Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

good week for the rams-nfl results

seattle lost and hass got hurt (i dont know how bad, but that injury could dramatically impact our entire season). carolina, washington, philly all lost. the only relevant game without the desired result was atlanta beating pitt.

All told, these are good results for us. The hass injury is critical, if he is hurt badly enough that he cant play in two weeks for our return engagement vs. seattle, that would be a HUGE break for us.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: good week for the rams-nfl results

Yahoooooooooo! What a great day of football. :r

SJackson39 is offline Registered User

tied for 1st place now

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Good day, but I'd rather beat them with Hass under center. Hope he's not been dinged that badly and can come back for the return.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Good day, but I'd rather beat them with Hass under center. Hope he's not been dinged that badly and can come back for the return.
    Agreed, we need to show people we can beat them while Hass and/or Alexander is in playing. But then again, I don't care because a W is a W and I'll take it any Sunday.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by SJackson39
    tied for 1st place now
    Same record, but Seattle has all the tie-breakers.......for now. Still, it's great to be right in the thick of the division.

Quote Originally Posted by general council
    The hass injury is critical, if he is hurt badly enough that he cant play in two weeks for our return engagement vs. seattle, that would be a HUGE break for us.
    I also hope Hasselbeck's injury isn't too serious, he's a great competitor and I would feel cheated if we beat them without him. That said, injuries are part of the game and if he can't go, so be it.

While i dont particulary wish ill will in the form of injuries on others, i will say this. Seattle, trying to win the superbowl, left plenty of cap on the table and didnt go out and get a proven vet backup at either qb or rb. Injuries are part of the game. I want to win. We have a better chance of beating them without hass than with him. Thus, i would rather he didnt play. Call me a bad guy if you want, but i didnt see anyone around here saying that they wished alexander was playing last week.

At the end of the day, a win is a win and no one will remember much later about who played and who didnt. Early reports are a strain on ;the knee for hass, no tear, 1-4 weeks.

I personally would rather win the division, rather than worry about whether someone elses team was at full strength when i played them or not.

Leaving money on the table cap wise without getting adequate depth is a debacle from the front office. Its the same thing that everyone on this board was screaming about for years with martin, chandler etc. While i appreciate that he is talented, i would MUCH rather play seattle with senaca wallace at qb than hass. The division title will not be tarnished in my eyes if we win it because hass missed a few weeks.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Not worried at all, I'd just rather beat them when they are at full strength. We've done it before, no reason why we can't do it again.

We'd be a better team for it.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Call me a bad guy if you want
    Call you a bad guy, GC thats the way it is. I'm sure the Hags fans where heart broken last year when Bruce,Holt,Marc and Martz where not a factor.

I'm with, I don't wish harm to any players, but when they go down well, time to go to the bench.
    Last edited by Rambos; -10-22-2006 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Call me a bad guy if you want, but i didnt see anyone around here saying that they wished alexander was playing last week.
    I actually said this GC:

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    I'd love to see Alexander ready and able to play on Sunday, although that doesn't seem likely. A win against a team that is minus their number one weapon will leave questions. I'd rather keep the questions to a minimum.

Adamjk is offline Registered User

I bet Seattle fans weren't too bothered that we were without Bulger, Holt and Bruce as well as Steven Jackson carrying injuries for parts of last season, so I won't complain if we benefit from injuries having an effect on their season

mike, my apologies for not remembering your quote regarding alexander prior to the first game. Reasonable people can differ on this point.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Call you a bad guy, GC thats the way it is. I'm sure the Hags fans where heart broken last year when Bruce,Holt,Marc and Martz where not a factor.

I'm with, I don't wish harm to any players, but when they go down well, time to go to the bench.
    Good point! they beat us last year when we also had major injuries to our star players. And i don't think they felt sorry for us at all. However! it would be sweeter to beat them at their best just to make the win more satisfying.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'm also glad San Diego is looking vulnerable. The way the Chiefs were throwing points on the board against them (I think they were up 20-3 at one point), you have to like our chances to pull out a victory next week. I mean this was a struggling Chiefs team with Damon Huard at QB.

That Atlanta game may not have worked out to our advantage, but it was a thriller. The Falcons threw out all the stops--forcing fumbles, blitzing from all over, an onside kick in the first half, and even Vick firing bombs on target all evening.

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    mike, my apologies for not remembering your quote regarding alexander prior to the first game. Reasonable people can differ on this point.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Not a problem my friend. Absolutely nothing wrong with wanting every advantage possible to get a win, especially against an intense division rival. While I would rather beat the opposition at full strength, if a win comes against a opponent dealing with injuries, I'll still take it every time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast