Thread: The Good News..

supachump is offline Registered User

Talking The Good News..

Sure, we lost a game in New York that we possibly could of won. However, I can sometimes be a great optimist and therefore wanted to start a thread about the good things I saw yesterday.

First things first. Alex Barron did a pretty durn good job in pass protection. I could be wrong, but I do not think he allowed a sack. The only time Strahan downed Bulger, he had to completely avoid Barron and take on another linemen. The rookie looked like a seasoned vet while making the seasoned vet look like a rookie. If Barron can keep developing and can be as affective in the running game--- i hate to say we solved our RT problem --- but if we havent solved it completely, we sure made a HUGE stride forward with Barron stepping in. Half way through the game I realized I was no longer worried on every down that Bulger was going to get smashed by someone blowing by the RT.

Although Bulger made some stupid throws into double and triple and what sometimes looked like quadruple coverage, he did a pretty good job. He made the completions and moved the ball. Unfortunately the offense got off to a slow start (again), but if we can correct that problem, then we are going to be fine on offense. I long for those days when we completely freaked out the opposing players by opening our first drive with some explosive bomb down the field.

The defense did a pretty darn good job stopping the run. Sure, it wasn't as good as previous weeks. But Barber is a good back. Although I think the Rams could of done better in run defense, all in all I think they did a pretty good job relative to the leaks from last year.

The secondary did horrible. But we knew that was going to be the case all off season. Teams are going to continue to light the Rams up like this all year. Our only hope is that the dline will get more pressure on the Qback. Eli had all day, it was unacceptable. However, I know the dline can deliver some pressure. If we can get the dline to not only stop the run, but get more pressure on the qback (like previous games), it will help conceal our problems in the secondary.

This game hurt. No doubt about it. But, I am going to focus on the positives and look at the glass half full. As long as we can stay ahead in our division, anything can happen in the playoffs.

I won't ignore the glaring problems, but I'll focus on anything but. GO RAMS!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: The Good News..

The improving return skills of Chris Johnson were also cause to be encouraged about something.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

There weren't any punts returned for TDs against the Rams either.

Rambos is online now Registered User

Martz just spoke, said he did not and will not show the film to the players, no time we have to get ready for next week. Said Alex played very good and he did!

I agree take what we can from this and move on, i think Alex is going to make the O click.

supachump is offline Registered User

How could I forget about the special teams?! Thanks for reminding me.

Johnson looked good. I was feeling much better about our special teams during the game. Keep that momentum up!! Get our offense into decent field position and good things will happen.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos
    I agree take what we can from this and move on, i think Alex is going to make the O click.
    "Click" being the absolute key word. Until the OL has a chance to do just that, we'll continue to struggle at times on offense. If we can get the OL working as a cohesive unit, we'll be in business. The sooner the better with some old friends coming to town next week.