brunell were resistant to Al's scheme. That will not be the case here.

It's the off-season, and not much news ... so sit back and have a good read:

Of Two Minds On Offense - washingtonpost.com

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: good article on Saunders and his offensive philosophy

Thanks Maui, good read.

And yes, I too find it most interesting to imagine Coach Saunders doing what he does best but with several players / weapons that he might re-discover as high performance tools who in turn may produce for him what he never accomplished with other offenses. // It's the optimistic's view, okay; nevertheless, I believe it is quite probable that Al Saunders will enjoy the results of this season.

Considerably so.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Good read. Saunders better have full control of our offense. Lamehan shouldnt be allowed near the offense..ever.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I really hope Saunders can make the most out of our O. I am faithful that S-Jax, Bulger and holt can all learn this playbook. The rest of the O are big question marks. But I think having those three guys understand is the key to the rest of the O.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I wonder how much patience Saunders is going to have concerning Marc Bulger and learning the system? Especially with Trent Green as the back-up, a guy that knows the system and Al Saunders very well.