RamWraith is offline Registered User

Gordo Live: 1-21 Shaw is on his way out the door?

Gordo Live
    By Jeff Gordon
    Monday, January 21, 2008

Joan Hammond: I've always been told there is no such thing as a dumb question--so here goes.
    When I'm watching the football game on TV, there is a colored line at the yard line that comes and goes. How do they do that??

Jeff Gordon: The technology, "1st and 10," is offered by a company called Sportvision. It is a complex process, naturally, but here is a snippet from the Wikipedia explanation of it: "There are seven computers in total and a crew of 4 people. Two crew members, one inside the stadium and one in front of a computer, communicate the position of the real first down line to make sure everything is working. Another crew member is a troubleshooter. The last crew member monitors the various colors that will make up the color palette onto which the line is drawn." For more on it, Google up "1st and 10" on the Internets . . .
    =================
    Mike: It appears to me that the most important qualification for being hired as a Linehan assistant is to have been a Linehan cronie at some time in the past. Is that a common practice among head coaches? Martz sacraficed the 2004 and 2005 seasons to keep Larry Marmie employed, will we suffer the same fate with Linehan's cronies?

Jeff Gordon: It is common for coaches to hire their buddies, yes. In this case, with Linehan shaping up as a lame duck in 2008, he will have a tough time hiring somebody he has no previous connection with.
    ===================
    Nick: Hi Gordo,

As the Rams approach the draft with several major holes to fill, what are the chances they trade down in the first round? Since either Dorsey or McFadden will be available at #2, it seems like a lot of teams would be interested. Your thoughts?

Jeff Gordon: That is a possibility, but probably only for a few slots. The Rams need to get an impact guy. Increasingly, I like Chris Long for that pick -- since others have comvinced me that Jake Long isn't a slam-dunk pick at tackle.
    =====================
    Big Thirsty: WOW, can things get anyworse for the rams. I mean what do we do now. We stink, The owner just died i mean give me a break. Is there any reason to think we can even be competetive next year. Or should i hold a garage sale and get rid of all my rams stuff and buy a head stone that says R.I.P Rams Nation...

Jeff Gordon: Bernie's assessment of Chip Rosenbloom is encouraging, but it's tough to predict how long it will take him to change leadership. I'm sure he's put some thought into this responsibility, but we may not know his vision for the franchise for some time. The family needs time to grieve Georgia's passing.

This will be an intriguing offseason, for sure. But in the NFL, the future is never bleak. With good management, franchise's can turn around in a year or two.
    =================
    Big Thirsty: Who are we going to get for offensive cordinator. I think Cam Cameron would be a great fit for us. Do you think linehan will hire another loser from his past.

Jeff Gordon: Trouble is, the in-demand guys like Cameron and Billick can be picky. They can sit back, collect their money from their old employers and wait for an ideal opporunity. The Rams, with Linehan serving as a lame duck, do not provide an ideal opportunity. So the team will likely get a position coach looking to move up to coordinator job.
    ==================
    Big Thirsty: Do you think we will make a serious run at Alan Fanaca in the offseason

Jeff Gordon: I'm sure Linehan will want to do that, but why would any top free agent pick the Rams right now? Again, the lame-duck regime is at a disadvantage.
    =====================
    Big Thirsty: What defensive free agents will we be looking at in the offseason.

Jeff Gordon: The Rams still decide what the coaching staff will look like and what scheme they will play. Also, the front office must decide what to do with Little, Pace and Bruce -- three players eating up some cap space.

So it's tough to assess their FA game plan. But again, I wouldn't expect this regime to gain a whole lot in free agency, given the lame-duck nature of the coach.
    ======================
    Big Thirsty: So when do you think the Rams will relocate back to california.

Jeff Gordon: Bernie cautions us not to presume a Rams move back to LA, since Chip Rosenbloom appreciates the support the franchise got here in St. Louis. But nothing is forever, especially with the potential of the franchise going up for grabs.

