Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sanches is offline Registered User

Grady Jackson Visits Rams

Reported at the end of this article by Jim Thomas:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...F?OpenDocument

Jackson visits

Grady Jackson, a free-agent defensive tackle from the Green Bay Packers, paid a visit to Rams Park on Monday. Contract negotiations could take place later this week.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Grady Jackson Visits Rams

That's good to hear. He'd really improve the defensive line rotation, and hopefully we should be able to work out a reasonable deal since his options are running out.

harrydog is offline Registered User

If he's signed would that mean that taking Ngata is now out of the question?

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog
    Probrably. I love the news! Grady Jackson a great run stopper, La'Roi Glover a great pass rusher in the middle with Hargrove and Little on the outside That'd be a great Oline!
    RamsFan16

I doubt we'd pick up another nose tackle early in the draft if we sign Jackson, but I wouldn't be all that surprised if we drafted more of a pass-rushing type like Bunkley to groom as Glover's back-up and eventual successor.

majorram is offline Registered User

Agree Goldenfleece on not picking up another nose tackle , I think if they pick up Jackson , that the Rams would look to draft a CB at the 11th spot...or move up...

On the Jackson issue he may come alot cheaper NOW with his options running out!!! just hope that he passes his medical...

steve:clanram:
    "The breakfast Club"

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Or one of the trillion mock drafts I've seen this year had the Rams trading places with Baltimore and still getting Tye Hill. Trading firsts and getting a second from the Ravens for our third.

Truth is offline Registered User

Grady Jackson is 33 yrs old. That's getting up there for a defensive lineman. If the rams get him, it's a temporary fill, not a permanent fix. If the right guy is there in the draft, you take him, even if you've signed Jackson.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    Grady Jackson is 33 yrs old. That's getting up there for a defensive lineman. If the rams get him, it's a temporary fill, not a permanent fix. If the right guy is there in the draft, you take him, even if you've signed Jackson.
    amazing! someone finally gets it. great post truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    The way I'm looking at this, Grady Jackson is the insurance on Jimmy Kennedy's development. I figure the coaches are giving Jimmy a year to convince them he's a long-term solution. If not, they draft a replacement next year. Notice that the timing of this move is right after the mini-camp, where supposedly Kennedy was kind of up and down.

Without Jackson, DT is an absolute necessity because we have no depth. With him, it's a position you only address if you've got a chance to take a player who is clearly significantly better than the others available.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

how many years do you guys think he's got left in him? 3 perhaps? I know he's a good player

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by harrydog
    I'd have to say absolutely not. Historically, DT is the last position to make the college to pro transition. If Ngata is typical of most DTs, Jackson will be 35 before Ngata is ready to go anyway. We could very easily sign Jackson AND draft Ngata.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I like him. He's old, but he's huge. Reminds me a bit of Dan Wilkinson. I still say Ngata could be an option at 11.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    I'd have to say absolutely not. Historically, DT is the last position to make the college to pro transition. If Ngata is typical of most DTs, Jackson will be 35 before Ngata is ready to go anyway. We could very easily sign Jackson AND draft Ngata.
    I hope that's the case. A good D-line makes all the other defensive players jobs easier. And I doubt that Jackson has more than 1 or 2 good years left in him. He could be a great teacher for Ngata and Kennedy.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

He's a bit long in the teeth, but as far as huge... I don't know. He, Lemont and Fred could all get in Fred's old pickuptruck without much problems.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast