throwback week

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Curly Horns

Thread: Great Game! - Replacement Refs Suck!

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Exclamation Great Game! - Replacement Refs Suck!

Tough loss in a game that could have went either way. Losing Saffold is a big loss at this point. Wells hurt too, not good.

Hey Bradford - you've got to step it up!

Great scheming by Fisher and company - Excellent job coaching staff!

Good Lord these Refs Suck! Never thought I'd pine for the real officials. They missed two key facemasks by the lions. One on the Jenkins pick and another on Richardson when he was tackled at the 11 yard line; and we had to settle for a FG after that series. Questionable holding call on Turner and that was not a false start on Saffold during the first series of the second half.

Someone needs to tell Jo-Lonn - when you are running up the sidelines for a pick six and nothing stands in your way except for the QB you don't try and change direction - you bowl his arse over.

Damn we could have won that game!!!!

thermobee likes this.

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Re: Great Game! - Replacement Refs Suck!

Bradford Step it up? 68 completion percentage, 200 yards, a touchdown and no turnovers. Offensive line was getting destroyed, I think he played very well all else considered.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

What made that holding call so much worse is all the legitmate holding the Lion's were getting away with.

I will say that our last drive did have two pretty obvios false starts that weren't called. Stafford would have been sacked at least three more times if the Lions weren't allowed to get away with such blantant holding. They also stopped the clock a couple of times, towards the end of the game, when the play was blown dead inbounds. Would that have prevented time for the TD, and forced a FG? No one will ever know.

I still say this was a very acceptable game. I would really have liked a win, but that soft D at the end gave the game away.

gap

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    Bradford Step it up? 68 completion percentage, 200 yards, a touchdown and no turnovers. Offensive line was getting destroyed, I think he played very well all else considered.
    He had good stats, but his statue impersonations caused all but one of his sacks. He needs to learn to move in the pocket or throw the ball away.

gap

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I've seen worse games called by regular refs... Bad calls on both sides of the ball IMHO. The NFL game is a tough one to call. Too many gray area calls that can go either way.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Trevor is offline Registered User

Its like people are expecting Bradford to be elite this game. He is not, yet. His stats were great. He did well. People are expecting way too much because of a new team. Its just the first game of the season against a high powered Lions and the Rams played till the very end. The run game wasn't that great, neither was the pass game. Overall I like the look of the new team.

emuen is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Judaxi View Post
    200yrds! How did he do that!

The Lions got pressure, but when Bradford had time he didn't impress much. I counted one good throw in the game, to Gibson for the TD. On the other hand he missed a wide open Amendola and under-threw a wide open Givens.

He is a good game-manager though. Doesn't turn the ball over. A lot like Alex Smith in that regard.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    He had good stats, but his statue impersonations caused all but one of his sacks. He needs to learn to move in the pocket or throw the ball away.

gap
    I agree with this if impersonations is meant to be improvisations. If not, I just don't know.

He, Bradford, needs to throw the ball away instead of taking the long, very long, sacks.

The Rams were close enough to win this game, with one play or another going their way. Example: Gibson knows better than to do what he got flagged for. That put the Rams offense in a hole from which it eventually had to punt. That is potential points <I know, a stretch> but is definitely time of the clock, which matters even at that point in the game.

I for one, am not demoralized by this game. This is not last years Rams.
    Semper Fi!