Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tonyray05 Guest

Re: GREAT story for you guys at ClanRam

Great story NJ, glad to hear that Spags is kicking tail and taking names. I like Crabtree but maybe we can get so much more if we trade down.

bigredman Guest

While Crabtree is a big strong and fast receiver, and after seeing what Fitzgerald did for Arizona in the playoffs, I can see where many would want to go that way. However, remember Fitzgerald has been in the league since 2004 before he became the dominate receiver you saw in these playoffs. While a big strong receiver like that help the QB get the ball away quicker and not have to depend on pass protection as long as otherwise would be the case, I don't think Bulger has enough time to allow Crabtree get that good to be of any immediate help to him. There are always going to be really good receivers to choose from in future drafts. A really great lineman are harder to find.

RAMPAGE! Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    While Crabtree is a big strong and fast receiver, and after seeing what Fitzgerald did for Arizona in the playoffs, I can see where many would want to go that way. However, remember Fitzgerald has been in the league since 2004 before he became the dominate receiver you saw in these playoffs. While a big strong receiver like that help the QB get the ball away quicker and not have to depend on pass protection as long as otherwise would be the case, I don't think Bulger has enough time to allow Crabtree get that good to be of any immediate help to him. There are always going to be really good receivers to choose from in future drafts. A really great lineman are harder to find.

Well you sir are correct but...

If there were football gods on our side some how some way we would acquire J Gross from the panthers and then we could swoop up crabtree without to much drama. I know it is far fetched with our cap situation and that we nevergo after the big key free agent but that doesnt mean I can't keep hope alive

RAMPAGE! Guest

What a great insider story this made my day! You sure you dont work for TMZ? j/k

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12