Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BM_Face is offline Registered User

Re: Good News Regarding SJAX

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    While i agree this is good news, i point out that the legal significance is that no "criminal" charges are being filed. That does not mean that jackson didnt do it and it doesnt mean that there will not be a civil case. What it means is that the prosecutors didnt believe that there was evidence that would enable them to PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it.

A civil case is different (proof by a preponderance of the evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt). I agree that there is likely to be a lawsuit and that there may well be a settlement, but from my perspective, this whole thing started because the parties couldnt reach a settlement and the value of the no publicity was much greater before the story broke initially, since a good deal of the damage has already been done.

In short, good news, but the story isnt over. As it relates to the Rams, the issue is one of distraction for jackson. As long as this drags on, it cant possibly help his focus on the field. Not saying it will hurt, but he is only human, and this sure cant help.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    You are right of course, but a civil suit for Domestic battery when the cops couldn't even find enough evidence to file criminal charges is very thin. Unless she has some evidence that could be permitted in civil, and not criminal court, it will be very hard for her to get a favorable ruling. I smelled BS on her story from a mile away.

A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Re: Good News Regarding SJAX

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    While i agree this is good news, i point out that the legal significance is that no "criminal" charges are being filed. That does not mean that jackson didnt do it and it doesnt mean that there will not be a civil case. What it means is that the prosecutors didnt believe that there was evidence that would enable them to PROVE beyond a reasonable doubt that he did it.

A civil case is different (proof by a preponderance of the evidence, not beyond a reasonable doubt). I agree that there is likely to be a lawsuit and that there may well be a settlement, but from my perspective, this whole thing started because the parties couldnt reach a settlement and the value of the no publicity was much greater before the story broke initially, since a good deal of the damage has already been done.

In short, good news, but the story isnt over. As it relates to the Rams, the issue is one of distraction for jackson. As long as this drags on, it cant possibly help his focus on the field. Not saying it will hurt, but he is only human, and this sure cant help.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    thank you Professor Counsel. man it was like i was back in 1st year Torts whoo gave me chills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12