Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Goodbye

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

Goodbye

I have decided it is no longer worth being a member of this forum. I am a Rams fan until the day I die. But there are way too many fans here who feel it an absolute imperative to trash their own team. Trash their own players. And trash any fan who tries to stay positive and support his team through thick and thin, winning and losing. It is not even possible to have a single solitary thread on this whole forum dedicated to being and staying positive without trashers coming in to fling crap. I am not a one man army, but here, in a forum supposed for Rams fans I pretty much stand alone. So I am out of here. I can watch my team, support my team, and even discuss my team with others, without having to put up with the self hate, and team hate spewing from so called fans here.

I can't find any way to deactivate or delete my profile so I will have to ask the mods to do it for me. You may now go back to trashing your own team without having me to ruin your hate fest.
    Goodbye.
    live4ramin likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Goodbye

Seems like a colossal overreaction, but the choice is yours. I wish you well!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rampingitup View Post
    I have decided it is no longer worth being a member of this forum. I am a Rams fan until the day I die. But there are way too many fans here who feel it an absolute imperative to trash their own team. Trash their own players. And trash any fan who tries to stay positive and support his team through thick and thin, winning and losing. It is not even possible to have a single solitary thread on this whole forum dedicated to being and staying positive without trashers coming in to fling crap. I am not a one man army, but here, in a forum supposed for Rams fans I pretty much stand alone. So I am out of here. I can watch my team, support my team, and even discuss my team with others, without having to put up with the self hate, and team hate spewing from so called fans here.

I can't find any way to deactivate or delete my profile so I will have to ask the mods to do it for me. You may now go back to trashing your own team without having me to ruin your hate fest.
    Goodbye.
    Heh! You think it's bad here...ya'll oughta visit the Post-Dispatch board. Now there's some serious trashing!!!

On second thought maybe it is best that you don't.

You don't sound like the type who could handle it...

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I think you'll find most members are MORE than happy to give positive commentary and feedback when they witness things to be positive about. But it's awfully tough when the Rams have given us very little to cheer about over the last decade. I believe they've had 4 or 5 winning seasons in the last 20 years. It's the same nonsense year after year. You start out the year with high hopes- especially in light of last year's improvement- and they give us 4 turds in a row.

Fans bash their team in every sport when they expect more. Hell, the Phillies won 102 games this year, and you should hear Phillies fans now. Ditto for the Yankees. And these are GOOD teams. Do you REALLY think the Rams shouldn't be criticized for what we've dealt with year after year??

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Good luck.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Bye Bye. (oh wait, he's not around to read this).

Hey, I'm saying goodbye too, but for the opposite reason. (OK, more like until we meet again!). I've run out of expletives, and things to complain about after 20 years. It's tiring writing down all my frustration. My fingers are sore. So many things to complain about, and only so many characters allowed per post. (is there? actually I've seen some long posts, so maybe it's unlimited?)

Anyway, it's the coaching, no it's the offensive line, no it's our bad drafting, no wait, it's our secondary and our receiving core. but don't worry, new ownership will fix this, etc...., etc...., etc....

0-4.

Foortee Niinners killed Tampa, that was basically a nail in our coffin.

GO RAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Lol guy can't handle people calling like it is. And the beat goes on.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

What are you talking about? Were 0-4, what else could I have wished for? Not being able to accept criticism is for the weak. Cya later!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rampingitup View Post

Goodbye.
    Sure thing. You betcha.

See you next week.
    Ramone likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Hey, this is the guy who wears rose colored glasses...well, Rams colored glasses.

I've been around for a long time, and I don't plan on leaving anytime before the good Lord makes me leave. I've said good things about the Rams when things went bad - just ask anyone, I kept supporting Bulger longer than everyone else. I found positives even when Linehan did his worst.

You won't find a better bunch of Rams fans anywhere...some of us try, really try, to stay posiitive. Others just say what they feel, and I can't blame them as long as they keep it civil.

Good luck.
    Nick, jkramsfan and macrammer like this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

It is not like we are whack job fans complaining and the Rams are 4-0. We are 0-4 and slowly regressing. Welcome to a world with freedom of speech.

Visit any teams boards and you will see this. Stadiums wouldn't empty if every fan was just happy and laughing even though there team was not doing well at all.

Deuces.
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I think what you may be missing on this sight is, except for a couple of posters, the majority of the posts on here are well thought out.

I don't know of many posters that blindly criticize the team but honestly the ones that try to stay positive, myself including, are pretty much running on blind faith. : )
    HUbison likes this.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    Heh! You think it's bad here...ya'll oughta visit the Post-Dispatch board. Now there's some serious trashing!!!

On second thought maybe it is best that you don't.

You don't sound like the type who could handle it...
    Seriously.

Wish you the best.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

While I offered the respect of posting about something positive in his thread, I knew the thread couldn't remain untarnished. It was naive to think it would. I thought about running a pool to see who would tarnish it.

The bottom line is this: people are pissed. You can either deal with it, or you cannot. If you cannot deal with it and need to leave, just leave. It is just another decision in life, so make the decision and do it.

For the forseeable future, we are all going to be cranky, at best, and possibly violence-prone, at worst.
    ramsanddodgers and macrammer like this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Dude... after 238 posts, I don't think you're really entitled to some grand "Goodbye" thread.

That's like a special 2 hour series finale for "My 2 Dads" or "Joanie Loves Chachie."
    live4ramin likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast