Guam rammer is offline Registered User

greatest show II

With the addition of Drew Bennette, could we be seeing the emergence of the greatest show II?

The coaches have to be foaming at the mouth with the potential this offense could have. The O-line seemed to be comming together at the end of the season and if they continue their play next season we could be seeing something really big.

Bulger, Jackson, Holt, Bruce, Bennette. Maybe even faulk or Davis. Wow!!! looks good on paper. But the big guys up front need to be a force in order for this to work.

Make it a good offseason gentlemen, the happyfingers at Clanram are starting to work hard again.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Re: greatest show II

Don't jump to conclusions of something of that calibur. No offense will ever be even comparable to the Greatest Show on Turf. This offense is high octane, but this offense, and along with all the offenses in the league will never be even close to the GSOT. There won't be such a thing as another GSOT. Its one of those things that will happen once, and more than likely never happen again. I can't say there won't EVER be as great of an offense, but its pretty much highly unlikely...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Keenum is offline Registered User

I think we have the potential to come close.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Don't jump to conclusions of something of that calibur. No offense will ever be even comparable to the Greatest Show on Turf. This offense is high octane, but this offense, and along with all the offenses in the league will never be even close to the GSOT. There won't be such a thing as another GSOT. Its one of those things that will happen once, and more than likely never happen again. I can't say there won't EVER be as great of an offense, but its pretty much highly unlikely...
    We'll never do this, we'll never do that, barry bonds will never pass Mark Mcguire for more hr in a season and he won't even come close to breaking Aaron's record(juiced or not). never practically never happens. We've got the tools to do it. It could actually happen. Besides Varg, its the offseason. It doesnt hurt to ponder.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    We'll never do this, we'll never do that, barry bonds will never pass Mark Mcguire for more hr in a season and he won't even come close to breaking Aaron's record(juiced or not). never practically never happens. We've got the tools to do it. It could actually happen. Besides Varg, its the offseason. It doesnt hurt to ponder.
    So do you expect Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak to be broken ? I don't. That's one record that I think will never be broken. The game has changed since then, and pitchers are much more talented now than they were in 1941. That's how I see the 1999-01 offense. The NFL didn't know what hit them in '99, and unfortunately they adjusted after the SB in 2002. That offense changed the way the game is played now...
    Last edited by GreatestShow99; -03-03-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    So do you expect Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak to be broken ? I don't. That's one record that I think will never be broken. The game has changed since then, and pitchers are much more talented now than they were in 1941. That's how I see the 1999-01 offense. The NFL didn't know what hit them in '99, and unfortunately they adjusted after the SB in 2002. That offense changed the way the game is played now...
    Indeed. It could be changed again like I said Guam, but I just think it is unlikely. Doesn't mean it won't though! And if there is a GSOT2 I would hope its these guys.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

"And if there is a GSOT2 I would hope its these guys."

Agreed.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    "And if there is a GSOT2 I would hope its these guys."

Agreed.
    I concur! GSOT must remain in St. Louie!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

I'm sorry if I sound harsh but the GSOT days are dead and people need to move on. It was great while it lasted but any attempt to go back to those days will be a step backward IMO.

not picking on you, just keeping the thread going but ...... going back to the GSOT is a step backwards?

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    not picking on you, just keeping the thread going but ...... going back to the GSOT is a step backwards?
    I just mean trying to get back to the GSOT days would take us backwards. That's a once in a lifetime type of deal and if you keep trying to recreate it you'll never be moving forward. The GSOT brought us a championship and memories we'll never forget but those days are gone. Time to look ahead now.