If Stan Kroenke could get the team, that would help St. Louis a lot. But the NFL would have to change its rules to allow that.
    ========================
    Garin: Hi Jeff , I am curious as to why Linny did not sack Wayne Moses and Willy Robinson at the same time he gave Paul Boudreau the boot and removed Greg " predictable " Olson from his title , seems like more sense if you are cleaning house to do it all in one fail swoop and not leave a pile of dust laying around.

Jeff Gordon: Well, the running backs were fine. I especially like how Antonio Pittman got worked into the mix, giving the team three quality backs. And the secondary held up most of the year despite losing top cornerbacks Fakhir Brown and Tye Hill for big chunks. Atogwe has become an impact safety and Ron Bartell progressed well.
    ========================
    Jim Glines: What happened during the Linehann meetings with Shaw and Zuggy in Los Angeles. I think fans expected to see 'major shakeup' in the coaching staff, yet nothing real has been forthcoming. Now with Georgia's death, how will that impace the ability of the Rams to act decisively on their selection of a new Offensive Coordinator and other major coaching needs?
    So many questions; so few answere!

Jeff Gordon: This is Chip Rosenbloom's team now. And it may take him awhile to get involved, for obvious reasons. So, no, the LA summit was not going to generate major change under those circumstance. Shaw is likely on his way out -- and Shaw is the guy that forces major change.
    ===========================
    Francisco Prado: Gordo, My condolences and sincere grief goes to Georgia's family. I knew that day would come and my heart goes out to her loved ones she left behind. St. Louis fans should appreciate that Georgia brought them a team to the Gateway to the West. I've been a Rams fan since I knew a thing or two about football. Trough good times and bad times I have always been there with my Rams. I've been to games at Anaheim and St. Louis to root for them.

Now for the first time I have doubts who will be or what will it be for the future of the ownership of this franchise. I never knew another owner other than Georgia for the Rams. I just hope that the next "true" owner is a football person with passion that will lead this team to better results. Like they said, It all starts at the top. God bless Georgia, and thank you for the memories.

Jeff Gordon: Thanks for your thoughts. We must remember that this is a difficult time for all of Georgia's friends and family members.
    =====================
    donsods: Gordo--any reason for the assistant coach firings this week? I never quite understand that--do they not teach well or is it something else?

Jeff Gordon: After a 3-13 finish, change is inevitable. None of the coaches did a good enough job, obviously. Are the ones staying lucky or unlucky?
    ========================
    Tim: If you could how would you reconstruct tis rams offenive line?

Jeff Gordon: To me, having Pace, Setterstrom, Romberg and Incognito healthy automatically reconstructs the line. The Rams should add a strong third tackle -- a potential starter, given Pace's injury woes and Barron's issues -- and enhance the interior line depth as well. But the big investment should be made at tackle, for obvious reasons.
    =======================
    carp fan: Hey Gordo,

I know that the Rams have a lot of improving to do, but could some of their failures in both the running and passing game be attributed to NOT having an actual fullback? I look at the playoff teams, with Lorenzo Neal, Heath Evans... the fullback has been sorta phased out in the last few years, but to not have one on your roster at all?

Jeff Gordon: The Rams need somebody better than Owens as a lead blocker in the run game, yes. Brian Leonard is fine as the pass-blocking back. A run-blocking FB is going to get limited work in this offense, so that guy needs to be inexpensive and outstanding on special teams.

The big problem this season was the obliteration of the offensive line. When overmatched players like Nick Leckey are starting, it doesn't matter who is playing fullback.
    ==================
    Tim: if you had a choice betwwen Jake Long, Chris Long or Glenn Dorsey who would you tak at No. 2 or would you take anyone else for that matter?

Jeff Gordon: I'd take Chris Long, on a flip from Jake. People who follow this stuff closely say he is the better player. He is ready to help right now, which is what the team needs at that pick.
    ==================
    carp fan: Just one more... I've heard that Bruce and the Rams are discussing bringing Ike back as a slot guy. Does this mean that they would look to draft a wideout... say in the second round? What would this mean for Drew Bennet?

