Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Falconator Guest

    Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    The good news for those of you that want to keep Jim Haslett as your head coach is this......

    no team in the NFL is in a hurry to hire Jim Haslett as their new head coach or new defensive coordinator - so, you have absolutely no worries that someone is going to "steal away" Jim Haslett if you wait too long to make Haz the head coach - their is no "too long"........

    Haslett will be available in April if the Rams still don't have a head coach.


  2. #2
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,153
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    The good news for those of you that want to keep Jim Haslett as your head coach is this......

    no team in the NFL is in a hurry to hire Jim Haslett as their new head coach or new defensive coordinator - so, you have absolutely no worries that someone is going to "steal away" Jim Haslett if you wait too long to make Haz the head coach - their is no "too long"........

    Haslett will be available in April if the Rams still don't have a head coach.
    Do I sense a bit of sarcasm from the one and only Falconator?


  3. #3
    Falconator Guest

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    brilliant observation!

    but in all seriousness, I think it does "say a lot" that I don't really think their is going to be any strong desire for any new head coaches to hire Jim Haslett as a DC....

  4. #4
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,153
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    brilliant observation!

    but in all seriousness, I think it does "say a lot" that I don't really think their is going to be any strong desire for any new head coaches to hire Jim Haslett as a DC....
    Only the SHADOW knows.......

  5. #5
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    brilliant observation!

    but in all seriousness, I think it does "say a lot" that I don't really think their is going to be any strong desire for any new head coaches to hire Jim Haslett as a DC....
    I could be wrong, but is he not still under contract. That is to say, he's not really available, is he?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  6. #6
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I could be wrong, but is he not still under contract. That is to say, he's not really available, is he?

    I can't say I know the answer to that, but if he were "available", I'm sure there's some high school team out there that would love to have him

  7. #7
    Falconator Guest

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I can't say I know the answer to that, but if he were "available", I'm sure there's some high school team out there that would love to have him
    good point Moloch........I bet Haz could have his pick of several high school jobs.. - maybe even the HC position.

  8. #8
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,153
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    good point Moloch........I bet Haz could have his pick of several high school jobs.. - maybe even the HC position.
    I don't know but I'm thinking the Falcons could use a new DC?

  9. #9
    Falconator Guest

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    we need more players for sure.......defense will be MAJORLY addressed for the Falcons over the offseason. Brian VanGorder has been the DC for one season so he has not had near the time to promote success that Haslett has had for the Rams. Yes, the Falcons defense must improve - BVG will get at least one more year to prove he is the man for the job.

    I can promise you that Haz is not on anybody's radar to be a DC on another NFL team - why would another NFL team be interested in Haz?

  10. #10
    tdog08's Avatar
    tdog08 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    24
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    He has to wait other teams are reported interest in him as a DC

  11. #11
    Falconator Guest

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    Quote Originally Posted by tdog08 View Post
    He has to wait other teams are reported interest in him as a DC
    who? name one? link?

  12. #12
    mde8352gorams's Avatar
    mde8352gorams is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Age
    61
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    Quote Originally Posted by Falconator View Post
    I can promise you that Haz is not on anybody's radar to be a DC on another NFL team - why would another NFL team be interested in Haz?

    That says it all right there. "....why would another NFL team be interested in Haz?"

    We need to find a better HC who will bring in talented coordinators and evaluate players better than anyone we've had in the organization since Dick Vermiel and I daresay since Jack Faulkner. Moloch said it right, "there must be some High School team in need of a football coach." This guy has got to go now!

    I curious to learn how the interview went with Rex Ryan yesterday.

    Go Rams!

  13. #13
    Falconator Guest

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    I predict that Rex Ryan gets the Rams job.

  14. #14
    Tony Soprano's Avatar
    Tony Soprano is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jersey
    Age
    50
    Posts
    1,373
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    .
    Haslett will be available alright - there's no problem there.



    .

  15. #15
    cfh128's Avatar
    cfh128 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    776
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Good News for the fans of "Keep Jim Haslett"

    There was a report that Green Bay was interested in Haslett for the DC job.

    And I read a rumor just a little while ago that Rex Ryan has emerged as the front runner for the Jets head coaching job, partially due to his expertise with the 34 defense

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Postgame With Gordo, Dec. 30
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -12-31-2007, 03:31 PM
  2. J. Thomas Live, 12-27
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-28-2007, 11:46 AM
  3. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-21-2007, 10:18 AM
  4. Football Fans
    By UtterBlitz in forum Articles by Utterblitz
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: -09-03-2006, 04:20 PM
  5. Head Coach Scott Linehan--Sept. 1
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -09-01-2006, 11:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •