r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Gordy Promoted To Active Roster

Gordy promoted to active roster

BY JIM THOMAS
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The revolving door at cornerback continues for the St. Louis Rams. The team has placed Tim Atchison on the injured reserve list with a hamstring injury and promoted Josh Gordy from the practice squad to the active roster to take Atchison's place.

Gordy, 5-11, 195, entered the league in 2010 as an undrafted rookie with Jacksonville. He subsequently spent 10 weeks on Green Bay's practice squad, and then played in two late-season games for the Packers, recording one special teams tackle.

After being released by the Packers at the end of this preseason, he was signed to the Rams' practice squad two weeks ago. A native of Augusta, Ga., Gordy was a four-year starter at Central Michigan.

His brother, Christopher Edwards, was a linebacker at Georgia Tech. His cousin, Robert Edwards, was a first-round pick by New England in 1998 at running back. Another cousin, Berry Gordy, was the founder of the Motown record label.

Gordy's spot on the practice squad has been filled with the Rams re-signing running back Chase Reynolds after a one-week hiatus.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Gordy Promoted To Active Roster

That's quite a bloodline. C'mon, Josh, we could use a little Motown groovin' on this team. I ain't too proud to beg....

Shame about Atchison, though; I liked that kid's moxie.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Best of luck to Gordy and I agree Mr. Oro, that hip-hop bs ain't cuttin' it. What we NEED is that Motown swagger.

Also, really glad to see Chase back. He'll prolly never even see the field w/ Caddy and Jerious here but I really like the guy and I hope he stays here. We can always use someone from that Amendola mold. Balls out, EVERY time!
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Hope that Josh can produce the hits like his cousin Berry! Maybe St.Louis can become 'Hitsville USA'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]