Jeff Gordon: Bennett's contract will earn him another chance. Derek Stanley's strong finish will earn him a look, too. But I could see the team drafting a WR -- although it may come later, since Holt/Bennett/Bruce is a pricey top 3.
    =====================
    Jack Cramond: Gordo,

having been a ram fan for 40 years, I do not feel that I have ever felt as much despair and uncertainty I do now. The rams are in bad shape with practically no hope for the 2008. It looks like a 3-13 season will be the best that the team will do next season. with the same people running the show, nothing will get better. Can you tell me when and if the rams will have new ownership. Will anything happen before the start of the 08' seson?? Thanks.

Jeff Gordon: The Rams could do a lot better than 3-13 by simply getting healthier on the offensive line and by fresheningly up the supporting cast. It's time to cycle out the Claude Wrotens and Dominique Byrds and cycle in a few more Clifton Ryans and Adam Carrikers.
    =====================
    Brian from Vegas: Gordo,
    What are you hearing about the chances of a full recovery by Orlando Pace? With all the problems the Rams have on the Offensive Line, can they count on Pace coming back at full strength next year and then pass on Jake Long to take someone like Chris Long? I prefer the Rams take Jake Long, just in case Pace cannot come back, but even if he does, at least there is a succession plan in place and big Jake can help on short yardage.

Jeff Gordon: Pace should recover from this injury, but you do have to wonder about his durability for the rest of his career. For that reason, the team does need to add a tackle. But is Jake the right guy, at that pick? Many expects are dubious.
    =======================
    Mitch From San Diego: Oh the humanity! I was listening to NFL radio the other day when someone listed all of the qualified former head coaches available it occurred to me that with all these guys are out there and we get to look forward to another year of losehan.

Do we need anymore evidence of losehan's incompetence than the hiring of FOSL Steve Loney. A year ago Jerry Jones was criticized for signing the massively under achieving Cardinals T Leonard Davis (who was often referred to as a first round bust) to a huge contract. Now Davis is a Pro Bowler. He must have learned something in Dallas that he did not in Arizona. Who was Leonard Davis' position coach while he was under grossly achieving in AZ? None other than our new OL coach, STEVE baLONEY. Go Chargers.

Jeff Gordon: Right now, FOSL are about all the Rams can hope to attract to the coaching staff. Again, this regime has "lame duck" stamped all over it.
    =========================
    Buzz: Gordo,
    Do you know what the injury situation is with kicker Jeff Wilkins? I gather it's not something that will heal with time. Do we need to draft or sign a new kicker, even if Wilkins doesn't retire? Thanks.

Jeff Gordon: Jeff is considering retirement. That, plus his mediocre performance and high contract, opens up the job for next year.
    ===================
    Matt Durocher: Hey Jeff,
    A quick comment and a question. First, all the bashing about Linehan hiring his friends (F.O.S.L.) is out of hand. Linehan certainly knows he is on a very hot seat, and is doing what he feels will best save his job. It's his call to make, sink or swim.
    Also, do you think Chip will have the stomach to make changes at the top? If so, when? This management has run it's course and a new direction has to start at the top.
    Seems a good time to turn this thing upside down. Your thoughts?

Jeff Gordon: Chip has to deal with the passing of Georgia. In time, he will make his mark. The fact that Shaw is likely to depart creates that opporunity. Bernie says that Chip takes the Rosenbloom legacy seriously, so he won't want to be in charge of a clown show.
    ==========================
    RCJ: In light of Georgia's passing I wanted to know if there is any indication of the Rams leaving town. There have been suggestions that Mr. Rosenbloom wants to make it work here, but I thought I heard rumblings to the contrary. I know Kroenke has first rights in a sale but that is not a guarantee that he will take full ownership. Obviously the NFL would like to see a team back in LA and I don't think they take St Louis seriously as a market. What have you heard?

Have you been able to gauge any idea of what Rosenbloom wants to do? Is there any slight rumbling of outside ownership groups in case Kroenke doesn't buy the team, and a sense of what they would do? Would Kroenke keep it here? I'm incredibly nervous.

Jeff Gordon: It's too early to tell. Chip has his own career in Hollywood and he is quite busy. Would he rather cash out the team than run it? And what would the new owner do?

Kroenke would be the ideal owner, of course, but the NFL will have to change its rules to make that happen.
    ==================
    Zach: Hey Gordo,

I read an article on ESPN about Georgia Frontiere and you would not believe the blogs under the article from people in Los Angeles. It made me sick that people would say the things they said about someone who just passed away. I am out in Scottsdale and there is a lot of talk out here about the Rams one day coming back to Los Angeles. Why would her son ever want to bring the team back to LA after hearing all the things they are saying about her mother? Is there any truth to the Rams ever returning to LA? Thanks Gordo!

Jeff Gordon: Until the NFL has at least one LA team, anything is possible. Chip would be quite the hero in SoCal if he did bring the team back. As for the abuse Georgia took, that is to be expected. She moved the team. Bill Bidwill isn't a popular guy here.
    ======================
    wade: SPORTS FUTILITY- see Arizona Cardinals, last home playoff game 1947. Bill you should be ashamed,NFL you should be ashamed, milking so many fans for so long. SELL Remember "If we could build a dome in St. Louis we could get a Super Bowl? HA!

Jeff Gordon: The Rams built their dome before the NFL starting offering Super Bowls as incentive. The league didn't even want St. Louis to have a team. So we can't be jealous of the Super Bowl in Glendale.
    ======================
    Ray: Gordo, this may seem crazy, but I think the Rams need a new head coach and I think we should try and hire Bill Cowar out of retirement. For a number of reasons. The Rams need some new energy and excitement and Bill just might do it.

Jeff Gordon: No, Bill Cowher will not come out of retirement this year to coach the Rams. He turned down much better jobs to stay in TV.
    ===================
    Mike Holmgren: I'm glad the Rams have decided to keep Linehan around another year. Now why did the ***** have to bring that Martz character back? I used to have four games every year in which I didn't have to think quite so hard - now I have only the two Rams games. I mean those incessant, futile runs up the middle on first down, the running plays on third and extra long. Man, those Ram Sundays make for some easy pickings. But I'm gonna actually have to do some real hard thinking on 49er Sundays, now that Mad Mike is back in the division - what with things like motion before the snap, play action, and complicated offensive things like that. Gee, this really might just leave those poor ol' Rams in the cellar all by themselves, won't it?

Jeff Gordon: Yeah, old Mike might want to retire now that Mad Mike is in SF and Arizona is turning the corner. The NFC West could be a lot tougher next year.

Not good news for the Male Sheep, BTW.
    ====================
    paul smith: explain to me why the rams let madison hedgecock go he seems to be a great blocking fullback for the superbowl bound Giants. To me its just another example of how out of touch the front office and coaching staff are.

Jeff Gordon: The Rams let him go because his blocking regressed here and he wasn't making a difference on the special teams. I suppose you blame the coaches for that.
    ========================
    Tacleberry: San Diego really moved the ball well yesterday, especially considering their personnel situation. Too bad Turner was channeling Linehan in the redzone.

Speaking of Linehan, how do you view his early moves, in terms of getting this thing turned around? I have to say that I am jealous of Miami, Baltimore, & Atlanta fans who get a chance for a fresh start in '08. If I had to bet on the Rams 2008, I'd be inclined to go with the "more of the same" line. There is nothing about Linehan that gets me excited. His offense is bland, his leadership is bland, and his personality is bland. Ironically, his record as a head coach, bland.

Jeff Gordon: Until the Rams get new, dymanic leadership at the top, it will impossible to expect huge improvements for '08.
    ========================
    Pat: Jeff,
    With the passing of Georgia do you think the hiring of a new offensive coordinator will be delayed? And of the realistic choices of coordinators available who do you see them hiring?
    thank you,
    A Ram's fan in Patriot country

Jeff Gordon: It would appear that none of the top offensive coordinators want to come here, so Linehan is likely to hire one of the young position coaches looking to move up.
    =========================
    Bob McCabe: Jeff- Would it be crazy to bring in McFadden for that 1-2 combination or is that something Jackson wouldn't go for?

Also- Is Timmerman still in the area? Wouldn't he be a no-brainer to come in and help the O-Line a bit as a coach or is there something between him and Linehan?

Jeff Gordon: I know if Timmerman wants to coach -- but that wouldn't happen here.

Drafting McFadden would be overkill. The Rams have an elite back in Jackson. The club needs to extend his deal and fill other needs.
    =======================
    STL Mike: Regarding the Rams' Offensive Coordinator job:

1.) Who do you THINK will be hired? And...
    2.) Who do you WANT?

Chow is going to UCLA and Cam Cameron probably to Baltimore, so I think that leaves Ken Zampese and Brian Billick as our two best remaining options.

I really hope it's Ken Zampese. He would be a great fit... the guys liked him, and he did well with Palmer in Cincy. His play-calling would be so much better! He has good ties with the Rams. Bring him in, Linny!

Jeff Gordon: Of the likely choices, Zampese IS a good fit. Experienced coaches aren't coming in here. Zygmunt is a fan of the kid, so that helps. Maybe, just maybe, he could energize the offense and salvage next season.
    ====================
    Jerry Venteicher: When we will get a Rams coach that can win?

Jeff Gordon: In due time, you will get to raise that question with Chip Rosenbloom.
    ======================
    Gabriel to Snow: Hello Gordo, first I'd just like to say "Thank you Goeorgia". Perfect she wasn't, but whether by plan or happenstance, she was at the helm for the most improbable, glorious & fascinating cinderella season in history. I loved the charachter of the coaching staff & players on that team. They were easy to root for. I also was VERY thankful for the St Louis fans. Been a fan since early sixties, but never lived near the franchise. She took my team to a venue with genuine screaming fans! I loved her for that. My main squeeze Kelly, who does live in St Louis, knows almost zero about football, but she knew something about Georgia, & was saddened by her passing. To me, the 99 Rams & the move to St Louis validated her ownership, & to me, she went out a winner.

On the practical side, is the timing of Georgias passing going to further hamper a OC search due to even MORE uncertainty around the clubs future? I believe Zampese is about the best we could hope for at this juncture. Any inside info. on his coming here? Thanks Gordo

Jeff Gordon: The fact that Linehan is entering the final year of his contract limits the OC search. Who wants to move here for a year?
    ==================
    Marty: Jeff:

How much longer do you feel John Shaw will stay on
    with the Rams?

Haz back as our DC in 08'?

Thanks!

Jeff Gordon: I'd like to see Haslett return. He is one Rams coach with some presence. Shaw figures to exit sometime this year, as long as there is a smooth transition. He seems ready for new challenges.
    =====================
    tc: Jeff:
    The Rams O-line has proven to be a serious weakness in the last 2 seasons. Do you see the Rams picking up a free-agent or using that Number 2 draft pick to bolster this sack-prone unit?

Jeff Gordon: The Rams will add invest in a third tackle one way or another. And the team will add interior depth. But the return of Pace, Setterstrom and Incognito from the injured list would go a long way towards fixing things.
    =======================
    Steve in Rochester, NY: Gordo,

Any news from the meeting of the minds last week, specifically on the OC position? As usual the Rams seem to be wasting a lot of time and have only interviewed 2 candidates so far.

Jeff Gordon: It doesn't appear major changes will occur, since Shaw is on his way out the door. So Linehan will take what he can get at OC and take one more shot at being a head coach.
    ===============
    mr. starks: Hey Jeff,
    Do you believe that if and when the Rams are sold that they will remain in St. Louis? I'm sure nothing will immediately happen but I live close and really enjoy a 4 hour drive to a game each year and don't want it to be a trip across the country.

Jeff Gordon: St. Louis is a decent NFL market, but its stadium could be obsolete within a decade. As long as LA lacks a team, Rams fans should fret about the long term.
    ==================
    JD Clark: Gordo, thanks for the great forum and your insight. Any word on the OC position. It seems that many of the candidates are getting locked up quickly by other teams. Also, with the draft being so deep in quality RBs, do you see the Rams drafting one in the middle rounds? Finally, do you hear any rumours about possible trades involving the Rams such as trading for a quality #1 or #2 receiver? Thanks again!

Jeff Gordon: With Jackson, Leonard and Pittman, the Rams have good young RBs. As deep as the draft is, I look for the Rams to fill other needs high in the draft. On the second day, anything is possible.
    ====================
    Jeff\San Jose: Hi, Jeff,

I did some rough calculations regarding the tax implications of Chip Rosenbloom and sister keeping the Rams following Georgia's death (no, I'm not a finance guy). Given that the Rams are worth around $900 mil, with their stake at around $550 mil. Current tax law, I believe, would leave then liable for something like $200 mil in estate taxes.

How can the Rosenblooms possibly keep the team with such a debt?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Gordon: We'll see soon enough if the implications are really that severe. Early indications are that Chip won't be forced to make a quick sale for the reasons you mentioned.
    =======================
    Nick (Cal): Hey Jeff, with free agency still a bit off do you see the Rams making a play for either Asomugha or Samuels at DB? I know we have Brown for a few more years, but he is 1 bad night from the Pacman vacation. One of these two players and a solid Strong Safety could provide a huge boost to a developing secondary. Add a solid edge rusher and you have what could be a top 10 defense.

On the offensive end, I think making an all out run at Faneca or Lija (in that order) would be a two fold move. One it shores up an ongoing weakness. Second I have a feeling the Cards (with Wiz and Co trying to get their former palyer) and Seahawks (trying to replace Hutch who they sorely miss) will be at the top of the bidding for these guys.

Any rumblings of if these guys will be on the radar of the Rams?

Jeff Gordon: The Rams will have to dramatically overspend to get an elite free agent at any position. This is a 3-13 team with a lame-duck coach and uncertain ownership. So I would be stunned if they got out on the front lines of the shopping.
    ====================
    Jon: I loved the pick of Carricker by the Rams last year, and by season's end, he showed to be a great player this year. Plus, Ryan may have been the best "value" pick of the 07 draft. That being said, it is looking like a strong possibility that Glenn Dorsey could fall into the Rams lap. In my opinion, he is too good a talent to pass on, and I think Jake Long is much less of a sure thing, or impact player for that matter. What are the chances the Rams ask Carricker to drop the 20+ pounds he put on last year, in order to be around 280-285 and move back to to end? A young line with Pickett, Dorsey, and Carricker could strike fear into QBs and RBs a like for years to come...

Jeff Gordon: It's a thought. Carriker may be better at DE, especially in a 3-4. But if the Rams went 3-4, where would Dorsey fit. In a 4-3, the Rams would really lack edge rush with Little aging and Carriker and Adeyanju as the two young DEs.
    ===================
    mr. starks: Hey, do you think Chillar will be resigned, they will pursue a FA, or draft someone? If he doesn't come back, I heard Vilma isn't happy in New York...

Jeff Gordon: Chillar would be OK if the Rams go to the 3-4 and need more LBs. As for other free agents, again, expect the Rams be back at the end of the line for most of what's out there.
    ==================
    RamsDraftGuru63: If you had the final call on this years 1st round pick - and you only had two choices DE Chiris Long or DE Vernon Gholston - who would you pick and why?

Jeff Gordon: The people I trust rave about Long. But if the team moves down a few slots, the equation could change.
    ===================
    Tony: Hello J.G. Do you know If Chip has any idea on how unhappy we are w/Loseahan, or the horrible coaching and horrible personel decisions that were made for his team. And why is this H.C. hiring offensive assistants w/out any input from a not hired O.C. who is supposed to have complete control of the offense. I wish he would atleast put Kroneke in charge of making the team decisions until a true GM is hired. And do you know if Kroneke likes the present front offce. Thanks for your time.

Jeff Gordon: Kroenke can't be happy with the results. His role (or non-role) in the transformation will be interesting. Stan is a smart man, so Rams fans can only hope that Chip listens to him.

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Re: Gordo Live: 1-21 Shaw is on his way out the door?

can you post the one where it talks about shaw please? i dont want to read through the whole article

EDIT: nevermind i found them, this is for the people who dont want to read through the article.

Jim Glines: What happened during the Linehann meetings with Shaw and Zuggy in Los Angeles. I think fans expected to see 'major shakeup' in the coaching staff, yet nothing real has been forthcoming. Now with Georgia's death, how will that impace the ability of the Rams to act decisively on their selection of a new Offensive Coordinator and other major coaching needs?
    So many questions; so few answere!

Jeff Gordon: This is Chip Rosenbloom's team now. And it may take him awhile to get involved, for obvious reasons. So, no, the LA summit was not going to generate major change under those circumstance. Shaw is likely on his way out -- and Shaw is the guy that forces major change.
    A quick comment and a question. First, all the bashing about Linehan hiring his friends (F.O.S.L.) is out of hand. Linehan certainly knows he is on a very hot seat, and is doing what he feels will best save his job. It's his call to make, sink or swim.
    Also, do you think Chip will have the stomach to make changes at the top? If so, when? This management has run it's course and a new direction has to start at the top.
    Seems a good time to turn this thing upside down. Your thoughts?

Jeff Gordon: Chip has to deal with the passing of Georgia. In time, he will make his mark. The fact that Shaw is likely to depart creates that opporunity. Bernie says that Chip takes the Rosenbloom legacy seriously, so he won't want to be in charge of a clown show.

How much longer do you feel John Shaw will stay on
    with the Rams?

Haz back as our DC in 08'?

Thanks!

Jeff Gordon: I'd like to see Haslett return. He is one Rams coach with some presence. Shaw figures to exit sometime this year, as long as there is a smooth transition. He seems ready for new challenges.
    Last edited by ramsplaya16; -01-21-2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: found them
    Built RAM tough

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

A young line with Pickett, Dorsey, and Carricker could strike fear into QBs and RBs a like for years to come...
    ...Pickett?

Drew is offline Registered User

am quite surprised how erm... sensible the questions have been this week... not including the Timmerman as our O-line Coach one,lol..there`ll always be atleast one always!!!
    am suprised i havent read Gordo being asked why Bulger takes the field without a Bat and why Jackson runs straight,instead of in circles...

Hope,Gordo moves over to the City of Angels with us!

"It`s on and we`re going!" Cletus to Ajax in "The Warriors"

maineram is offline Registered User

Question ?

Why would Shaw walk away this year, leaving Georgias son as the new owner and not stay on until the dust cleared and a new direction was decided on ??
    Georgia relyed on John, as will Chip, as he get's his feet wet in this business. Whether Chip decides to buy his sisters share for majority share, or sells to his sister, or chats with Kreonke to try and get controlling shares, Shaw must lead the transition, as Georgia would have or did wish. Shaw has been THE MAN, for the Rams for too long to wash his hands and leave the franchise in TOTAL disarray and or direction.
    I'm thinking Shaw will stay on during this major transition and go about Rams business until he knows it's time to step away.

He knows he owes this to Georgia !!!

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !