Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By rNemesis
  • 1 Post By Nick

Thread: For gooness sakes offense, please give us a chance to win this game!!!!

rNemesis is offline Registered User

For gooness sakes offense, please give us a chance to win this game!!!!

I've been hearing about all this talk about the upcoming game on Sunday in HOU against the Texans. Well, first let me start off by saying that we must NEVER forget that we are the RAMS and we are usually the "cure for all ailments". That being said, I am just asking that the offense PLEASE COME AND SHOW UP FOR THIS GAME!!! Without you guys, we do not stand a chance in this game and it could get ugly real quick because Houston is a team that can score points, and in a hurry also if need be. The reason I say this is because our defense, although they have taken quite a step back, are still playing well enough to keep our team in games. But the offense goes into their usual "shell" and just caves in, comes out with the vanilla stuff, and quickly goes 3-and-out. WE CANNOT have that this game!!!

I am fully aware that the defense needs to shade coverage on Andre Johnson and try to contain the run game of Arian and Ben, but I feel that the weight of the game is NOT on their shoulders. The weight of this game is on the OFFENSE. They need to come out and establish themselves EARLY and often. I AM BEGGING YOU OFFENSE!! PULL THROUGH!! DONT go in that shell and get really conservative, because everyone is sick and tired of it. Get Cook and Austin involved as they are two key weapons on offense. Contain JJ Watt as much as possible:- I know its tough but with help it can be done. Keep Bradford upright and he should be able to deliver ( i dont trust him enough yet to say WILL ) Receivers, CATCH THE DAMN FOOTBALL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD; still WAAY too many drops.

To sum it all up, I feel VERY confident in our chances this weekend, thats IF, a big IF, the offense can come out and establish themselves (as well as tempo) EARLY and throughout the whole game. In this manner, we would be putting the pressure on them and forcing Matt Schaub into more throws and hopefully another pick six, lol. In other words, and I know we are largely incapable of doing this, I think if we want to beat them, we will have to outscore them. We dont want to fall behind early and play catch up, this team is not built for that yet. It already is a mismatch on paper because our offense sucks balls and their defense is pretty stout. So its very important for our O to get going in this contest!!

PS. Special Teams.... STOP COMMITTING the stupid penalties and give the returner a chance ...GEEZ!!!
    RealRam likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: For gooness sakes offense, please give us a chance to win this game!!!!

Interestingly enough, the Rams are averaging two more points per game than the Texans this season, while they are allowing only 0.4 points more than the Texans defense.

But putting up points quickly and not getting behind early has not been a specialty for this Rams team through the season so far. The Rams are being outscored 40-75 in the first half this season, and 24 of those 40 first half points came in one game against the Jags.

Ultimately, I think the key (and obvious) match-up is going to be Foster/Tate against the Rams' run defense. And frankly, I just don't think the Rams are going to have an answer for that, especially if the Texans get an early lead and feel like they can just pound the ball.
    DE_Ramfan likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Interestingly enough, the Rams are averaging two more points per game than the Texans this season, while they are allowing only 0.4 points more than the Texans defense.
    Then PLEASE explain something to me...

Why is it that when I look at the Texans, I see a legitimate team having some issues, but when I look at the Rams, I see a team riddled with problems?

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Houston coming off a big let-down against Seattle and a thrashing by the niiiners. They're back at home, odd's wise, I'd have to give them the nod.

However, agree with the first post, please just have the offense show up and play a good game and give us a chance. In order to remain in the playoff hunt, we were required to win one of the games against ATL/DALL/SF. Having not even come close to getting one of those wins, we now need to win a higher percentage on the back-side of the schedule and, stating the obvious, beating Houston could make up for not getting the W in that other stretch.

GO RAMS!

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    Then PLEASE explain something to me...

Why is it that when I look at the Texans, I see a legitimate team having some issues, but when I look at the Rams, I see a team riddled with problems?
    Well Sam, I can't argue that we've got some problems. The question is, do we have any solutions?

Look for the Rams to help keep Schaub's streak alive. J.J. is overdue to take one to the house, thereby extending Schaub's streak to 5 games in a row! That's Jenkins by the way, not Watt ..

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User
    Don't underestimate Texans tight end either

Sent from my Samsung using Forum Runner

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Seriously, I just hope the Rams can stop the Texan's running game. Its the best chance the Rams have at victory. Am sure the Rams can score some points, but the Rams can't allow the Texans to control the clock and dictate to the Rams how thy will pay. If the Texans force the Rams to have to throw the ball, its likely a loss for the Rams

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    ... The question is, do we have any solutions?

Look for the Rams to help keep Schaub's streak alive. J.J. is overdue to take one to the house, thereby extending Schaub's streak to 5 games in a row! That's Jenkins by the way, not Watt ..
    That would be sooo great!

Seriously, I just hope the Rams can stop the Texan's running game. It's the best chance the Rams have at victory. Am sure the Rams can score some points, but the Rams can't allow the Texans to control the clock and dictate to the Rams how they will play. If the Texans force the Rams to have to throw the ball, its likely a loss for the Rams.
    -- Ram Dragoon
    Makes sense. I hope ZStacy has a real good, productive game! Come'on Rams OL!!!
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-13-2013 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Quote

MACD is offline Registered User

"Hello"
    Signed,
    The Rams

RealRam is offline Registered User

This win vs HOU has got to improve team morale and momentum going into Carolina.

Rams offense has GOOD weapons!

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Well it seems today our offense was good enough to win this game as the defense seemed to struggle a little but came up with key turnovers at crucial moments of the game. I would conclude that Offense was better unit overall today despite the lack of BIG numbers