Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Great Article: What are the 2010 Rams?

Quote Originally Posted by clarasDK View Post

Any of you have any inputs for raising the wife acceptance factor for me travelling to the US to see the Rams play?
    Tell her that Tiger Woods retired from football?

tmbkb8 is offline Registered User

Ok, I understand a lot of people are hesitant to put the term "contender" to this Rams team (myself included). But lets take a look at where we have come from. Last season was a nightmare, even for a Rams fan like myself and you all who have come to love this team through everything. I guess what I am trying to say is this: isn't it great that we can even have this argument? Whether or not we really are a potential playoff team aside, it just FEELS GOOD to be able to have this debate. The one thing that is not open for debate? That this Rams team is only going to continue to progress. Now that is an exciting thought.

GO RAMS!

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    After the horror show over the past several seasons, fans are understandably giddy over the 3-3 start. When you start 0-4, 0-5 and 0-8 in successive years, 3-3 may as well be a Super Bowl year. Fans are hungry for wins, and thus far the Rams have given them hope with a promising start. Just as importantly, they've been competitive in two of their losses and are coming off a win vs. a quality (albeit underachieving) opponent. There is reason for excitement, and this team appears to be a driven club with a lot of heart and future promise.

It is easy to allow our excitement to get the best of us given where we've been and the apparent mediocrity of our division. As usual, proper perspective must be taken. Our schedule is weak. We still have some glaring deficiencies as a team. Consistency is an issue: Are we the 7 sack team that showed up vs. San Diego, or are we the team that at times looks like we have a non-existant pass rush? Depth is a concern in several key spots.

Challenges still lie ahead. Beating someone on the road. Getting the record above .500 for the first time since 2006. Building on success instead of reverting to old form. Staying healthy. More divisional wins. Steady improvement. Grooming the young guys. Better in game decisions by the coaches.

I am thrilled we are 3-3. But Tampa and Carolina- two winnable opponents are winnable games and must not be taken lightly; doing so would set us back and bring forth many of the old feelings of negativity. Talk of a division title is getting way ahead of ourselves and is best left for later in the season at a time when/if we're in a position to take it.

One day at a time.
    Agree. Lets not get ahead of ourselves just yet. Like mentioned before, enjoy the season, enjoy the progress and continue to monitor the developments whilst understanding that we still have a LOT OF RESPECT to earn back.

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    After the horror show over the past several seasons, fans are understandably giddy over the 3-3 start. When you start 0-4, 0-5 and 0-8 in successive years, 3-3 may as well be a Super Bowl year. Fans are hungry for wins, and thus far the Rams have given them hope with a promising start. Just as importantly, they've been competitive in two of their losses and are coming off a win vs. a quality (albeit underachieving) opponent. There is reason for excitement, and this team appears to be a driven club with a lot of heart and future promise.

It is easy to allow our excitement to get the best of us given where we've been and the apparent mediocrity of our division. As usual, proper perspective must be taken. Our schedule is weak. We still have some glaring deficiencies as a team. Consistency is an issue: Are we the 7 sack team that showed up vs. San Diego, or are we the team that at times looks like we have a non-existant pass rush? Depth is a concern in several key spots.

Challenges still lie ahead. Beating someone on the road. Getting the record above .500 for the first time since 2006. Building on success instead of reverting to old form. Staying healthy. More divisional wins. Steady improvement. Grooming the young guys. Better in game decisions by the coaches.

I am thrilled we are 3-3. But Tampa and Carolina- two winnable opponents are winnable games and must not be taken lightly; doing so would set us back and bring forth many of the old feelings of negativity. Talk of a division title is getting way ahead of ourselves and is best left for later in the season at a time when/if we're in a position to take it.

One day at a time.
    What he said.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12