Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    RamWraith's Avatar
    RamWraith is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    61

    The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Great:
    Bulger has not thrown a pick in 3 games. And that is 68 attempts.
    Wilkins is money again
    Holt is a man among boys at times

    Good:
    Bulger had solid performance with 309 yards
    Hats off to Victor and Green this week.
    Spoon is an animal. It is finally nice to have a play-maker in the middle.
    Pisa better get on the All-Madden team this year. WE ARE NOT WORTHY
    Did you know Carter had 5 tackles?
    Cards fans. It was nice to see some support after so many years.

    Bad:
    Can Fisher tackle?
    Pace was getting killed early on but settled down
    Not sold on Jackson yet. 1 yard, -4 yards, -1 yard and then 18 doesn't cut it for me.
    Atogwa had a rough game
    Turk had the his worst game of the season
    For the most part we again had little pressure. Most of it came from the secondary coverage
    Hasletts lack of blitzing early on.

    Ugly
    THE REFS!!!


  2. #2
    RamsFan16's Avatar
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,072
    Rep Power
    38

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Yea, those refs were ugly. I think for the refs sake we had Home Field advantage sometimes.


    But yea, Carter tackled alot better this game than he did last season. Also Tye Hill's tackling is just inbelieveable he nearly blew up Anquan Boldin but ended up with only a good tackle. Hill is going to be special!

    And also, Jackson was hit in the backfield on about half of his carries but yet managed to get back to the line alot. He is running much stronger this year! He's a beast! 121 Total Yards!
    RamsFan16

  3. #3
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,514
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Jackson had no chance on many of those runs. The issue is the interior line blocking, not jackson. Timmerman looks older every week.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  4. #4
    jjigga3000's Avatar
    jjigga3000 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    1,393
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    From what I recall Fisher only missed one Tackle, but I think at this point Hill is close to replacing Fisher. Can we get a Amen for the D, another 3 int's, and Fahkir Brown is also incredible. By the way that was a touch down, Holt was pushed out the backend of the TD zone. Had he not been touched it would have been a touchdown, and they should have challenged that play.

    I'm glad to see that the Offense has finally started their engine. We will only get better.

  5. #5
    UtterBlitz's Avatar
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,439
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000 View Post
    From what I recall Fisher only missed one Tackle, but I think at this point Hill is close to replacing Fisher. Can we get a Amen for the D, another 3 int's, and Fahkir Brown is also incredible. By the way that was a touch down, Holt was pushed out the backend of the TD zone. Had he not been touched it would have been a touchdown, and they should have challenged that play.

    I'm glad to see that the Offense has finally started their engine. We will only get better.
    The Offense is coming together, but they are still struggling in the red zone. They are improving, which is good to see, and it is expected from this potent offense.

    Amen for the D, amen. They looked good again in this game. Perhaps the niner game was a fluke.

    Holt's catch in the back of the end zone should have been a TD since he got pushed out, but we did get there on a bad pass interference call so I was ok with letting that one go without a challenge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    ImJohnWayne is offline Awaiting Email Conformation
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    29
    Posts
    127
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    The Offense is coming together, but they are still struggling in the red zone. They are improving, which is good to see, and it is expected from this potent offense.

    Amen for the D, amen. They looked good again in this game. Perhaps the niner game was a fluke.

    Holt's catch in the back of the end zone should have been a TD since he got pushed out, but we did get there on a bad pass interference call so I was ok with letting that one go without a challenge.
    The D played very well today, if we find a way to bring the intensity we had in the opener against the Broncos on the road with us the D will be the best in the NFC West.

    If they dont take away that TD from Holt I dont know if anyone mentions our redzone struggles.

    I thought the PI call was warranted after watching the replay. Holt and the DB were not "holding hands" like the announcer was trying to make everyone believe. The DB just had Holt by the wrist. I'm gonna take another look in a minute... (I love TiVo )
    Last edited by ImJohnWayne; -09-25-2006 at 01:14 AM.

  7. #7
    UtterBlitz's Avatar
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,439
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by ImJohnWayne View Post
    If they dont take away that TD from Holt I dont know if anyone mentions our redzone struggles.

    I thought the PI call was warranted after watching the replay. Holt and the DB were not "holding hands" like the announcer was trying to make everyone believe. The DB just had Holt by the wrist. I'm gonna take another look in a minute... (I love TiVo )
    Good point about the red zone struggles....Holt had that one...Jackson could have had one if he had not stepped out of bounds, and I thought Bulger could have run one in himself instead of throwing it to Holt. Some of those might have been on the same drive, so they can't all count, but we had plenty of opportunities in this game.

    Let us know what you think of the replay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #8
    RamFan_Til_I_Die's Avatar
    RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,135
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    Not sold on Jackson yet. 1 yard, -4 yards, -1 yard and then 18 doesn't cut it for me.
    Show me one back that gets positive yardage everytime, and I'll show you a figment of your imagination.


    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Jackson had no chance on many of those runs. The issue is the interior line blocking, not jackson. Timmerman looks older every week.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    And also, Jackson was hit in the backfield on about half of his carries but yet managed to get back to the line alot. He is running much stronger this year! He's a beast! 121 Total Yards!
    EXACTLY.

  9. #9
    letsgoramz's Avatar
    letsgoramz is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New york city
    Posts
    320
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    the offense is looking better cause Martz had his hand in it this week a lot of the Greatest Show On turf Plays were used against the cards today Hence the 300 yd passing game and i think that will continue as long as it keeps our offense going......
    Torry Holt Dont play that

  10. #10
    Varg6's Avatar
    Varg6 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    3,612
    Rep Power
    43

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoramz View Post
    the offense is looking better cause Martz had his hand in it this week a lot of the Greatest Show On turf Plays were used against the cards today Hence the 300 yd passing game and i think that will continue as long as it keeps our offense going......
    Well...yeah, I mean you gotta adopt some plays that you KNOW worked previously, and that the rest of the offense KNOWS that it'll work...so hey, my hats off to Linehan, no one has talked about his plays being called today, and I think he worked brilliantly against the Cards.


    Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

  11. #11
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,544
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Bulger has not thrown a pick in 3 games. And that is 68 attempts.
    Last week was 68. It's 99 now.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  12. #12
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,544
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Can Fisher tackle?
    About as well as he can cover. For three years now, I've been wondering why the Rams still pay this guy. He's not a playmaker, and IMO, not even a solid performer. Go watch the game again.....when the Cards have a big play, Fisher will be a part of it.
    Not sold on Jackson yet. 1 yard, -4 yards, -1 yard and then 18 doesn't cut it for me.
    I disagree. I think Jackson has been doing a fine job. Yesterday, there were two huge factors working against him: 1) the interior OL's inability to block Dockett, and 2) the predictability of Linehan's running calls. I sniffed out nearly every running call yesterday, and if a CPA in the middle of the Ozarks can, then I guarantee an NFL DC, and any DL or LB is on top of it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  13. #13
    CRAZYHORNS's Avatar
    CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Maryland near DC
    Age
    47
    Posts
    633
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Regarding Jackson:

    Everyone wants to be quick at giving this guy a free pass. I think he is a talent but lacks the 1st step burst that the Rams use to get from Faulk for positive yards. He needs to watch the film and notice how the EDGE was caught many times in the backfield but somehow got positive yards. The EDGE uses a quick burst down low(key point he gets low). Jackson likes to stand up and everyone knows the key to tackling is leverage. Jackson needs to get low and small make it difficult for these guys to get ahold of him. Stop trying to wait for big holes and out power these guys hit the seams down low and go.....



    On the Holt TD:

    I agree it should have been a touch down. However, the pushing out of bounds is a judgment call. I do not believe judgement calls can be reviewed.

    Go Rams

  14. #14
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,277
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    Well...yeah, I mean you gotta adopt some plays that you KNOW worked previously, and that the rest of the offense KNOWS that it'll work...so hey, my hats off to Linehan, no one has talked about his plays being called today, and I think he worked brilliantly against the Cards.
    I made this same statement weeks ago. Someone retorted that you create more problems when you combine the two. I disagreed then and I believe that my theory proved out this weekend in the improved passing game. If you have certain patterns and blocking schemes that you're comfortable with, then continue to use them. Somewhere, somehow though, Linehan needs to get the TE's involved.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  15. #15
    thoey's Avatar
    thoey is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,017
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: The Great, Good, Bad and the Ugly

    According to one of the articles I read here, they didn't bring back any old plays. Those plays were already in Linehan's play book. They just switched to calling it the way Martz used to. So, instead of speaking French and thinking English, they talked in English...
    This space for rent...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •